TTC at 40

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC at 40

Postby MamaPossible2010 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:36 am

Hi there. I am Shelly. I just turned 42 and my clock is really ticking now. I have realized recently that I definitely would like one more baby to feel complete. I started young. Unexpected pregnancy and baby at 19 who was sick from birth. Passed away at age 9 after beating the odds for so long. It was a very long, hard life for him.. for us. Had my second 2 weeks after my 21st birthday. Another boy who is away at college, 22 years old, almost finished.

Met my DH, who is 13.5 years my senior soon after my ex (abusive relationship) and he is my soul mate. We have a 12 year old DD from one round of clomid & back to back IUI, and a set of twin girls from the same at age 34 and 1/2. I used to be very active on these boards, but never thought I'd feel this way again. It isn't the twins, LOL, maybe it was at 1st, life was crazy, but I do seem to enjoy chaos, lol, but now with my girls in full time school and growing up, it's been hitting me harder & harder over the past year or so, but hub was injured at work, then out of a job, and money was too tight to think about this. Things are just starting to turn around in that dept. so I feel ready. I was going to get my CD 3 bloods done today to start things off, but I am on day 4, due to the weekend, and I read and heard from people who say I may best wanna wait until next month (if i get wrong results, I won't know and it could cause stress for me), and just go at it as normal this cycle, maybe talk to hub more, though he knows how I am feeling now and was with me at the appt. (U/S was perfect. Uterus & ovaries checked out fine.)

Here is where our age difference is finally irking me a bit because I do understand why he'd be fine at his age as is (how things are now), but had I married someone my own age, they would more likely be in this to win it, but I know he'd be a great dad again, and I think they help keep you young... I feel 22, and play with my kids like a teenager, and our girls are only 7 so it's not like they are 25 and we are starting over, which would be harder to him at his age, but we already have a long haul left, so not as big of an adjustment IMO. I don't ever feel my age except when t comes to the damn words ADVANCED MATERNAL AGE and worse yet.. OVER 40, so I need some support, and we will talk more, but he surely hasn't said NOOOO! We have never prevented, but regardless of what we do at home, nailing the big O.. it just seems to take the IUI. Maybe it's my mucus... we never figured that out, but with IUI we always fell pregnant fast. IDK how it would be now though. :(.

I need some support of ladies in my age group and the 40's roll call said better to go here, so HERE I AM!!!

Wish you all much success too!

HUGS,
Shelly
MamaPossible2010
Friend

Postby Angelique76 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:20 am

Welcome Shelly and a late welcome to Mercy. I will inbox you re. support.

Have a lovely day.
Angelique76

Postby MercyMe » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:25 am

Shelly! Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story. We are walking with you in this journey of trying when everyone says it's too late. We have hope! It does happen and I hope your dreams come to you.
MercyMe
Friend

Postby Angelique76 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:20 am

Morning ladies, on top of this page we created a FB page. I did PM you. Join us if you like.
Angelique76

Postby Kawanmk » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi there!

I am 42 and n the middle of a FET. I have had 3 previous frozen cycles that didn't take. My DH I 41 and doesn't have any children of his own. I have 3 from a previous marriage. I'm excited, yet nervous. My baby is 17, middle daughter 20, and my oldest is 23. I am seriously starting all over! BUT we are determined! I have 8 frozen embryos. Hopefully, we don't use them all this first round. I would like at least two more children.

So glad you all are here!!!

Kawan
Kawanmk

Postby zebracakes17 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:00 pm

I am 40 and this is my only chance until hubby gets back in town and we are not sure how long that will be. I am in my 2week wait so fingers crossed
zebracakes17
Friend

Postby Ajb38 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi ladies, I never thought about joining this board as I keep forgetting that I am actually 40 now, lol. I just turned 40 in July. I have a son who is 3 that I got pregnant with the second month trying. Fast forward 4 years and I roll my eyes when people say that! We started trying on our own about 2 years ago for #2. We had no luck so at the beginning of this year we started seeing a fertility dr. I had my first IUI in March-BFN. Second IUI in April-BFP, but had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. Found out through pathology from D&C that it was actually a partial molar pregnancy so we couldn't TTC for about 5 months. I had IUI #3 last month-BFN. Now I am having IUI #4 next week. I am hoping this is the one that sticks. I am only giving it until the end of the year then closing up shop. I feel like TTC takes over my life and I can never plan for the future because what if I am pregnant, etc. I am so glad to have found this group and hope we all have much luck.
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MercyMe » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:22 am

Good morning Kawan, zebracakes and I already forgot your name! I have been away for a while for laziness sake! Welcome and I wish you the best. I am not doing any fertility treatments so I am afraid I don't know what the lingo means from your posts. But you are wanting a baby and that I understand! I am in my tww right now but I don't believe I am pregnant. I am fairly certain we missed our window this month (it was busy and our baby isn't sleeping so no labido).

I wish you many bfp!
MercyMe
Friend

Previous

Return to TTC in our 40s