2017! Calling all over 40's out there TTC~come join!

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

2017! Calling all over 40's out there TTC~come join!

Postby SEL » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:52 pm

Anyone out there in the world over the over 40's TTC? Would love to connect....

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

On a TTC weight loss fitness break until my IVF in late fall.
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: 2017! Calling all over 40's out there TTC~come join!

Postby FosterMom » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:09 am

SEL.....this place is dead. NO one posts here....ever....I check in but TWW has less and less people posting and most simply read. We stopped TTC last month after swaying for 11 months for another daughter. I made my body too acidic and I knew it was time to stop....so I changed all my food and drinks to re-alkalize my body. I also removed all soy from my diet to improve my health. This month I have had little to no Cm and am quite desert-like down there so to have comfortable sex we use lube and lots of orgasm. I am temping on a limited basis to keep track of cycles for future purposes, but since not TTC I truly don't care anymore. I am 43 and would deliver a baby at 44 and not sure if that is what I want to do at this point. More focused on the children we do have, what we want to do, and riding roller coasters. God Luck to all who are TTC.
FosterMom

Postby SEL » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Yes I see what you mean! Thanks for the tips, will give them a go.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Happyfroggy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:06 pm

FosterMom wrote:...so I changed all my food and drinks to re-alkalize my body. I also removed all soy from my diet to improve my health.

Sorry I had to post for any future readers, since I totally agree, most just read and run these days very sadly...

But you cannot change the acidity of your body through diet and I want to squash that pervasive myth. Like temperature, your body's acidity is strictly controlled by Homeostasis. Many people wrongly think you can test your urine to see how acidic you are but your urine's pH is NOT the same as your body's pH and can urine ph can change even depending on time of day and is not reflective of your true pH. The normal body/blood pH is tightly regulated between 7.35 and 7.45 for optimal cell division and protein synthesis. If you somehow managed to change your body pH out of this range...you'd be dead! And quite quickly!

All the diets that tout you must eat this or that to avoid being too 'acidic' are not supported by science whatsoever and are actually refuted by it. Most of the time, they just want to sell you their book or their supplement powder and make large claims as to what the health affects of the diet will be (which are red flags). Not to say these diets aren't healthy, most of seen say to eat more veg and avoid junk food which is obviously going to have a positive effect! But the effect is NOT a result of "changes to your body's alkalinity" like they tell you it is.

Hope this was helpful to any future reader!

Edited for typos.
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby judithfg » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:04 am

Gosh, I am 46 and would love to have seen more posts....
judithfg
Friend

Postby SEL » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Judith - hello. Come join us here. viewtopic.php?f=39&t=245679&start=120 There are a few of us older girls chatting. You're welcome to join :D

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AmandaHugnkiss » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:56 am

Hello, not sure if this is the right place to post. I was hoping there were other 40+ women out there trying to conceive but it's hard finding you all !!!
AmandaHugnkiss

Postby SEL » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:42 am

Hi Amanda! The best place to talk is here viewtopic.php?f=39&t=245679&start=195 - there a few over 40's lades ttc and we'd love to have you join us!

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 40s