*** 2016 TTC in 40's Roll Call!

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: *** 2016 TTC in 40's Roll Call!

Postby Crumpet » Sat May 28, 2016 12:16 pm

Hi Scrpbookr -- I'm sorry that AF showed up. As you say though, its good to have resolution at least! Also, coffee and a cocktail make it easier to handle the disappointment. I have also given up coffee. I have one cup of tea each morning and then switch to water with lemon. Its good, but I miss having coffee a day or two each week (my norm) and a glass of wine with dinner a few days a week (also my norm). The coffee and wine reward when AF shows up will feel wonderful!

Its good that you're documenting your cycles so well. Do you have a good sense of past O dates? My OBGYN says that they are fairly standard, but I guess that's not true if your cycle changes each month. It sounds like you're well organized for this next cycle so you should get a better sense of things then. Are you planning any blood tests at any stage?

My cycle documentation has not been great until recently. I tend to get spotting 3-5 days before AF and sometimes I think its AF and have messed up my recording. I have been more diligent of late. I *think* am pretty steady at around 28 days. My O date is still a mystery. My OPKs are showing negatives (now completely blank instead of a faint line). I'm pretty sure I must have O'd on or before Monday this past week. My OBGYN told me to test until June 1 and then be in touch. I'll start doing OPKs early next month and probably BBTs also.

The news I got was not great but she did tell me that conception is still a mystery rather than a science -- there are plenty of people with great numbers at the 'ideal' age who have problems just as there are people with terrible numbers at an older age who do just fine. I'm worried but we're going to do what we can to move forward proactively. I'm going to see an acupuncturist next month, which is supposed to help. And I'll also have my next test then. My husband wants to prove them all wrong and get a BFP on our own. His positive attitude is helpful. We're still BD-ing on a daily basis just in case the OPK comes out positive. we'll probably switch to every other day or 'normal' soon though. Frankly, I think he's enjoying having to extend our fertile window due to the OPK issue :wink:

I hope you enjoy the weekend. Its hot but gorgeous out. I'm planning a bike ride today and cooking dinner with the DH. Tomorrow we're going to a friend's wedding -- they should have a great day for it!
Me: 39
DH: 34
TTC #1 since: May 2016
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby scrpbookr » Tue May 31, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi Crumpet - Just checking in quickly to see how your first 2WW is going.

I'm in a pretty non eventful week of my cycle.... not pregnant, not trying again yet, not waiting to find out.

I have continued to temp. It amazes me. When the cycle started over I dropped right down to 97 / 97.1 after being a 98.3ish the week before AF. I think it is interesting that the temperature fluctuation is predictable and then it does just what it is supposed to.

Looking back, the cycle I was successful with conceiving my son, I dropped below 97 on my ovulation day. This is reassuring to me. Even if you miss detecting with an OPK you might be able to detect it with temperature. So, even though your doctor wasn't sold on the idea because it might be burdensome I totally think it is worth it because I find the information comforting and telling. I'm a morning person though. Maybe that makes a difference, too. And I'm all about my spreadsheets, graphs, lists, etc.

Tomorrow is the official last day of school. I'm excited to head to the beach with my little guy for a handful of days. I'll be a little less connected electronically but keep me posted on your symptoms, etc.

Did you and your husband have a nice time at the wedding this past weekend?
scrpbookr

Postby Crumpet » Tue May 31, 2016 7:09 pm

scrpbookr wrote: Even if you miss detecting with an OPK you might be able to detect it with temperature. So, even though your doctor wasn't sold on the idea because it might be burdensome I totally think it is worth it because I find the information comforting and telling. I'm a morning person though. Maybe that makes a difference, too. And I'm all about my spreadsheets, graphs, lists, etc.

Thanks for thinking of me Scrpbookr! I am also a morning person and find graphs and data reassuring. I've been leaning towards temping and I think you've now sold me! It would be great to get a bit more insight into what's going on with my body.

As for my current TWW symptoms: I've had a few bouts of light nausea over the past few days and, on the weekend, a bit of light-headedness while working out. I have very low blood pressure AND it was hot, so its best not to make much out of that. The other symptoms have been a twinge in my right side. It lasts a few seconds and just feels like a pinch. I also seem to be gurgling a lot, strange as that sounds. Sometimes I get hopeful, but none of it is so definitive that I feel like I'm pregnant. I'm going to try to be strong and hold out until next Tuesday to do my first pregnancy test -- that's the day that AF is due. I'm not sure if I'll make it or not, but I hope I do. I don't want to start piling up negatives for no good reason!

The start of the cycle is odd isn't it? Its strange just waiting until the BD frenzy. This cycle was my first time through, but so far I found that phase to be the most frustrating. The TWW is more of a mind game, but feels more productive somehow.

Its great that you'll have more freedom soon and can play with your son at the beach! That sounds like such an idyllic summer! Someone on another thread was talking about savoring spending time with her first child since she hopes to be pregnant again soon. Its such a lovely thought. And TTC probably makes the first child even more special since it worked out!

Do you have any other family traditions in the summer that you're looking forward to? Its such a wonderful time of year!

I'll keep you posted on my symptoms and will let you know when I cave and do my first test. I hope I can make it until next week! Do let me know how things are going for you, especially as you head into your next fertile phase (so fun, so exhausting!).
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BlueDoes » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi Everyone!

Me: pushing 41
BF: Pushing 38
First month of actively TTC
on CD2
No treatments or issues that we are aware of as of now.
Using BBT Chart & OPK
BlueDoes
Friend

Postby Crumpet » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:29 pm

Welcome BlueDoes! Good luck with your first cycle TTC!

I had some spotting today, which is normal for me before AF. I suppose it could be implantation bleeding, but given that it isn't out of the ordinary for me (except a little early), I suspect that I did not conceive this month. Next month I hope to be better prepared.
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BlueDoes » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Thank you Crumpet! Did you miss O day? Why giving up on this cycle so soon?
BlueDoes
Friend

Postby Crumpet » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi BlueDoes -- I'm not sure when I ovulated (probably on CD13 or so) -- I judged based on CM since my OPK's arrived late and I wasn't BBT-ing. I'm now on CD23. I counted myself out when I saw spotting today. Its normal for me about 4-5 days before AF shows up. Its early for me now, but I figured that I was heading into my usual AF patterns and was done for this cycle. Fortunately I told my OBGYN about it and she told me that I could still be pregnant and to test if AF is late. Thank goodness! I was already pondering the possibility of a glass of wine tonight (its been ages!).

How are you doing right now? Do you plan to use BBTs and OPKs? I found the period before the fertile window to be a bit difficult. The fertile window at least is the fun part of the cycle. Its good to have that to look forward to!
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby DarkAries » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:05 am

Hey everyone ...I'm new here (since yesterday at least)

My details are as follows:

I'm 40 & DH is 38
First month of TTC (had my IUD out on the 11/05)
I have two (16 & 7) and DH has two (12 & 4)
as for infertility issues..not as far as I know.
TTC plans for 2016: started BBT charting then I stop this cycle and just went on when I thought I had o'd (assuming I had a 'normal" cycle after the IUD came out and just hoped for the best)... I have 7 days to go till AF arrives ...and have been experiencing some on and off cramping and 1 sore bb ...)

here's hoping for those BFP's for all of us.
Me: 40 - DH:38
DS - 16
DS - 12
DD - 7
DS - 4
TTC - "No 5"
DarkAries
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Crumpet » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:13 am

Welcome here also DarkAries!

I posted my (boring) update on the other thread: less bloating, less cramping, no spotting (for now), but still lots of gurgling. I need to figure out what's causing all this gurgling! I'm trying to stay strong to test until TUESDAY next week. It seems so, so far away.
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby DarkAries » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:01 pm

Crumpet wrote:Welcome here also DarkAries!

I posted my (boring) update on the other thread: less bloating, less cramping, no spotting (for now), but still lots of gurgling. I need to figure out what's causing all this gurgling! I'm trying to stay strong to test until TUESDAY next week. It seems so, so far away.

Thank you Crumpet...I'll just keep on sending you positive vibes!
Me: 40 - DH:38
DS - 16
DS - 12
DD - 7
DS - 4
TTC - "No 5"
DarkAries
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Crumpet » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:05 am

Thanks DarkAries. TTC is exciting but also a bit stressful. I think especially for this of us in our late 30s and in our 40s we're hoping it happens FAST.

Pretty much the same today -- a bit of spotting and my persistent gurgling, but not much else to report. I've had a bit of a cold the past few days and it seems to be worse today (I kept waking up last night too).

How are you doing?
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby FosterMom » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:48 pm

Hello!!! I would like to join in!

Me:42 /DH: 51
How long have you been together and TTC: WE are NOT trying Not protecting. Leaving it up to God
DS: 20
DS: 13
DS : 5
DS : 4
DD : 2
Maybe #6 in 2017
No issues.

Symptoms you are experiencing:
1dpo: frequent urination, tummy troubles with loose stools. Slight cramps and back ache.
2dpo: same as 1dpo
3dpo: Boobies are weird...tingly, feeling fuller (may be due to LP), slight tummy troubles. Loss of appetite. Stuffier nose. Throat may be getting sore.

We will see where it goes.
FosterMom

Postby Crumpet » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:42 am

Welcome FosterMom! If its okay to ask, are you also a Foster Parent? A friend of mine has a foster child and then recently had a biological child. They are trying to adopt their foster child currently. Its a great family and its so nice to see that things can work out so well for everyone.

Welcome to the TWW! How are you feeling? Anxious for the results or are you enjoying the journey?

I'm probably 12 or 13 DPO. I could test reasonably now but I don't want to be disappointed by a negative. Somehow having AF tell me seems more gentle than having a test tell me. I have been spotting a little bit for the past few days. Today I have had nothing yet. Spotting is normal for me, so I can't read much into it. I would be more confident if it stops now though. I have a bit of a headache and a cold, which makes it difficult to interpret 'symptoms' -- many of them may be related to my cold. AF is due on Tuesday so I'm just trying to stay busy until then!
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby scrpbookr » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi Crumpet and welcome to Bluedoes, Darkaries and Fostermom.

Crumpet, You have been strong with holding off on testing!

I had a significant bbt dip to 96.3 this morning. That combined with a severe storm warning at the shore brought us home a bit early from our weekend away. It is cycle day 9 which seems early for ovulation but we have officially started trying for our 4th cycle none the less. I missed taking an opk this morning but will try to tomorrow morning. We restocked the preseed and are hopeful for a successful cycle.

Happy Sunday!
scrpbookr

Postby FosterMom » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Crumpet,
I used to foster kids, but we no longer do as we moved and did become foster parents in our new state. My name is Foster....lol.. So all my kids are Foster kids lol. I have been with TWW since 2008, but forgot all my information from years ago and it wouldn't let me use my log in from then. I have had many TWWs here....but our last was in 2012 so....

Scrpbookr...thank you for the welcome. Good luck with your dip!!!!!

I am 5dpo today, bloated, and had a dip this morning. Will see if it goes up tomorrow. I usually get a positive 2 days later, but I may hold off on testing, because I am nervous about finding out either way.
FosterMom

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s