Egg quantity question

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Egg quantity question

Postby Shadowstar » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:26 pm

Im 43 and weve been ttc the last 6 month albeit it not a much as we should be trying I feel. I was just thinking, and this is a question I'll ask my doctor but... we have a certain amount of eggs in our lifetime and some of us begin to slow down as we enter our mid years. There was a time when I was in my early 30s after a break up AF stopped for a full year - stress. Since these eggs were not released during that time I wonder if that means I still have those eggs and are releasing them now. Ha wishful thinking!

As of now AF is every 24 days like clockwork for 5 years, fsh 6.6 waiting for estrogen readings. Fingers crossed.
Shadowstar

Re: Egg quantity question

Postby beelady » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:31 am

Hi there, it would be interesting to find out the answer to that question as other things stop eggs being released such as the pill, pregnancy and breastfeeding.

If you are having periods regularly you should be ovulating. I had my son when I was 46, we started trying for him when I was 43 but I had a mmc at 11 weeks and that upset my cycles for ages. I hope your estrogen readings are fine. Good luck with ttc.
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC in our 40s