TTC in your 40's Thoughts, sharing, & support All Welcome

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC in your 40's Thoughts, sharing, & support All Welcom

Postby TriHippie » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:03 am

Hey, Thx Ladies! Your posts are helpful, keep it up.
I tested (-) at DPO10. Nausea doesn't let up, bb are larer but not so sore anymore. I don't normally get ANY PMS symptoms, so this is certainly different...
Will let you know either way :)
TriHippie
Friend

Postby Adventurer » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:06 pm

Becca: so happy to hear that you've found peace!! You certainly deserve a cheer -yay you!!!

Tammy, things are progressing so well for you. Can't wait till your 6wk u/s!!
Me - 41
DF - 35
AMH 23.8 pmol/L
Supplements: Ubiquinol 600 mg, Folate, vit D3, vit C, vit E, vit B6, Omega-3, royal jelly, L-Arginine, Chinese herbs
Acupuncture: 2x/week
IUI #1 (1/14): Femara 12.5 mg CD3-7, 3 follies, BFN
IVF #1 (2/14): 7 eggs - 5 fertilized with ICSI - 4 blasts biopsied for PGS/4 snowbabies - 1 abnormal, 3 no result
IVF #2: (4/14) 19 eggs - 13 fertilized with ICSI, 5 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #3: (6/14) 16 eggs - 10 fertilized with ICSI, 4 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #4: (8/14) 33 eggs - 27 mature - 22 fertilized with ICSI, 2 day 5 blasts transferred - BFN, 10 snowbabies, 4 remaining PGS normals
FET #1: (11/14) single embryo transfer - :bfp: at 5dp5dt
Beta #1 at 8dp5dt 134
Beta #2 at 10dp5dt 383
Beta #3 at 12dp5dt 955
Adventurer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeccaB40 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:44 am

Tammylynn, that line is excellent! Take a look at my beta's from Jessica. They are almost identical. Remember she was perfect and healthy. You are on your way to having your baby! woooohooooo!!!!!!!

We spent the weekend away just focusing on us as a family. Trying to make some new memories. We ended up heading to the cemetery yesterday to bring flowers to our baby girl. I seriously felt more peace and gratitude yesterday than I have all year. I sent thank you notes to our immediate family in honor of Jessica's "birthday" to thank them for their love and support this past year. Could not have made it through this without them. And some very special friends who have also been there for us. I feel blessed and happy and good about the future.

Really looking forward to hearing more BFP stories here!
Me: 42, two boys ages 12 & 5
DH: 43, no children of his own
Married in May, 2012
TTC one of our own
IVF in November 2013
Egg Retrieval 11/19/13
ET 11/22/13 (4 embryos)
Beta 12/3/13: 92.4 BFP!
Beta 12/5/13: 174
Beta 12/12/13: 1418

Jessica Lynn ~ Born Sleeping ~ 04/05/2014
BeccaB40
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tammylynn1230 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:40 am

Thanks Becca, I'm at the lab for my third beta right now. I feel really good about the pregnancy and have been praying and thanking God for everyday that I am still pregnant.
Happy Birthday to your angel Jessica. Sounds like you had a peaceful day. Blessings to you and your family
Me 42 :love: DH 42 (no kids of own)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

TTC since Jan 2013 /TR 12/2012
03/11/13 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

Sept 2014 IVF with frozen donor eggs!
Sept 26: BFN

Jan 12, 2015 IVF with Frozen Donor eggs!
Jan 22 BFP....Jan 30 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

March 23: FET!! Please Lord grant me this miracle...
We transferred two 5 day BB hatching embies!
March 28, 2015 BFP! Thank you Lord!
Due Date: Dec 08, 2015

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby FurbabyMomma » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:56 am

Tammy, your line looks amazing! Looking forward to seeing what your next beta will be. I have such a good feeling that this is your sticky bean(s). :sticky:

Becca, so happy to hear that your holiday went well under the circumstances. I am also looking forward to many more BFPs from our group of amazing ladies!

:babydustb: :babydustg:
Me (Vee): 44
DH: 35
NTNP since June 2013
Actively TTC #1 since October 2014

Two Furbabies: Peppa (Pitbull) and Gidget (Kitty)

FurbabyMomma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby suzy4you » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:19 am

Tammy - I have totally been stalking to make sure those lines darkened for you and they DID!! So excited for your Beta today, I will keep stalking until I see your new number, thinking it will be in the 900's!! Of course you have your reservations, but your positive attitude always shines though and will get you past this too :) LOL, I was four months pregnant with my first daughter and a pee test was negative, everyone is so different! I know this it is for you and I am doing the happy dance every time I see one of your posts!!

Becca - I just know your little angel is looking down on you and giving you peace :) We are all here for you too, I find that this site is so easy to use to get all our angst out because so many of us were there or just can relate!! xoxooxox

Tri - Good luck!! Have you considered getting a blood test??!!! I wouldn't be able to wait!

ASM - In the wait now, supposed to start Wed and my body is completely cooperating like it will start, BUT I am just rolling with it and am very happy that my cycles seem to have gone back to the 26 day :)
suzy4you
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeccaB40 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:34 pm

Tammylynn, any word yet on today's beta? I bet it's perfect!

Who was it that recently mentioned trying to keep UTIs at bay? I can't remember where I read it or who discussed it, but I meant to comment on it. I have been having the same issues for a long time know. Practically been getting one a month. Not anything serious (bacteria levels are low) but it's still a pain in the butt! I have read it's a common issue for us 40-somethings. Seriously not digging this at all. I think I had one back in my early 20s and that was it. Now it is constant. I am over it! Not sure what to do about it. And it's just another concern with TTC because Cipro is about the only thing that has been helping and that is so dangerous if I were to get pregnant. :angry:
Me: 42, two boys ages 12 & 5
DH: 43, no children of his own
Married in May, 2012
TTC one of our own
IVF in November 2013
Egg Retrieval 11/19/13
ET 11/22/13 (4 embryos)
Beta 12/3/13: 92.4 BFP!
Beta 12/5/13: 174
Beta 12/12/13: 1418

Jessica Lynn ~ Born Sleeping ~ 04/05/2014
BeccaB40
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tammylynn1230 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:38 pm

Beta is in and it's 772. Now I know I was hoping for 800 or higher but the Dr didn't even blink, she said that number is just fine and no more betas for me and she scheduled me for an ultrasound for Monday April 13th which will put me at 5w6d! So if the doctor is not worried then I am not going to worry. My prog keep going up to it is now up to 30 and I have not increased my dosage so that is also a great sign! Now i have to wait a week for ultrasound!! Also according to beta base my doubling time from Thurs is 47.6 with an average doubling time since first beta of 45 hrs so all with in great normal average limits. So again, today I am thankful to be average!!
Me 42 :love: DH 42 (no kids of own)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

TTC since Jan 2013 /TR 12/2012
03/11/13 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

Sept 2014 IVF with frozen donor eggs!
Sept 26: BFN

Jan 12, 2015 IVF with Frozen Donor eggs!
Jan 22 BFP....Jan 30 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

March 23: FET!! Please Lord grant me this miracle...
We transferred two 5 day BB hatching embies!
March 28, 2015 BFP! Thank you Lord!
Due Date: Dec 08, 2015

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby beelady » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:04 am

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!! That's brilliant Tammylynn! I can't wait to hear about your U/S. Yes, sometimes it is good to be average! I am so happy for you and your DH.

Becca it was me that mentioned UTI's. I have suffered from them since I was a baby, but they have been getting worse. My GP reckons it is because I am approaching menopause (oh yay!) and lower levels of estrogen are allowing the bugs to develop. To begin with my GP gave me trimethoprim, and antibiotic to be taken after BD, but I was still getting UTI's and I read that it works by stopping the bacteria getting the folic acid they need to develop, so I didn't think that was a good idea when ttc. The whole of my last cycle I was put on a different antibiotic called nitrofurantoin (I already had a UTI at the start of it) to try and get rid of the problem, and now I am supposed to take the same antibiotic after BD. I do not like taking antibiotics, and worry about their side-effects and possible resistance issues, but I really hate getting a UTI because I feel so ill with it. The other things I do to try and avoid getting a UTI are having a wee after BD (I put in a softcup first to keep the swimmers in), drinking plenty of fluid, and taking cranberry tablets. I read the other day that cranberry can cause mc and should not be taken after O , so I will have to have a re-think because I have been taking them every day. My GP told me that a chap at the local hospital is doing research on women like me and that he has been working on a solution that does not involve antibiotics and that she can refer me, but I bet that it involves messing around with hormones which is not going to help me ttc. I will try to ttc a bit longer and then go and see this man when I have given up on having another baby. My MIL used to suffer really badly from UTI's and she used to drink water with cider vinegar in it to treat the problem. The other thing to watch out for is bubble bath/scented products and tight clothing in your nether regions. Sorry I can't be more help, you just need to find something that works for you I'm afraid, but let me know what you have tried.
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TriHippie » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:33 pm

Suzy...DPO12 was yesterday and (-) on FRER. To me that is a sign that perhaps I had no implantation. Cramps were nasty yesterday and today, for the first time in 12 days, I feel great, no nausea/exhaustion/cramps. So I am guessing Chem Preg 2...? PD due in 1 or 2 days. Trying not to obsess about it,or take any more tests, it will be what it will be :). Meanwhile I enjoy seeing everyone else's progress on this board and it's great...!
TriHippie
Friend

Postby suzy4you » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:57 pm

TriHip - Oh, darn it!! UHG! I was pulling hard for you, but think you are right, sounds like a chemical or no ovulation...I like your spirit though, so positive!! I am due tomorrow and am just trying hard to not think about it and maybe just MAYBE it could happen :)

TAMMY!!! Great Beta chica, can't wait for your ultrasound next week!!

Becca - I suffer with the UTI's too now and just like you had nothing from my early 20's when I used to wear nylons, LOL, that sounded SO OLD!! They started for me about a year ago and I find if I drink water, almost more than I can stand every single day that keeps them away. If I start to get one I immediately drink 8 ounces of water with a teaspoon of baking soda for the pain, keep pounding water and add as many glasses of sea salt water that I can stand on top of it. Been working and preventing the dreaded antibiotics!! Caffeine is also supposed to be a UTI culprit too. I heard what Bee said about the apple cider vinegar for helping to cure them but I am deathly allergic to apples so that one is out for me.

Hope everyone is having a good week, baseball started and being a complete nutcase of a San Fran Giants fan I am in heaven. Been raining here so it's nice to make good comfort food, put on the game and relax in the evening!! Love to all!!!
suzy4you
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TriHippie » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:28 pm

Suzy, as I am new to the forum I only caught a glimpse of everyone's story so far...
Did you mean your AF is due tomorrow?? Are you currently TTC ivf? Details plse:)
TriHippie
Friend

Postby suzy4you » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:09 pm

TriHip - Nope, we can't afford IVF at the present, we are saving our money to hopefully go to Cancun next fall and give it a try, but for now we are au naturel :) And, yes, AF is due today, no sign of her now, but I have all my classic symptoms so I can't REALLY get too excited ;) I am just thankful that my cycle went back to it's normal time frame, two months ago I had a barely there and then the next one was only like 16 days later, I flipped thinking here we go menopause! Luckily this time it seemed to work it's way out, at 27 days today, normal for me USED to be 24 like clockwork, but then it increased to around 26-27. After AF starts this time I will start temping again just to make sure I am ovulating, the sticks are great, but you only show that your LH is high, not that the egg dropped. For now I am just trying to stay busy and not think about it :)
suzy4you
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FurbabyMomma » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:57 am

Hi Ladies! Just checking in to see how everyone was doing.

AFM, AF showed and I am currently on CD5. I was not at all surprised as I have barely made a dent in losing weight and have been very stressed this month about other things. I am going to take this month off from using the CBFM and OPKs and concentrate on exercising to jump start my weight loss.

That being said, I plan on still being on here everyday to keep in touch with everyone's journey.
Once a stalker, always a stalker. :rofl:

:babydustb: :babydustg: :sticky:
Me (Vee): 44
DH: 35
NTNP since June 2013
Actively TTC #1 since October 2014

Two Furbabies: Peppa (Pitbull) and Gidget (Kitty)

FurbabyMomma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TriHippie » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:18 pm

Suzy- glad your cycles are becoming more regular, that's a good sign, and it will help!
Furbaby- hardest thing to lose weight...don't give up, bc as you already know it makes positive impact on hormones and overall fertility. Stress...well, no one is spared haha.
At this end, chem preg 2. Ready for another round this month:)). Consulted Chinese doc for acupuncture and acupressure yesterday. I also have a naturopath appr first wk of May, she is supposed to be the best in the area when it come to fertility. Got baseline bloodwork done yesterday. Taking it easy for the next 2-3 mo, de stressing and enjoying life. Que sera, sera.
TriHippie
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s