About to give up

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

About to give up

Postby rnangelica » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi Ladies, I am new here. This is my story. I'm 43 yrs old and ttc baby number 2. I got a late start in life, married at 37 yrs old, baby number one 1 month shy of my 40th birthday . My son was conceived after 8 months of trying naturally, he's 3 now. I have been ttc number 2 for 3 yrs now. I did IUI 2 yrs ago and had a horrible mc at 14 wks. I started with heavy cramping then heavy bleeding that wouldn't stop, instead of peeing urine I was just peeing blood. So my husband called 911. They did an U/S and said there was nothing in my uterus. My bleeding did slow down. After 12 hrs in the ER , I went home. As I was ready to throw my underwear in the wash that were covered in blood , I found my baby in my underwear. She or he must of come out immediately before I started bleeding and I just put my underwear in a pile on my floor. It was the worst moment of my life, when I saw my little one . Then 1 week later, I started bleeding again profusely . Called 911 again , due to blood loss I had a convulsion in my bedroom with the paramedics in attendance. Off to the ER again for 12 hrs, I had lost 1/2 of my blood volume within a week . So, got 2 units of blood before my d&c. The ER OBGYN pulled out my retained placenta and bleeding lessened. It was a horrible experience and to top it all off my mc happened on Mother's Day. Well, we have been ttc for 2 years now. My husband is 42 . I have been doing acupuncture for 14 months now. We have been trying naturally, I have taken coq10, fertile aid, cod liver oil, mucinex, preseed and probably more supplements than I can remember . This is going to be my last month of trying. I am in my ttw , now. I feel a deep yearning in me to have another one, especially a girl, I know I have no control over that part. I am afraid there will always be a void in my heart if I do not conceive number 2. These past 3 yrs I have been so occupied with ttc, I'm afraid I will feel lost if it doesn't happen. I am so grateful for my son , and I thank God for him every day. I am wondering if there are any other ladies that have given up there dream of having a child, and how did you cope?
rnangelica

Re: About to give up

Postby mybaby26 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Omg I am so sorry no one should go true. Something like that
I just wanted to say dnt give up just yet I no its easy to say and hard to do but this ttc world is no joke, if you let it.it well take your hold life over
Am still tryingnfor number one, am I get really tried something , its really emotionally draining.
Butni cnt possibly give up my self wouldn't allow me too
So be strong and am wishing.you all the best hun

Am so sorry you had to go true what you did
Life is so unfair
Me 26 DH 27 Married for 2.5 years together for 7years :)
Never had a BFP /TTC since FOREVER :(
Apirl 17/2015-Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy ,Dye, D&C & Ovarian Drilling
Found Scar Tissue,some Blocking my Fallopian tube
Laser removal of the scar tissue & Ovarian Drilling /HGS-showed No blockage tube clear!!
AF May 11th/2015
Cycle#1 first try after Lap- Femara 5mg CD 3-7.
scan on CD13 follicle 12mm&11mm (2nd- Scan on CD16 22mm &14mm
-5/26- trigger shot Pregnyl -timed inter-course (Progesterone test June 2th/ 8.71
beta June9- 4.3 re-test- June12, 2nd beta cancelled AF June 11th BFN /
cycle#2 Femara 7.5 CD 3-7 /CD14 follicle 23mm triggerd -novarel 5000-lining 8.23 (BFN
AF on the 9th of July.
3rd try after Lap Clomid 100mg CD5-9 (+opk CD14 night
Starting IVF in ARPIL :D
mybaby26
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby rnangelica » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:39 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words . Good luck in trying for your little one, it is worth all the work .
rnangelica

Postby Allsmiles » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:05 am

Awww I just read your story and wanted to give you a hug. :hugs: Yes, I am on the verge of going into NTNP (not trying, not preventing) mode. I have had so many chemicals and my progesterone number sucked at 8dpo. In order for me to keep a pregnancy viable, I will have to go on progesterone supplementation if I get a BFP again. I'm on a weight loss break at the moment and I'm really not too sure if I want to continue TTC. It has been so nice to not think about having a baby for a while, rather than let it consume my life.
Mom to three. :angel: November '14. Suspected :angel: April '15.
His swimmers work, just need that R A I N B O W
Allsmiles
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 40s