I have a really silly question

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

I have a really silly question

Postby ShirlyWhirl » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:49 pm

Hi all! I feel really silly asking and I am feeling sooooo stupid asking but I can't seem to find anything on line for the answer!
I am 7dpo today. At 5dpo and 6dpo, I had severe cramps on the right side. It was so bad, that it felt like AF was right there breathing down my neck! I thought it was strange because at that time, my period wasn't due for another 12 days. Well, today, those cramps are gone. I mean I still have tings and tangs every now and then but no where near as bad. I still have 10 days left. My temp had gone down to 97.9 on 5dpo and went back up to 98.3 on 6dpo (the day the cramps were really bad). Today, my temp is still 98.3.
My question is, has anyone had these cramps for a couple of days and then they stop and still get a BFP?
I plan to POAS when I hit 12dpo that is if the witch doesn't catch me.
Any feedback?
ShirlyWhirl
Friend

Re: I have a really silly question

Postby beelady » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:56 am

Hi Shirly, I usually get pain like that after ovulation and after a lot of googling I decided that it was caused by the corpus luteum that remains following the egg release. I don't temp because I suffer from bad insomnia, but I think everything sounds promising. The last time I conceived I had peculiar symptoms -stuffy nose and swollen legs in the evening- that started roughly 6 days before AF. I just 'knew' I was pregnant because these changes were out of character, that said I tend to ignore sore boobs and cramps before AF because they are normal for me.
Unfortunately you will just have to wait until you test to find out if those cramps are implantation or because of the corpus luteum.
Good luck and baby dust!
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ShirlyWhirl » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:27 pm

Thank you verymuch Bee! I'm sure it is just the after effects of ovulation. At 8dpo, I have no cramping at all. It was just weird because that type of pain at that time of the 2ww has never happened to me before. However, I will still wait until Tuesday to test and see what happens. It's not going to hurt lol
ShirlyWhirl
Friend

Postby ShirlyWhirl » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:30 am

Well, today is AF day. I'm not even cramping and no signs of her whatsoever. :shock: I will keep everyone posted whether the witch shows or not today or tomorrow
ShirlyWhirl
Friend

Postby beelady » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Good Luck, hope you get your BFP!
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ShirlyWhirl » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:03 pm

Unfortunately the ol witch got me at exactly 1:41pm. Urrrghhhhhh
ShirlyWhirl
Friend

Postby ShirlyWhirl » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:20 pm

Guess what ladies! I got my BFP! Due date is 10/11/16 YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
ShirlyWhirl
Friend

Postby beelady » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:35 am

CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy, I'm so happy for you!
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ShirlyWhirl » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:24 pm

beelady wrote:Hi Shirly, I usually get pain like that after ovulation and after a lot of googling I decided that it was caused by the corpus luteum that remains following the egg release. I don't temp because I suffer from bad insomnia, but I think everything sounds promising. The last time I conceived I had peculiar symptoms -stuffy nose and swollen legs in the evening- that started roughly 6 days before AF. I just 'knew' I was pregnant because these changes were out of character, that said I tend to ignore sore boobs and cramps before AF because they are normal for me.
Unfortunately you will just have to wait until you test to find out if those cramps are implantation or because of the corpus luteum.
Good luck and baby dust!

Thank you, beelady!!!!!!
I just re-read this and here is something funny....what tipped me off to test was a stuffy nose at 7dpo! It was weird because all I had was a stuffy nose. I wasn't sick, no aches, no pains, no sore throat, wasn't worn down...just a stuffy nose. I wasn't even cranky like I usually get with PMS. So I tested on 8dpo and got a very faint bfp and on 12dpo, got a stronger bfp and today at 16dpo, got a severly strong bfp.
I'm so excited!
ShirlyWhirl
Friend

Postby beelady » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:47 am

Yes it is funny how our bodies work sometimes, when I described it to my GP I'm sure she thought I was barking mad but my midwife said it was caused by the extra progesterone. I have never got a bfp any earlier than 11dpo and then it looked more like a grey line than a pink one, so your early bfps sound great. What is your next step, over here we have to wait until approx 8 weeks for a booking in appointment with a midwife.
Congratulations again, enjoy your pregnancy!
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC in our 40s