TTC in your 40's Thoughts, sharing, & support All Welcome

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC in your 40's Thoughts, sharing, & support All Welcom

Postby Pinkpuma » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:32 am

Thanks Furbaby :-) Great spirit to just keep going as you never know which month is going to be 'it' .

Tammy: Glad scan went well. Yours is exactly the same as mine (done at 6 + 4 but measured at 6 + 3) tucked up in the corner and hard to find but with a heartbeat flickering away. Wasn't told how many bpm though. Once there's a heartbeat it's a very positive sign... congratulations :-)
Pinkpuma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pinkpuma » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:35 am

Hope: Yes it's more common than I thought. It's probably coz I didn't have one spot of anything with my girls, then had a mc which started with spotting.... so when I spotted with my son I thought the worst. This time I'm not as worried but I won't relax until 12 weeks. Hope you're okay :-)
Pinkpuma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby beelady » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:41 am

Congratulations on your US Tammy !

Pinkpuma, I hope that spotting settles down.

I am back on CD2 I feel really fed up about it but not surprised. I really thought I had a chance because I had a bit of pink mucous at ov and again at 9dpo. The only good thing about this is that my back is killing me and I can now take some heavy duty pain meds because I know I am not pregnant. I am really busy with the bees at the moment but I have decided that I have to find time to exercise and I am going to diet and see if losing some weight will help me conceive.

I hope everyone else is well.
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby FurbabyMomma » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:44 pm

How is everyone doing? Quiet weekend on my end. Got in some good excercising which I am feeling today. :lol3:

Hope everyone is doing well. :babydustb: :sticky: :babydustg:
Me (Vee): 44
DH: 35
NTNP since June 2013
Actively TTC #1 since October 2014

Two Furbabies: Peppa (Pitbull) and Gidget (Kitty)

FurbabyMomma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mom2bat43 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Well here we are on round 2 (3 really but due to polyp, no actual IUI in January); 11 day u/s scheduled for 4/25 and will most likely do IUI on 4/27. We had 4 nice big follicles last month but alas, BFN...Fingers x'd for April.

I'd love to hear from anyone in a similar situation that has successfully conceived or can give us some hope/direction. We really have no idea what to expect or know anyone at all that's started down this road past 40.

Letrozole 12.5 mg. days 3-7
Ovidrel trigger 250 mcg

Me/DH
43/45
TTC for 3 months
mom2bat43
Friend

Postby Hope2015 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:11 am

Hey there,
Absolutely crazy weather here in Oz. No power in our place, but alas internet still works.

Beelady I hope your back pain eases... keep your head held up high and things will get better. :)
Pinkpuma has the spotting eased? Hope so
Furbaby :)

Ive lost count of my O this month, I was on Day22 the other day and no signs.. still no O. No more sticks left in the box and i went though about 7.

A friend recommended i try a new place and I have an appointment tomw. Its acupuncture for healing and fertility. Im looking forward to going. I must of been in a state and needed :help: for her to push me to go. It helped her when she was desperate to conceive...

keep well all
Hope2015

Postby beelady » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:14 am

Hi there Hope, thanks for your support. I am hobbling with my back because I have overdone things with the bees. We have had really good weather so I have been getting the colonies into clean equipment, the blackthorn is in flower so the bees are really busy but there is a load of bad weather coming on friday so I am trying to fit too much into the time I have.

I am not going to take maca anymore, it has shortened my cycle and I swear it has caused me to gain weight (something I could really have done without). I think the maca has affected my lh surges because the fertility monitor has not been catching them, and although it has changed my cycles to 28 days my other pregnancies have been conceived with my longer cycles and the monitor had no trouble picking up the lh surge. I will still be taking the other supplements and ubiquinol.

I really had hoped that I was pregnant especially as a friend is coming to stay in July with his new wife and baby. He is one of my oldest and closest friends and now lives in Vietnam and his new wife is only 27, and of course their new baby only took a couple of months of ttc. I am really looking forward to seeing him but I am worried that I WILL FEEL VERY OLD next to his young wife, and I expect I will get to cuddle the baby but I really want to be pregnant with my own baby.

I have never used acupuncture to ttc but I have used it for migraines etc and I found it to be really helpful. The acupuncturist I see is a fair distance from here and since we are so busy I might try reflexology again because I can get that done locally. Let me know how the acupuncture goes, I suspect it is probably more helpful than reflex, even though the reflex does feel very relaxing.

I hope everyone else is well.
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tammylynn1230 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:06 am

Just checking in, I feel queasy like 24-7 but haven't gotten physically sick so that's good! All is going well and had an ultrasound today and baby measured perfect for 7 weeks 2 days and had a HB of 140! We are sooo very excited! Not the best pic as baby is still tucked away in a corner but I'll take what I can get!

Hang in there girls, it will happen!

z3FSMZRwVAWAiiq17owXYRSMpeT5LAZD_lg.jpg
z3FSMZRwVAWAiiq17owXYRSMpeT5LAZD_lg.jpg (60.62 KiB) Viewed 1560 times
Me 42 :love: DH 42 (no kids of own)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

TTC since Jan 2013 /TR 12/2012
03/11/13 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

Sept 2014 IVF with frozen donor eggs!
Sept 26: BFN

Jan 12, 2015 IVF with Frozen Donor eggs!
Jan 22 BFP....Jan 30 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

March 23: FET!! Please Lord grant me this miracle...
We transferred two 5 day BB hatching embies!
March 28, 2015 BFP! Thank you Lord!
Due Date: Dec 08, 2015

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby beelady » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:42 am

Congratulations again Tammylynn!! What happens next? In the UK we would have a booking in visit with a community midwife at 6-8 weeks and then a nuchal scan and blood tests at 12-13 weeks.

I had really bad morning sickness with my girls and had to keep a plastic container with dry biscuits in it next to the bed. The other thing to try is sucking crystallised ginger. If you do start throwing up, try not to get dehydrated.

So happy for you Mama, take it easy.
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby FurbabyMomma » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:40 am

Tammy, beautiful pic of your little bean! So happy to hear you are doing well...except for the bit of nauseau. It is all worth it for that beautiful baby. :sticky:

Beelady, sorry to hear that your back is aching from work. Also, I know how it feels to be around other people's newborns no matter how much you love the person. My 20 year old niece had b/g twins in February. I love her and the babies to pieces but it is hard for me to go see them and not feel a twinge of jealousy. I pray to be able to have b/g twins. But it will be our turn soon. Just wait and see.
:babydustb: :babydustg:
Me (Vee): 44
DH: 35
NTNP since June 2013
Actively TTC #1 since October 2014

Two Furbabies: Peppa (Pitbull) and Gidget (Kitty)

FurbabyMomma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Sun May 10, 2015 7:02 pm

Happy Mother's Day indeed! BFP today for me at 10DPO! Still can't believe it but it's happening. Now the hard part...not miscarrying. I have a history of miscarriage but hopefully thanks to the Traditional Chinese Medicine that I've been doing since January it will be a happy first trimester. :D
My son was born in Feb 2014
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby beelady » Mon May 11, 2015 1:19 am

Congratulations baruderu! I will keep my fingers crossed that the tcm does the trick, good luck.

Pinkpuma, are you ok, did the spotting settle down?

Tammylynn, any news? are you still feeling sick?

I am back in the tww, af is due next Sunday so I am going to try to not poas until then, lets see if I can hold out that long!

I hope everyone else is well, and fx for some more bfp's!
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hope2015 » Mon May 11, 2015 6:39 am

Hey there,
Congrats Baruderu! I think I saw a post by you about Chinese Medicine and how it helped you with your previous pregnancy.
Im currently on Chinese herbs as well and doing acupuncture once / week.

ttc #1
Hope2015

Postby baruderu » Mon May 11, 2015 9:41 am

Yes Hope, that was me! :-) I can't believe how much the TCM helped me. I had a very smooth pregnancy, and my IPS (integrated prenatal screening to test for likelihood of genetic abnormaliies) results were those of a 14 year old girl :D
My son was born in Feb 2014
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pinkpuma » Tue May 12, 2015 5:46 am

Baru: Congratulations.... really hope this one is a sticker. Remember every pregnancy is different and most women who have mc's go on to have healthy babies. Really pleased for you :)

Beelady: I'm good thank you, just over 11 weeks now and hear the heartbeat daily on my Doppler so I know all is okay at the moment. The spotting stopped and the sickness started but I guess that's a good sign. Hope your tww goes quick and you don't obsess on poas like we all do at some point! Really hoping you get your BFP this month.... keep us posted!
Pinkpuma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s