In the 2WW... trying to be hopeful

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

In the 2WW... trying to be hopeful

Postby CynZim » Tue May 12, 2015 10:31 am

Sorry I've been away from the boards. Had to give myself a bit of a break. Here's my update. So last month (well end of March), we did a Femara cycle. Only 2.5 mg, and I didn't respond (one 9mm follicle that just didn't go anywhere). So, when I got my period on the 28th, we went forward with Femara at 5mg. Well, I had my scan last night and there was one beautiful 20mm X 23mm follicle ready to go and I had a triple lining measuring 13mm! So after waiting for instruction from my Gyn, one of the nurse's gave me the HCG shot and hubby and I went to town last night (and will tonight, too!). I tested late last night and this morning and got positive OPKs--like really positive! I've not had such a positive in a long time. I can feel that I am ovulating today; lots of sharp pains in the left ovary (which is where the beautiful follie is!). I'm trying to be hopeful, but this is going to be a LONG two weeks!! I am so glad that the 5mg worked and hope one of these cycles we do over the summer will take. I've pretty much decided that if nothing happens by the end of the summer, I'm gonna close the door on ttc. Here's to hoping I don't have to make that decision!
CynZim

Re: In the 2WW... trying to be hopeful

Postby Janovich » Wed May 13, 2015 7:45 am

Fingers crossed for you and hope these next 2 weeks flys by!! :wink:
Janovich x
Me: 46
OH: 44
Chemical - January 2013
TTC since Feb 2012, naturally
Temping and watching CM changes when I can!
My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Janovich
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby CynZim » Thu May 14, 2015 8:05 am

Thanks, Janovich!
I'm afraid I'm going to lose my mind with the waiting. Most of the time, I've got myself convinced that I'm really not that concerned about the whole ttc thing, but then there are days like Monday/Tuesday. I was so happy on Monday to see that my body was actually doing what it is supposed to, and when I could 'feel' ovulation, even though it was uncomfortable, again I was happy. I try not to let myself get to feeling that way, because then it's less of a letdown if that makes sense, but I couldn't help it. My girlfriend even commented how much more 'chipper' I was. I'm thinking if I can hold off to test until the 26th; that'll be 13dpo, though I should probably wait another day or two, just because I'd hate to see a negative! Arrrgghhh, decisions! decisions!
CynZim

Postby CynZim » Wed May 27, 2015 6:27 am

Well, this cycle was a negative. AF arrived today. :cry:
So, it's on to another try. I made the appointment today for my day 14 ultrasound and hoping for the best!
I will have to take a half sick day on the second last day of school, but oh, well! Can't wait for summer to be here, so I can get a break from the craziness of education!!
Hope everyone is well!
CynZim

Postby beelady » Thu May 28, 2015 2:15 am

I'm sorry that it was negative, and wish you luck for your next cycle.
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC in our 40s