IUI Tips

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

IUI Tips

Postby Peach007 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:34 am

I was at CD3 last dec 29. I was prescribed to take 2 clomid pills for 5 days. U/S at CD10 had 2 follies one at 17mm and another at 13. I was asked to BD that night and OPK first thing the following morning. I would have to do my own trigger shot because it's weekend and clinic was closed. I never had + OPK through the weekend so when I returned to the clinic on 1/9/17 (CD14) my follies are at 23mm, 18mm and another one came out at 13 mm. They gave me the trigger shot right away around 10 AM and sched me for IUI the very next day at 8:30 AM. I was prescribed to take CoQ10 (i and my DH, so I ran to costco and got ourselves 150 mg/ need to take 300 mg per day) DH had low count and abnormal shapes. We esp my DH were devastated but we hoped for God's intervention. It took exactly 2 hours to perform the whole procedure. Step one, they checked my vitals took the sample and put in warmer (btw, sample was at that time 1 hr old). Step 2 they washed the sperms/ took about 45 min. Step 3 RE performed IUI about 15 min including verification of sample labels & consent signing. Step 4, was told to keep my knees up and stay in bed for 30 minutes. They scheduled us for another IUI the very next day (another $250 co-pay). On My second IUI (CD16), we were told that sample was so
much better than the day before. (I think because DH was less tensed and he was told the day before to take MUCINEX or any expectorant so samples would loosen, don't knwo what that meant but it probably helped. Samples were about 20 min old; fewer but better quality) after the sperms were injected i was told to lift my butt, they put pillows under my hips asked to keep my knees close to my chest. DH was told to sit at the edge of the bed so I could rest my feet towards his back. I was at this position for 30 minutes. We're now 4dpiui and on 2ww. I will be back 7dpiui so they could check my progesterone level then be back again on 14dpiui to test for pregnancy. Praying.
Peach007

Return to TTC in our 40s