Any encouragement is greatly appreciated

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Any encouragement is greatly appreciated

Postby Waiting4u! » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:17 am

Hi everyone, just looking for some encouragement and insight..I'm 43 and miscarried in March at 8 weeks.i have a 3 year old that keeps my spirits up. I guess I'm tired of reading women over 40 forums where everyone is always restating how fragile their eggs are or how little their chances of conception are.. Looking for recent stories of natural conception for women over 4o who recently experienced a miscarriage?.. Just feeling kind of low was hoping to surprise my husband with a bfp this morning.. Instead a bfn
Waiting4u!

Re: Any encouragement is greatly appreciated

Postby mimimama » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:29 am

I haven't personal experiences, just want to wish all the best with yr ttc
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby southernbelle » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:34 pm

I'm 41 and I had three losses last year. I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant with my second. Hang in there mama. The doctor told me it was probably a case of bad eggs/luck even though all my blood work came back fine.
NTNP

Mar 2013 chemical pregnancy
May 2013 :bfp:
Feb 2014 Baby Girl :babyg:
Feb 2015 missed miscarriage @ 8 weeks (Vitex)
Apr 2015 miscarriage @ 6 weeks (Vitex)
Jun 2015 hysteroscopy
Aug 2015 failed IUI #1 (Femara, Follistim, Ovidrel)
Sep 2015 chemical pregnancy (Vitex)
Oct 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, 100mg Clomid cd 3-7 - Round 1
Nov 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, 150mg Clomid cd 3-7, Follistim cd 8-11, Ovidrel
Dec 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, Vitex, Preseed, Mucinex :bfp:
Aug 2016 Baby Boy :babyb:

My Ovulation Chart
southernbelle

Postby FosterMom » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:46 pm

It an happen. It will happen. We do not feel the deep need to have a baby without something being there we may not see or understand. truth.
FosterMom

Postby Danielle0614 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:10 am

I was 41 (almost 42) when I conceived naturally after 3 losses. 2 of those 3 losses were while I was taking fertility medication, which I think may have contributed to the losses. The first month I stopped fertility medication, I became pregnant. I now have a happy, healthy 6 month old. Hang in there!!!
Me 41
DH 39
DS 18
DS 15
DS. 21mo
:angel: 4/2014
:angel: CP 10/2014
:angel: CP 12/2014

BFP - 8DPO April 30, 2015!!!
Beta #1 - 86 (13 DPO)
Beta #2 - 178 (15 DPO) 45.75 hrs doubling time
Beta #3 - 464.4 (17 DPO) 36.17hrs doubling time. :D

My Ovulation Chart

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ec392
Danielle0614
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Also looking for encouragement - my story

Postby FGW » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:56 am

Hi there,
I'm new to this group - I just started reaching out for support. I'm not sure if this is the right group to post to, so feel free to redirect me if it's not. I'm near the end of my 2WW and 41.5 yrs, so I guess I fit in regardless. :)

I'll try to make this as brief as possible (I promise my following posts won't be this long) - I was lucky enough to get pregnant by surprise on my first cycle off of BC back in April. I had a missed miscarriage at what I thought was 10.5 weeks (heart stopped around 8 weeks). I had a D&C the following week. My BF and I were devastated, and decided to try again after my first normal cycle. He's 40.5 yrs.

I feel a little crappy sharing some of this knowing that so many of you have been trying for months and even years - I'm on my 3rd cycle following my first normal period, which took 7 weeks after the D&C.

I truly knew zilch about the difficulties for women TTC over 40 . . . until I made the mistake of reading everything I could on the Internet in the last month. I also made the mistake of going to see one of the doctors at my OB's office who I thought would offer support - I have been having ovulation pain and breast soreness and huge emotional highs and lows - all of which I never experienced before I got pregnant. He literally said "if you're over 40, I won't waste your time or mine - go get IVF now before it's too late". I think I mostly blanked out for the next 10 mins (the max time he'd spend with me). Then spent the rest of yesterday and this morning crying. I am now officially scared out of my mind that I will never conceive again. I guess that's how scaremongering works - and why the number of women over 40 now exceeds the number of girls under 18 having terminations - they (we) don't think we can conceive, so many stop using BC.

All that to basically ask for any stories of encouragement, or any thoughts on the real data about women over 40 TTC -

I did read a couple of encouraging articles that I'll post when I track them down again . . . one data point was that the average age of a woman having her last child in the 20's was 42. The other was that women over 40 TTC naturally have not been studied - at all. All data on 40+ is from IVF results - which appear pretty dismal.

So - a few questions - how long do you think I should wait before asking for fertility help? Would I likely have more luck just continuing to try naturally? Any words of encouragement on the possibility of conceiving naturally again (I was told that every 6 mths that goes by after 40 is a significant decline in fertility) - is that true? Anything you can share to get me out of this mental rut would be helpful.

And push me off to another forum if I'm in the wrong place. :)
Peace & Love to all of you.
FGW
Friend

Return to TTC in our 40s