TTC at 40

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC at 40

Postby Twacky » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:23 am

....isn't it ridiculous that we live our lives in roughly 2 week increments, constantly wishing for the future?
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:12 am

Twacky wrote:....isn't it ridiculous that we live our lives in roughly 2 week increments, constantly wishing for the future?

:mrgreen: Yes. In fact, I saw a good tee- shirt a while back on a post on here. I'll try and find it but it summed up the month pretty well for me.

Found it - here it is - would never wear it of course but I found it funny!Image

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:00 am

well, this older girl's laptop is officially dead so short posts sans smileys....
lol for the T Shirt Simone! I have to admit tho, I no longer shed tears over ttc
Hope you are all quiet because life is great :-):-):-)
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:03 am

Twacky wrote: I have to admit tho, I no longer shed tears over ttc

Yes, me too. I just have a kind of "hakuna matata" type attitude, although I do like to poas!

So, my red raw maca arrived yesterday and my new prenatals. I tolerated both of them well so that is good because normally some multi vits and supps, make me sick

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:35 am

ha! what IS it about hpts that make em so addictive? I wish there was a cure....no wait, I rather wish the hpts were cheap and reliable ;-)
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:25 am

Twacky wrote:ha! what IS it about hpts that make em so addictive? I wish there was a cure....no wait, I rather wish the hpts were cheap and reliable ;-)

Yes, that's crazy how costly they are there in SA.

My photobucket has been messed up. Telling me I need to upgrade for extra bandwith? Does not even make sense. There is a new virus going around so I'm avoiding it.

CD 8 and am hoping for a normal on time O this month. Have some opk's arriving today.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:35 am

I just the other day downloaded the photobucket app and realized I still had an account from almost ten years ago. Found a handful of pics of my 2 oldest nieces as littlies! So sweet.
so Simone, you are 3 days behind me! Good luck to both of us this go round :-)
I won't get any 'action' till cd 14 saturday night but I usually O about cd 16 so it might all be for the best in the end.
How is everyone doing?
National Arts Festival starts tomorrow here, 11 days of amazing they call it....more like 11 days of madness lol! I hope we go and see some shows and I MUST do the rounds of the art exhibitions this year. Every year I either work the whole time or end up going all agoraphobic and staying home.
Ange have you ever come up for Fest?
Simone you should Google it and see what I'm talking about. There's an official website with the complete program online for the main and fringe events.
Anyway....hope everyone's o.k.?
xxx
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Twacky » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:37 am

Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:15 pm

Ohhh looks great T and I hope you go. Sometimes, ttc just kind of takes over my life and I really shouldn't let it. So important to find the right balance other wise you'll drive yourself mad. :D

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:24 am

I watched a live talk show at a coffee shop with my mom this morning and they gave me complimentary tickets to one of the shows tonight, yay!
Happy weekend everyone!
xxx
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dolphina » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:53 am

Hey all! Had my 2nd iui 6/27 so I'm 4dpiui. I do not feel anything the way I did with the first. I go back 7/12 for beta so we will see! Hope you are well and I'll keep you posted!
Dolphina
Friend

Postby Twacky » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:28 am

Hey Dolphina! We will keep all fingers and toes crossed for your beta, so exciting :-D:-D:-D
Are you also a poas addict or will you wait for the beta?
OH and I skipped the free show and stayed home last night.....so ahem, we are in with a shot this cycle lol ;-)
hope everyone is well
xxx
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:40 am

Dolphina wrote:Hey all! Had my 2nd iui 6/27 so I'm 4dpiui. I do not feel anything the way I did with the first. I go back 7/12 for beta so we will see! Hope you are well and I'll keep you posted!
Ohhh good luck to you! Fx for your beta testing and hof course hope you catch the eggie. Sending you many :fertilization: thoughts :mrgreen:

Twacky wrote:OH and I skipped the free show and stayed home last night.....so ahem, we are in with a shot this cycle lol ;-)
hope everyone is well
xxx

You too T - Hope it all goes well.

Ang - how are you feeling?

Well. I started on the maca supplement and lets just say this. I'm stopping it now, right now as we speak! I have gained 1.8 in a week so far (tomorrow is official weigh in day for the week but it is not going to be good). So many women have reported weight gain. I have not cheated on my plan so I know it is not that, it is simply this supp, I know it. Feeling so meh. It's meant to be brilliant for fertility. WAIL! :doh:

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:21 am

Simone, about the maca, I don't know if it's relevant but on some board somewhere I read that the raw powder is very hard to digest for some and leads to tummy issues, however there is a different type, what it is I am not sure as maca is relatively unknown here and way too expensive. Maybe look into that?
A similar thing happened to me with an ayurvedic liver detox that my sister recommended to me, I just kept picking up weight so I googled it and found it's often prescribed to anorexics to stimulate appetite. ...lol! the exact opposite of what I need ;-)
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:37 am

Twacky wrote:Simone, about the maca, I don't know if it's relevant but on some board somewhere I read that the raw powder is very hard to digest for some and leads to tummy issues, however there is a different type, what it is I am not sure as maca is relatively unknown here and way too expensive. Maybe look into that?
A similar thing happened to me with an ayurvedic liver detox that my sister recommended to me, I just kept picking up weight so I googled it and found it's often prescribed to anorexics to stimulate appetite. ...lol! the exact opposite of what I need ;-)

I think you may be talking about gelatanized maca? I will do some research. And oh now about the liver detox and appetite stimulation - eep! :mrgreen:

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s