Hsg October 2014 - blocked tube. Straight to ivf
Ivf #1 - feb 2015 - bfn
Ivf #2 -may 2015 -
5/7 - 10 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized
5/12 - et. 5 day transfer - 1 blastocyst and 2 morulas - bfn
7/2 - surgery to remove/repair tubes - tubes cauterized
Ivf #3 - sept 2015
9/10 - 13 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized
9/15 - et 5 day transfer 3 blastocysts....
9/24 beta 152 9dp5dt
9/28 2nd beta 248 13 dp5dt
9/30 beta #3 468 15dp5dt
10/3 beta #4 1672 18dp5dt
10/9 u/s 1 baby
10/19 u/s 1 baby with heartbeat of 140. Due June 3, 2016.
Sunshinetex
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: TTC in your 40's Thoughts, sharing, & support All Welcom

Postby tammylynn1230 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:09 pm

Congrats Sunshine!! I am wishing for you to have a happy and healthy pregnancy!!

I am doing great! My pregnancy has been very uneventful and OB has been very pleased, says I am healthier then some of his 20 y/o that he treats! We have passed every milestone with flying colors!

I am 30 weeks today and our baby girl is very health and measuring big in the 90 percentile. I will start twice weekly monitoring ( Non Stress Tests) twice a week beginning on Oct 15 until I deliver to insure she is doing good.

If all goes well we will be delivering via C-Section the first week of December.

Her name is going to be Emily May :)

Here is her 3D ultrasound from yesterday

Emily May 30 weeks.jpg
Emily May 30 weeks.jpg (16.84 KiB) Viewed 2025 times

She looks like her Daddy

daddy and emily baby pic.jpg
daddy and emily baby pic.jpg (19.62 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
Me 42 :love: DH 42 (no kids of own)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

TTC since Jan 2013 /TR 12/2012
03/11/13 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

Sept 2014 IVF with frozen donor eggs!
Sept 26: BFN

Jan 12, 2015 IVF with Frozen Donor eggs!
Jan 22 BFP....Jan 30 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

March 23: FET!! Please Lord grant me this miracle...
We transferred two 5 day BB hatching embies!
March 28, 2015 BFP! Thank you Lord!
Due Date: Dec 08, 2015

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sunshinetex » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:29 pm

Oh Tammylynn, she is already precious! And yes, she does look like her daddy! Can't wait to hear about the delivery.
Me - 41
BF - 39
TTC #1 - Sept 2012

Hsg October 2014 - blocked tube. Straight to ivf
Ivf #1 - feb 2015 - bfn
Ivf #2 -may 2015 -
5/7 - 10 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized
5/12 - et. 5 day transfer - 1 blastocyst and 2 morulas - bfn
7/2 - surgery to remove/repair tubes - tubes cauterized
Ivf #3 - sept 2015
9/10 - 13 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized
9/15 - et 5 day transfer 3 blastocysts....
9/24 beta 152 9dp5dt
9/28 2nd beta 248 13 dp5dt
9/30 beta #3 468 15dp5dt
10/3 beta #4 1672 18dp5dt
10/9 u/s 1 baby
10/19 u/s 1 baby with heartbeat of 140. Due June 3, 2016.
Sunshinetex
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby baruderu » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:10 pm

Hi all, I've been quietly in disbelief for 3 months now. I am 13 weeks pregnant at 42 with an unexpected but wonderful surprise after suffering my 4th miscarriage in May. No fertility treatments or meds. Just naturally conceived. I am still in shock. Genetic testing has begun and will continue to check that things are ok so I'm still a little scared but trying to enjoy every moment of this miracle.

All the best to you ladies - it can definitely happen to anyone!
Barbara
Attachments
cropped.jpg
cropped.jpg (98.4 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
My son was born in Feb 2014
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ShuggysMom » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Barbara-congratulations! Awesome news! Praying all goes well for the genetic testing. Please keep us posted! I am 41, now almost 6 months post-partum and thinking of trying for a third and final baby. I feel so blessed to have my two babies that I sometimes wonder if I am asking too much to have another healthy baby. You give me hope !

Best wishes!
ShuggysMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:58 am

Thanks very much ShuggysMom! It's very exciting :D
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Cali42 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi all, I've been lurking for a few days & thought I'd introduce myself. My oh & I have been together for 12 years & I just turned 42, he's 45. I have children from my first marriage, all conceived while actively trying *not* to get pregnant in my 20's. My oh does not have children & recently broke down telling me how much he wants to have a child of his own. I had no idea (nice communication, eh?)!

We have not used any bc for 2 years, but I didn't start actively ttc until September although I've been tracking my cycle for the last year & a half or so. I'm currently in the beginning of my 2ww...at least I think I am...opk gave me a peak on cd 9 & again on cd 15 (today is cd 18). So its a bit confusing to me. I don't temp but have noticed I don't get ewcm (used to get loads when I was younger), so I used preseed last 2x we BD, also been taking folic acid. Other than that all I've been doing is griping about oh's low sex drive lol.

Frankly, the prospect of not being able to get pg as well as starting over with a newborn freaks me out a little, but not enough to not try. :)
Thanks for providing a place for me to unload...don't really feel comfortable telling friends & family just yet.
Cali42
Friend

Postby baruderu » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:27 am

Welcome Cali! Lovely to hear your story, thanks for sharing it. :-) It must be quite exciting to be almost starting all over again in terms of having a new baby. I hope your TTC journey goes very smoothly. :D
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Cali42 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:55 pm

Cali42
Friend

Postby ShirlyWhirl » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:11 pm

Hello all! I just want to introduce myself. I've been a part of this board for a few days now and I've decided to come out from the bushes and say HELLO!!!!
My name is Shirley and I am a 40 year old mom to two boys ages 19, 12 and a girl age 15. My sweetie is 39 and we discovered we were having a little one in July of this year. We were quite surprised because at that time, I thought that I was going through the change (both my grandmother and mother went through the change around 35 and 40 so I thought the torch was thrown to me) and my youngest is aged over a decade with no other children after. I had really convinced myself that I couldn't have anymore children. But alas, after waking up one morning and tossing cookies that I hadn't eaten yet, I went to the dollar tree and invested in a single $1 test and it came back super positive. I oh so remember that joy/shock feeling! I had no warning as with my other pregnancies, my boobs were my red flags. I dont have boobies anymore because i had a double mastectomy with implant reconstruction so that was why i had went so long without knowing. Oh well. Anyway. I began bleeding at 11 weeks and called my ob/gyn and he had me come in right away. The US showed that our sweet baby had stopped developing at 8 weeks (exactly one week after I had discovered I was pregnant). We had the D&C and we were devestated (still hurting). So after we were cleared to try again in the middle of September, we joined the TTC community :) . I'm charting with OPK, BBT and CM consistancy. Knowing that I still have plenty of eggs left, we are are entering our second month and I am sitting in the chair that feels like iron needles sticking out of the seat at the Two Week Wait table.
So that's all I can think of for now! I'm excited to meet other 40somethings that are in the same boat!
Have a good day/evening!
ShirlyWhirl
Friend

Postby beelady » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:36 am

Tammylynn, is there any news? I know that you are getting close to your due date, and I hope that everything is going well.

We are not ttc at the moment because I am still taking painkillers for a bad back, but I start physiotherapy next week so I am hoping to try after Christmas.

I hope everyone else is fine, please give some updates if you have time.
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby FGW » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:59 am

Hi there,
I'm new to this group - I just started reaching out for support. I'm not sure if this is the right group to post to, so feel free to redirect me if it's not. I'm near the end of my 2WW and 41.5 yrs, so I guess I fit in regardless. :)

I'll try to make this brief - I was lucky enough to get pregnant by surprise on my first cycle off of BC back in April. I had a missed miscarriage at what I thought was 10.5 weeks (heart stopped around 8 weeks). I had a D&C the following week. My BF and I were devastated, and decided to try again after my first normal cycle. He's 40.5 yrs.

I feel a little crappy sharing some of this knowing that so many of you have been trying for months and even years - I'm on my 3rd cycle following my first normal period, which took 7 weeks after the D&C.

I truly knew zilch about the difficulties for women TTC over 40 . . . until I made the mistake of reading everything I could on the Internet in the last month. I also made the mistake of going to see one of the doctors at my OB's office who I thought would offer support - I have been having ovulation pain and breast soreness and huge emotional highs and lows - all of which I never experienced before I got pregnant. He literally said "if you're over 40, I won't waste your time or mine - go get IVF now before it's too late". I think I mostly blanked out for the next 10 mins (the max time he'd spend with me). Then spent the rest of yesterday and this morning crying. I am now officially scared out of my mind that I will never conceive again. I guess that's how scaremongering works - and why the number of women over 40 now exceeds the number of girls under 18 having terminations - they (we) don't think we can conceive, so many stop using BC.

All that to basically ask for any stories of encouragement, or any thoughts on the real data about women over 40 TTC - I did read a couple of encouraging articles that I'll post when I track them down again . . . one data point was that the average age of a woman having her last child in the 20's was 42. The other was that women over 40 TTC naturally have not been studied - at all. All data on 40+ is from IVF results - which appear pretty dismal.

So - a few questions - how long do you think I should wait before asking for fertility help? Would I likely have more luck just continuing to try naturally? Any words of encouragement on the possibility of conceiving naturally again (I was told that every 6 mths that goes by after 40 is a significant decline in fertility) - is that true? Anything you can share to get me out of this mental rut would be helpful.

And push me off to another forum if I'm in the wrong place. :)
Peace & Love to all of you.
FGW
Friend

Postby my3kiz » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:56 am

I'm starting to doubt myself. I ovulate on my own But have low egg reserve cause of age. DH had low everything not zero but they said IUI was our best chance. So started Femara. Ovulated on right side but that tube is a slow leaker so skipped YOu and just did TI. Nada. Went to Femara and Injectable Follitism. Trying to motivate left side to lead. Nope. Today the right again was way ahead. Doctor wanted me to save my meds and watch it but I said no.they are already open so let's do,it. Now I'm wondering if I should skip the IUI again. Insurance only helps with 4. Has anyone had these sorta issues and still conceived? I'm soooooo discouraged. I have 3 kids from previous marriage he has none. Last two I had the same blocked right tube issue but was able to get it open enough the dye went thru. I am beginning to think maybe it's just not for me this time.
my3kiz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kanicky73 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:38 am

Hi everyone!! Hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving. I am new to this site so if this is in the wrong spot I apologize :-). Ok so I am 43, I will be 44 in March. My husband and I have 3 children. Our youngest is 6. When she was a year old we tried to have one more and were not successful. We tried Clomid, shots to the stomach,2 IUI's and nothing worked. So we just kind of gave up. I had multiple tests done that all said my egg reserve was pretty much depleted and our only hope was to use donor eggs. We considered ourselves blessed and moved on. So for the past 5 years we have used nothing in the way of birth control. About a year ago I started having irregular periods and was told by my obgyn that I was in perimenopause.......at 42.....crazy I know but that's what she said. The irregular periods got so annoying because I would get a period, it would last for 6 days and 9 days later I would get it again. This went on every other month for about 6 months. I did some research and long story short I started taking some supplements that are supposed to help balance a woman's hormones. So for the last 3 months my periods have been a nice 28 to 29 days long. Perfect right?? Here's were it gets odd. I got my period on October 17th. It lasted for the normal 6 days and all was good. I was due for my next one on November 12th. She never showed. I took numerous pregnancy tests and all were negative. I felt pregnant!! My breasts were so sore and I NEVER have sore breasts even during my period! The day after my period was due I felt like I ovulated. Which was odd and I have not felt that in a very, very long time. It was intense. So as of today I am 16 days late. Last Friday which would have been 12 days after I felt the O pain I had pink discharge that lasted a few hours and ended in brownish type discharge. I had some cramping and really thought the witch was about to rear her ugly head but nothing. By Saturday the pinkish was gone and now I'm back to nothing at all. No cramping, no pink discharge no nothing! Now I will say with my 3 children I NEVER experienced implantation bleeding. Or I had it and never recognized it. I am slightly freaking out because is it even possible after all the tests that said no way Jose' that I could actually be pregnant?? This is all so confusing and I have no idea what my body is doing! I know ya'll are gonna say go get a test but I have spent so much money on those darn things I just ordered some internet cheapies today and will do one when I get them. I am looking for any others who have had same experience etc. Thanks ladies!
kanicky73
Friend

Postby crowsfoot » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:38 am

Hi Kanicky - I don't have any first hand experiences like yours, but didn't want to read without replying. It sounds like you could have conceived after a really long cycle, or maybe are just skipping a month. Hard to guess until you can test. Any chance there is a dollar store near you? If you didn't conceive this time, temping might help you figure out what is going on with the uneven cycles. Please do update and best luck!
crowsfoot

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s