TTC at 40

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: TTC at 40

Postby Momof9treasures » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:54 am

I honestly don't know where this leaves me. We had stopped trying, then this happens. I think we'll probably take the "if it happens, great" route. If not, I'm still the most blessed mommy ever. I just want to do this mommy thing forever, though! How's your pregnancy going?
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MercyMe » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:02 am

It's so hard not to keep trying! I get it. Six weeks and counting!
MercyMe

Postby Lolawantsababy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:25 am

Momof9treasures wrote:I used to. Can't stand the negatives and obsessing anymore. I think I'm done trying. I finally got rid of the bv completely and now we're not getting along. It's been a rough month (who am I kidding - it's been a rough year or two!) as my bv came back with a vengeance after ovulation last month, I had some virus that made me hurt all over (but I'm a mom, so no slowing down), my second son graduated high school, we have been having money problems, and my husband travelling during baseball season. Life is just super hard right now and I can't handle more stress. I'm praying for you all, though, and will check in periodically.

Hi Momof9treasures,

If your username means you have nine children, Godbless you and Godspeed to you, super woman.

I’m sorry about the challenges you’re facing. If the BV is recurrent and you’re having virus-like body aches, you should get tested for the HSV 2 virus. It’s not part of most STI panels. If you haven’t been tested, please don’t think for 5 minutes- it’s super common, most people are asymptomatic, and if it is the cause you will get relief. Sending positive thoughts your way.
Lolawantsababy

Postby Momof9treasures » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:34 am

Yes, I have 9 children from 2 to 20! I was done but since we don't prevent, I ended up having multiple chemical pregnancies. Then I was done again, and had another chemical. I don't know where I stand now. The bv was caused by evening primrose oil! I don't know why I reacted so badly to it, or why it took me 6 months to figure out, but I'll never take it again.
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MercyMe » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:48 pm

I'm so glad you figured it out! I know that was miserable for you.
MercyMe

Previous

Return to TTC in our 40s