*** 2016 TTC in 40's Roll Call!

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: *** 2016 TTC in 40's Roll Call!

Postby Crumpet » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:58 am

Scrpbookr -- Its nice to 'see' you again! That storm is probably the same one that came my way yesterday. It was pretty intense! I was in a boat on the water on Saturday with friends. We had surprisingly great weather. It sounds like you're all set for this round. Its exciting getting revved up again. I like that part of the cycle!

FosterMom -- I love your name! That is so welcoming :D
5DPO is early! Its great that you can get results as early as 7DPO. I've seen that some people show up early and some late. You're very luck! When is AF due? Do you plan to wait until then or will you wait until later this week? I'm crossing fingers and toes for you!!

As for me -- On Saturday, while out with friends, I decided I was NOT pregnant. I had a headache, a bit of spotting, and no other symptoms to think of. That changed yesterday. The gurgling was back and my n*pples started to hurt a lot. I usually don't get that kind of pain before AF. Then, before bed, DH looked at my n*pples and completely freaked. :omg: They are red and swollen in addition to feeling like they are on fire. Today the symptoms from yesterday continue and I'm feeling a bit queasy again. None of this is normal before AF. She's due tomorrow. I may test tomorrow or later this week. FertilityFriend suggests that I wait until Friday to be on the safe side. I'm not sure that I can wait that long. What do you all think?
Me: 39
DH: 34
TTC #1 since: May 2016
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby scrpbookr » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:21 am

Crumpet! Your symptoms are so exciting!! I am sending tons of good wishes your way. It seems completely promising!
scrpbookr

Postby Crumpet » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:30 am

Scrpbookr -- I think AF just arrived. All of my 'symptoms' could be explained by my small sickness except for the sore n*pples. I got rather excited last night so I'm a bit bummed today. I knew the odds were against me but...anyway, I'll make sure AF is really here and then at least I can savor a glass of wine tonight. My first in about a month.
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby scrpbookr » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:21 pm

Oh Crumpet, This can be such a roller coaster. We are strong enough for this though. If AF has in fact shown up today have a glass of wine for me, too!

Keep me posted and know if AF is here the next try and extra bonding with your husband is just a couple of weeks away.

With my wonky cycle lengths I am not sure where exactly we are in relation to ovulation but plan to keep trying through about 18dpo. Hopefully in time my bbt chart might show ovulation but we'll see.

It is back to work for me after a handful of days off. It was a good summer start. My little guy has his first day of camp for this summer tomorrow. And we are gearing up for his 9th birthday celebration this weekend. Busy, busy!

Good to have some skight distractions from ttc.
scrpbookr

Postby Crumpet » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:53 pm

Thanks Scrpbookr. I'm glad you were 'here' today. It helps! I'll be okay. I was upset for about an hour, but its time to move forward.I booked my transvaginal ultrasound (ugh!) and acupuncture appointments that my OBGYN told me to have after AF shows.

Some wine and the idea of some solid BD time booked in with the DH soon makes the next few weeks feel better though.

Have a good evening. I'll check in again soon -- but may miss a few days this week. I have to book travel etc now that I know my AF dates/approximate O dates for this month. Its going to be hectic!
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby FosterMom » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:13 pm

Crumpet did AF really arrive?? Was she just checking in? do Tell!!!!!! Sore nips sound promising for sure though...super odd.

AFM: I want to wait, but I am not much for patience...I have a bunch of dollar trees. I did wake up this morning feeling very unpregnant though. Horrible cramping today with backache seems to be a norm anymore...I never used to cramp at all. UGH.

We will see..I may test tomorrow. I have not had my mid-cycle spotting though...which is different.
FosterMom

Postby scrpbookr » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:12 am

Hi Crumpet - This portion of the cycle is a good spot to take a bit of a break. I know I needed it when AF showed up.

Some summer travel plans should be a nice distraction as well.

We're on day 12 of our cycle so we're just making time daily for some bding. I plan to keep trying daily until I see my temp has gone back up after ovulation. I haven't been good at all at taking OPKs. I don't mind temping or the Preseed but something about the OPKs feels burdensome. I have a handful of OPK tests so maybe I'll see what the next few days look like but the last few days I just haven't been feeling taking them.

FosterMom - I am sending good thoughts your way for a successful cycle. Keep us in the loop!
scrpbookr

Postby Heathcat » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:26 pm

Your Age/Partner's Age: Me: 43 SO: 36
How long have you been together and TTC: Together since October 2016 TTC since April 2016
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: I have no bios; he has DD11 and DD5
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: I have PCOS
TTC plans for 2016: IVF this summer
Symptoms you are experiencing: none
Anything else to share: First time TTC, hopeful.
Heathcat

Postby pandagrl » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:41 am

Hi :)
Your Age/Partner's Age: I recently turned 40 and am a single mom by choice
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: No
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: Nope, all the tests came back great
TTC plans for 2016: (IVF, IUI, fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,): IUI and possibly IVF if the IUIs don't work
Symptoms you are experiencing: None so far
Anything else to share: I'm currently halfway through a tww after my 4th IUI, going koo koo :mrgreen:
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby FosterMom » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:43 pm

Welcome Pandagrl and heathCat.....

Today I am feeling too old to have another bubby....43 in August. Have 5 kids...am I being selfish? Stupid? Out of my mind? I act like any of this is actually up to me..but I am just feeling weird....ugh.
FosterMom

Postby Crumpet » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:51 pm

Welcome Pandagirl and Heathcat!

Pandagirl -- I have a good friend who became a single mom by choice (IUI) in her mid-40s using her own eggs (not frozen at that time). She froze her eggs when she did the rounds for that child and now she's pregnant with #2. She's a great mom and its so great that things worked out for her!

Heathcat -- good luck with your first time TTC. Have you discussed your PCOS diagnosis with your doctor? How is your health otherwise. I've seen a lot of BFPs from women with PCOS on these boards. Maybe you can connect with them also if you think it would be helpful?

Fostermom -- you are most definitely NOT old. Sometimes all of us feel old though. Yesterday I felt ancient. Today I feel like I'm 20. It comes and goes. Sending you hugs and support.

Scrpbookr -- where are you in your cycle now? I know what you mean about the OPKs. I started on CD8 and did them through CD15 (I got +OPKs on CD13 and CD14). It was a long time of testing. Its also a bit of a pain holding pee and not drinking water before hand. I plan to do them for a few more cycles to see how stable my O date is. If its stable, I think I'll stop using them. What about you?

AFM -- I'm on CD16 now and I think I O'd on CD14. I'm definitely in the TWW now, but I'm waiting for my crosshairs on FF. Fortunately I'll be traveling for part of the TWW, which I hope will distract me from symptom spotting. If I don't spot before AF (I'm usually a spotter) I'll test when I get back from my trip. If I do spot, I'll wait until AF shows up. So far the TWW is fine because its early days...its going to get harder!
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Chicks Cheetah » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:07 pm

Hello, new here. I'm 42 and DH is 44. I have 3 kids 2 boys 1 girl from previous marriage and we have 1 DD that is 15 mths. We have been TTC 8 mths now. I've checked out healthy with doc and if we not pg by August we plan on having DH sperm checked. Last cycle was my first time to chart bbt and this month I also charted cm and cervix, no caffeine, DH has been on zinc, and I have been taking prenatals for like forever! I also took Mucinex about 4 days prior to ovulation and it was my first time using OPKs. I have no trouble ovulating and marked it cd 11. Opk became pos on cd 10 and we bd that evening and the next day. Had ovary pains both days. So now I'm 2dpo. Scared of being disappointed yet agin.
Chicks Cheetah

Postby MrsCDukes » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:34 am

Hi ladies, newbie here.
My name is Samantha,40 DH is Colin, 28.
We've been together 5 years, married 10 months :)
Been ttc for 15 months now :( I have 3 kids (dd18, ds12, ds5) DH has a dd6. We so want a child together.
I've been tempting and using opk's, also took Soy Isoflavones on CD2-6, first cycle taking it.
DH has great sperm but I have irregular cycles and a luteal phase defect
We have an appointment with a fs tomorrow, 19th, so fx she can help us get our bfp.
MrsCDukes

Postby FosterMom » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:38 pm

I AM BACK!!! 2dpo today. Got in a great BD and felt like I just knew all was good this month. Super awesome!!! can't wait until next week!!!!
FosterMom

Postby Crumpet » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:37 pm

Well, I had a messed up luteal phase in my last cycle (10 days of spotting). I'm glad that cycle is over with. AF is still here but its nice to be starting over. After that cycle I asked my OBGYN if we should do more testing to see why I am spotting. She told me that I am old and infertile and that there was no need to do any further testing :cry:

I want a second opinion and some more testing. I just made an appointment win an RE. The appointment is for Thursday. I'm a bit scared but also excited for the extra help and, hopefully, support.

Wishing the rest of you good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s