45, low egg reserve, low sperm count/morph

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

45, low egg reserve, low sperm count/morph

Postby my3kiz » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:47 am

I'm starting to doubt myself. I ovulate on my own But have low egg reserve cause of age. DH had low everything not zero but they said IUI was our best chance. So started Femara. Ovulated on right side but that tube is a slow leaker so skipped YOu and just did TI. Nada. Went to Femara and Injectable Follitism. Trying to motivate left side to lead. Nope. Today the right again was way ahead. Doctor wanted me to save my meds and watch it but I said no.they are already open so let's do,it. Now I'm wondering if I should skip the IUI again. Insurance only helps with 4. Has anyone had these sorta issues and still conceived? I'm soooooo discouraged.
my3kiz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: 45, low egg reserve, low sperm count/morph

Postby Danaa » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:42 pm

Hey there,like you I have a bad tube(my right one) and after years of ttc I decided to skip everything and go directly to Ivf,considering your age and ur one bad tube plus ur husband's problem i would suggest to not waste time and do the IUI's,I know is hard not to doubt everything but you have to try and continue to have faith.good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby my3kiz » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:54 am

Thats what i am thinking but my DH said no. It 10,000 dollars out of pocket and considering we are having to save now for the oldest at homes college, he said its to much. So he said do the IUIs when I want to or it feels right but once their up, we are done. :0( And I cant be mad about it. I understand. Hes having to give me shots and the meds are making me emotional on top of already being emotional.

Did IVF work for you?
my3kiz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:36 am

Ivf worked,I got pregnant but sadly it was a chemical pregnancy or an early misscariage,I'm trying again next month.
I know this whole process is very intense but you and ur husband will make the right choices Im sure.good luck to you.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mimimama » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:34 am

my3kiz- you might want to consider undergoing yr treatment at clinics abroad. From what I know ivf all inclusive with unlimited meds costs 2500 Euro at Polish top ivf clinic in Gdansk.
Danaa- keep my fingers crossed. Good luck and a positive outcome
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 40s