TTC in your 40's Thoughts, sharing, & support All Welcome

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC in your 40's Thoughts, sharing, & support All Welcom

Postby tammylynn1230 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:05 pm

Just to let you guys know that they moved my ultrasound to Weds morning, ughhhh. They wanted me to be over 6 weeks so I will be 6 weeks and 1 day on Weds! Good lord, it's like the tww all over again!
Me 42 :love: DH 42 (no kids of own)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

TTC since Jan 2013 /TR 12/2012
03/11/13 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

Sept 2014 IVF with frozen donor eggs!
Sept 26: BFN

Jan 12, 2015 IVF with Frozen Donor eggs!
Jan 22 BFP....Jan 30 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

March 23: FET!! Please Lord grant me this miracle...
We transferred two 5 day BB hatching embies!
March 28, 2015 BFP! Thank you Lord!
Due Date: Dec 08, 2015

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby beelady » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:06 am

Tammylynn, sorry that your u/s has been moved but it should mean that you have a better chance of seeing your bean(s), I know that if they can't see anything in the uk you have to go back a week later, and that is even more stressful. Try to relax and enjoy the weekend.
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hope2015 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:07 pm

Hey

Been checking my ovulation with sticks, should be coming up in a few days!

Hope youve all been well.!!

Our internet has been playing up and couldnt post on this site... have been reading when I can though. Tammy hope youre well and keeping Aok before your US.

Spreading :babydustb:
Hope2015

Postby Pinkpuma » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:10 am

Tammy: I just had an ultrasound (Fri 10th) due to spotting and had to wait a week, it is stressful. I was 6 weeks +
4 but measured at 6 + 3 (which they said is irrelevant) They could only see an empty sac at first so had to empty my bladder and have an internal scan (longest loo trip ever *scary*) Thank God they found the baby tucked up in the corner with a heart flickering away. I'm spotting again but not worried as this seems normal for me. I spotted and bled throughout my last pregnancy and DS was fine. Try and keep busy so you don't overthink stuff and let us know how you get on. Sending prayers that little one is all good :-)
Pinkpuma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pinkpuma » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:17 am

Hope: Ov sticks are great, you know you're giving yourself the best possible chance. Really hope this is your month :-)
Pinkpuma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby beelady » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:46 am

Pinkpuma, I'm glad everything is ok with your little bean, all that spotting must be very stressful.

Tammylynn, we will be waiting to hear about your u/s tomorrow, good luck with it, I'm sure you will be fine but it will be interesting to find out if you have one or two babies in there!

I feel really down about ttc at the moment, in the middle of my cycle I felt really happy and positive, but the closer I get to af the more convinced I am that I have not conceived. Has anyone else felt really bad pmt and then got a bfp? I feel very emotional and out of control. It prob sounds really silly but I worry that being a professional beekeeper is not going to help me get pregnant because I spend most days wearing a bee suit getting hot, sweaty and dehydrated. I don't think the physical nature of the work is much of an issue other than the dehydration. After months of cold weather Spring has arrived with a bang so I'm now really busy and will be until the winter, and with my advanced maternal age my chances are rapidly diminishing, so I am worried that I can't afford to miss an opportunity to conceive, but that my work will scupper my chances. Like everyone else I need to work and the honey is our main source of income. Maybe I am just over-thinking everything but I do feel very stressy!

Sorry about the whinging, I hope everyone else is well and I wish you all luck and babydust!
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby suzy4you » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:31 pm

Tammy - So excited to hear about your US tomorrow!! Post a pic as soon as you can :)

Hope - Good luck sweets, hoping this is it for you!!

Beelady - Sorry honey you are having a down time. I admit I get them too, especially because my body is like clockwork when it gets close to AF, I never even get a second to think I am preggers. Are you worrying about the physicality of your job affecting conception? It seems as long as you are drinking plenty of water and eating healthy you should be fine. You are getting some great exercise I am sure, I think it's much worse to sit at a desk job all day. I wish everyday I had a more physical job, but of course we always think the grass is greener too!! Feel free to vent here all you want, we all are here for each other!

ASM, of course AF arrived exactly when I thought she would on Saturday. My only solace was that my cycle was 30 days instead of 24, going to start tracking my temp this month just to mix it up. All the positives on the baby center are making me hopeful for donor IVF, just wish we could start sooner. Sending lots of baby dust to everyone!!!
suzy4you
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pinkpuma » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:18 am

Thanks Beelady. Sorry to hear you're feeling down, it's understandable when you can hear your biological clock ticking away. I've not heard that being hot/dehydrated affects fertility in women... only men's sperm quality. Although when I miscarried it was a ridiculously hot and sticky spell of weather. Everyone said 'what about all those healthy babies born in scorching hot countries' but I think when something goes wrong you can't help but look for a reason... in your case why you're not conceiving. Is there anything you can do to keep cool, like wet your hair or wet clothes on under your suit? A friend in the Bahamas does these things to prevent heatstroke whilst working. Hope you get your dream come true very soon.
Pinkpuma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FurbabyMomma » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:02 am

Hi Tammy. Good luck with your US today. Waiting anxiously to hear all the good news about your little bean(s).

Hi Pinkpuma. So happy that things are going well with your little bean. Looking forward to many, many updates. I am living vicariously right now through you and Tammy. :D

Hi Beelady. I am sorry you are feeling down but don't give up. I go through those same emotions during the TWW. Just this past cycle I was positive something was happening because I got all these symptoms but as is her nature the :af: showed up and ruined it. But we just keep on going until we finally see our BFP. As for the dehydration issue, maybe you can take several breaks throught the work schedule to cool down and drink lots of water and juices. I am confident that we will have our BFPs too.

Hi TriHippie. So sorry to hear about your CP. FXd that you get your BFP this cycle. :goodluck1:

Hi Suzy. Sorry to hear the :af: showed up for you too. I have wanted to try temping but I wake up alot during the night so I don't think it would work for me. Good luck and here's hoping we all get our BFPs soon.
Me (Vee): 44
DH: 35
NTNP since June 2013
Actively TTC #1 since October 2014

Two Furbabies: Peppa (Pitbull) and Gidget (Kitty)

FurbabyMomma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tammylynn1230 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:21 pm

had my ultrasound....Just one baby with a heartbeat, my uterus was tipped back and baby is tucked in at the top in the shadows so getting a good pic was difficult. but baby's heart rate was good at 100. So I go back on Thursday for another ultrasound when I'll be 7 weeks 2 days! The little white smudge is our little baby!

10314640_10203982959245904_4473424531288188396_n.jpg
10314640_10203982959245904_4473424531288188396_n.jpg (99.78 KiB) Viewed 842 times
Me 42 :love: DH 42 (no kids of own)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

TTC since Jan 2013 /TR 12/2012
03/11/13 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

Sept 2014 IVF with frozen donor eggs!
Sept 26: BFN

Jan 12, 2015 IVF with Frozen Donor eggs!
Jan 22 BFP....Jan 30 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

March 23: FET!! Please Lord grant me this miracle...
We transferred two 5 day BB hatching embies!
March 28, 2015 BFP! Thank you Lord!
Due Date: Dec 08, 2015

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ksp12 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:55 pm

Great news, Tammy! Congratulations!!!
ksp12
Friend

Postby suzy4you » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:08 pm

Beautiful Tammy!! Woohooo, you did it!!!!!! Enjoy all of it :)
suzy4you
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Hope2015 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:51 pm

Hi ladies,

Pinkpuma some women spot during pregnancy, and can have perfect babies. Hope you are doing well.

Beelady im sorry your not feeling too good at the moment. We are only human and I feel 'from experience' that we can put so much pressure on ourselves and because we are women we want to do everything. Work, home, life, love

Im letting everything go now because Ttc can be really hard for some of us here.

Tammy im really happy that your saw your little flutter at your US.
:D

Hope everyone else is well
Hope2015

Postby SAJEE » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:48 am

Congrats Tammy, you give me so much of hope to continue my journey.
I hope your next U/S is also good news and you be released to your OB...
Enjoy a happy and healthy 9 months.... mwaaah
THANK YOU LORD FOR GRANTING ME THIS MIRACLE :praying:
ME - 42, DOR
DH - 40 - DD 18/07/2010
# IVF 1 - Dec 14 changed to IUI, BFN
# IVF 2 - Feb 15, no response, cycle cxd
Using DE for next cycle
28/04 - myomectomy to remove fibroids
22/05 - Start BCP for FET Cycle in June
30/06 - ET, tsf 2 expanding blasts
07/07 - :bfp:
10/07 - 1st Beta 754
14/07 - 2nd Beta 3004 :)
31/07 - 1st U/S Confirmed twins
14/08 - 2nd U/S
SAJEE
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby FurbabyMomma » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:17 am

Congratulations Tammy! Your little bean is BEAUTIFUL! So looking forward to seeing all your progression over the coming months. You and Pinkpuma give me the inspiration needed to keep TTC. Can't wait to see the baby bump pics.
Me (Vee): 44
DH: 35
NTNP since June 2013
Actively TTC #1 since October 2014

Two Furbabies: Peppa (Pitbull) and Gidget (Kitty)

FurbabyMomma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s