*** 2016 TTC in 40's Roll Call!

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: *** 2016 TTC in 40's Roll Call!

Postby Indigoblue » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:13 pm

Hi:
I'm feeling very anxious bc I'm 5dp5dt- my first transfer I was so excited but I ended up with a hcg of 4. Like my last transfer, I started cramping around 36 hours post transfer and then mild to moderate intermittent cramps days 3, 4, & 5. My breasts aren't sore- a little heavy but that always happens- no fatigue. I'm anxious when I don't have cramps and then I'm anxious when I do bc it's always meant my period. Both embryos are from a natural IVF cycle and are both PGS normal. I'll be 42 in 3 months and we are running out of funds to do this again and after a bout of severe depression and weight loss in 2014 after my failed IUIs, I'm worn down. My only peace is that I've made good quality embryos and I actually bleed somewhat normal now after my recent D&C. I dream about babies. This is so difficult- any positive advice or uplifting stories would be welcome.
TTC 3.5 yrs and almost 42
Scant, but 24-26 day regular cycle- bleeds 1 day
FSH varies 11-20
AMH 0.40
Summer 2014: 2 failed, medicated IUIs with 4-6 follicles
Going through natural/mini IVF= 2 genetically normal frozen 5 day blasts of BB and AA quality
5/16: D&C - white area found in uterus
June/July periods now 2 days and heavier
Late June 5dt- negative, HCG 4
MTHFR homozygous C677T- on ASA and lovenox
Late July 2016 5dt- estrace, Asa, lovenox, oral and vaginal progesterone, and 10 mg prednisone
Acupuncture 2.5 years, herbs, supplements, uterine massages
Indigoblue

Postby OD1974! » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:57 am

So glad there are others out there. I feel like I am going out of my mind. I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks in February and had to have a D&C. My AF returned after 30 days in March. April AF after 24 days. May AF after 35 days. June AF 24 days. July AF 24 days. August AF 26 days. September AF due on the 8th. I have been taking Fertilaid and Ovaboost now for almost 30 days. I was devastated after the miscarriage, and I fear I may be too old.

Your Age/Partner's Age: I am 42, boyfriend is 32
How long have you been together and TTC: 3 years
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: 18, 11, 8, and my angel baby that would have been born on the 26th of this month.
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: I am old. Other than that, none that we know of.
TTC plans for 2016: (IVF, IUI, fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,): Fertilaid, Ovaboost.
Symptoms you are experiencing: Lower abdominal cramps (more like twinges), dizziness, nausea,
Anything else to share: I am never PMS symptomatic. I am, however, a slight hypochondriac and spend way too much time on google. I have taken HPTs and they are negative. I will wait until my period is actually late to test again. Today I would be 12 DPO.

I keep praying for my sticky bean. So anxious.
OD1974!
Friend

Postby jodyjuly2012 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:06 am

Hi everyone, I just registered to the website, Im Joanne
Your Age/Partner's Age: 40y/o / 44 y/o
How long have you been together and TTC: Almost 10 yrs and for baby no#2 more than a year
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: 1 daughter 4yrs old
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: I have PCO's
TTC plans for 2016: (IVF, IUI, fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,): IUI, taking femara and Gonal F, trigger shot of Ovidrel
Symptoms you are experiencing: mild cramping and bloatedness
Anything else to share: Hi everyone, I was just researching about my medication and I cam across this site and I figured I will sign up so I have an outlet to vent out my feelings on trying to get pregnant for baby #2. This is our 3rd cycle, the first two cycle was just femara, ovidrel and natural but this cycle my fertility doc decided the treatment we did with our baby #1. So I am just staying positive with this one and hoping I will still get pregnant at 40's.
Goodluck to everyone TTC,
Joanne
jodyjuly2012

Postby OD1974! » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:00 am

Hi Jodyjuly2012! So my AF is late now, at least compared to previous months. I took HPT this morning and BFN. Feeling rather confused. I am wondering if the Fertilaid/Ovuboost is delaying my period. I am hopeful as I want this little baby with all my heart.

How goes your ttc?
OD1974!
Friend

Postby Brak1 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:35 am

Posted in old thread before reading this... 44 here, partner 41.. TTC second, first 19 mos.. 8 DPO, first time using OPK... First test, first stick solid smile... But had EWCM day before and after... BD day before OPK smile and day after... Now waiting for either BFP or AF.. Crazy weird dreams... First one I was lactating! Now with school glue CM.... Right pelvic cramping... Trying not to go nuts in the TWW
Brak1

Postby crowsfoot » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:30 pm

Hi All - I'm new to TWW and historically bad at keeping up with conversations, but happy to see all the ladies in this thread. I'm 14 DPO today and CD 29. Average for me is 11 days and 25 days so I'm officially late. BFN this morning. So.. who knows what's going on.

Stats:
Your Age/Partner's Age: Me 42, DH 40
How long have you been together and TTC: Together 21 years. TTC this time three cycles. Had a m/c about a year ago at 8 weeks, so working on a third child for about 14 months.
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: Two - DD 8 and DS 4.
TTC plans: I think we will try for one or two more cycles and then stop. The last three pregnancies I was 35, 38 and 41 (including the m/c) so I have some hope this could work fairly soon.
crowsfoot

Postby MK1973 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:59 pm

Stats:
Your Age/Partner's Age: Me 43, DH 42 (will be 43 early Jan
How long have you been together and TTC: Together 21 years. Almost 22. TTC 3 cycles but before that ntnp
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: no have one spoiled feline. Captain Jericho Fantastic
TTC plans: fertility colander taking prenatal vitamins b complex, multi, and if tonight or tomorrow is Cd1 then plan starting evening primrose oil.

I just wanted to congratulate everyone who has gotten your bfp and send tons of baby dust to those still awaiting their bfps. I discovered this forum about 4 weeks ago and have been reading it everyday every since then.
MK1973
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby FosterMom » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:33 pm

Well...have been trying to 10 months now TTC and with DS3 and DD it took 10 months...but...DH says it is just time to get a puppy. He is dead set against a baby now. Dang. So..now to break my habit of reading and posting here.
FosterMom

Postby spanishrose » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:09 pm

Your Age/Partner's Age: I am 47 and he 53
How long have you been together and TTC: 3 months
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: boy 19 and girl 14
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: no
TTC plans for 2016: (IVF, IUI, fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,): OPKs
Symptoms you are experiencing: the usual ovulation systems
Anything else to share:
This is my first time on this site. I want to see if there is other women my age who are thinking or even trying to conceive at this ripe age.
spanishrose

Postby ellecue » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:19 pm

Hi, I'm new to this site..
I'm turning 44 in a couple of weeks, DH is 52. Second marriage for us both. We have kids from our previous marriages, mine 18, 15,15, 13, his 12, 10,10.
TTC 4yrs, m/c 2013, one ivf attempt failed and just had second transfer of two embryos yesterday, now the two week wait.
I'm in a wheelchair f/t so I'm not mobile but hoping my body responds ok.

Good luck ladies, wishing us all success. <3
ellecue

Previous

Return to TTC in our 40s