TTC at 40

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC at 40

Postby Twacky » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:26 pm

Well I made it halfway through 15dpo which is a bit of a record as my lp is 12 to 13 days. I had another light bfp on 13dpo with a blue ept. Then a faint line on a pink dye test yesterday and a bfn this morning which shows the faintest line now that it is dry. I knew it was over when my temp came crashing back down again. So, really, another cp? What do you think? I wonder why it's happening now that I'm heading towards perimenopause?
Lots to ponder lol
Hope everyone had a gr8 weekend!
Simone, I'm waiting in anticipation for for some good news from you....no pressure :-D
User avatar
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:00 am

Re: TTC at 40

Postby SEL » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:36 pm

Twacky wrote:Well I made it halfway through 15dpo which is a bit of a record as my lp is 12 to 13 days. I had another light bfp on 13dpo with a blue ept. Then a faint line on a pink dye test yesterday and a bfn this morning which shows the faintest line now that it is dry. I knew it was over when my temp came crashing back down again. So, really, another cp? What do you think? I wonder why it's happening now that I'm heading towards perimenopause?
Lots to ponder lol
Hope everyone had a gr8 weekend!
Simone, I'm waiting in anticipation for for some good news from you....no pressure :-D


Meh, I'm sorry she showed but hmmm...... I am def thinking chemical here for you T. Lines on test and delayed AF. Definitely suspicious.
Image

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS


Image
My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Re: TTC at 40

Postby SEL » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:51 am

Huge temp drop this morning, right down to coverline. Bleh. :doh:
Image

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS


Image
My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Re: TTC at 40

Postby Twacky » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:09 am

oh bugger. sorry.
*hugs*
User avatar
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:00 am

Re: TTC at 40

Postby Twacky » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:03 am

How is everyone doing?
I spent the day doing experimental gluten free breads, tomorrow I will go shopping in Port Elizabeth with my mom.
Hope everyone is having a good week!
xxx
User avatar
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:00 am

Re: TTC at 40

Postby SEL » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Hey there. Finally have AF pains so she'll be here any sec. Today is 16dpo - wth is these abnormally long Lp's? I used to be 10. I know I ovulated when I did because I used opk's and temped and charted. Anyhoo, the sooner she gets here, the sooner she leaves. New cycle, new Egg.

Mmmmm bread, T..........................................bread :wave:
Image

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS


Image
My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Re: TTC at 40

Postby Angelique76 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:44 pm

Hi ladies,

Just popping in to say hi. Sorry about the BFN's. A new month, a new cycle, and praying that it is your month!

I have been struggling with regulating my body temp since op. I freeze, shake uncontrollably, and just feel like I am going to go into hibernation I get so cold! It is so unusual for me, I am always hot, I generally sleep with a summer blanket in winter. This is all so new to me. Maybe I am feeling the cold more now that I am getting older LOL

I hope that you all have an awesome day. xo
Married Ian, love of my life, 28 October 2004

Beautiful Miah 22 August 2008

MC: 2011; 2012 & 2016

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76
Member
Member
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 4:46 am
Location: South Africa

Re: TTC at 40

Postby SEL » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Well Hello Af my old friend,
You've come to talk to me again...... :roll:
Image

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS


Image
My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Re: TTC at 40

Postby SEL » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Angelique76 wrote:Hi ladies,

Just popping in to say hi. Sorry about the BFN's. A new month, a new cycle, and praying that it is your month!

I have been struggling with regulating my body temp since op. I freeze, shake uncontrollably, and just feel like I am going to go into hibernation I get so cold! It is so unusual for me, I am always hot, I generally sleep with a summer blanket in winter. This is all so new to me. Maybe I am feeling the cold more now that I am getting older LOL

I hope that you all have an awesome day. xo


Wow, I have no answers other than I hate being cold and I hope you warm up soon. Sometimes, I am sitting there with a duvet over me and DH is there next to me, all warm blooded, wearing shorts and vest and barefoot. Drives me crazy!
Image

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS


Image
My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Re: TTC at 40

Postby Angelique76 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:44 pm

Oh no Simone!

I am also spotting at the moment. Not sure if it's a period, or residual from the op. I never got to talk to OB about that and he is on holiday at the moment. I don't know if I am to expect a period, or if D&C will make it much lighter for this month. Either way, it's 4 days early so not sure what it is.

Seems like all three our cycles will be pretty close to each other, and maybe we are destined to all get our BFP's at the same time :)
Married Ian, love of my life, 28 October 2004

Beautiful Miah 22 August 2008

MC: 2011; 2012 & 2016

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76
Member
Member
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 4:46 am
Location: South Africa

Re: TTC at 40

Postby SEL » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:08 am

Angelique76 wrote:Oh no Simone!

I am also spotting at the moment. Not sure if it's a period, or residual from the op. I never got to talk to OB about that and he is on holiday at the moment. I don't know if I am to expect a period, or if D&C will make it much lighter for this month. Either way, it's 4 days early so not sure what it is.

Seems like all three our cycles will be pretty close to each other, and maybe we are destined to all get our BFP's at the same time :)

I have no idea, I'm no help :| I guess because it is four days early, that it may be residual from op but who knows? Shame he's on hols.

AFM, well I have decided to not medicate this cycle. I'm still taking my ovaboost and other supps, but I want to give my body a break over the Summer from all of the meds (and save some moolah), for the IVF in the fall. We'll still do planned Bd'ing and I'll still temp and chart etc, but it will be unmedicated. I O on my own so that's good, we're still in with a chance there, but I guess I just want to give my body a break because I know there is going to be a ton of fertility meds in my future.

Oh and that would be so cool if we all got our BFP's at the same time? 8)
Image

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS


Image
My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Re: TTC at 40

Postby Twacky » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:11 am

indeed it would be amazing!
My other half is off to a conference in Hermanus for my ENTIRE FERTILE WEEK!!!!! I will maybe have one day to catch the egg Hahahahaha poor man, straight off the plane....
oh well....these things happen :-)
Ange if u don't warm up soon go and have a thyroid test.
Simone, sorry to hear af arrived. I think you're wise to rest your body in preparation for meds.
Dolphina where are you? How are you doing?
I dropped a mug of coffee on m laptop and it's gone to visit the doctor so I can't post much without wanting to take a hammer to my phone....screen too small, thumbs too big....ugh so many typos hate hate hate it LOL!
xxx
User avatar
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:00 am

Re: TTC at 40

Postby Angelique76 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:50 pm

Tracy - I hope that you catch that egg! All it takes it once :)

I have been a bit better on the getting cold front, but still not 100%. Funny thing is, doc did take blood for a thyroid test when I went in for my op. Will only get the results when I see him in July.

Simone - rest up :) Preparing your body is a good idea.

Yes, where is Dolphina?

Struggling to get into my work today, but guess I should try.

Have a good day ladies. xo
Married Ian, love of my life, 28 October 2004

Beautiful Miah 22 August 2008

MC: 2011; 2012 & 2016

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76
Member
Member
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 4:46 am
Location: South Africa

Re: TTC at 40

Postby SEL » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:47 am

Twacky wrote:My other half is off to a conference in Hermanus for my ENTIRE FERTILE WEEK!!!!! I will maybe have one day to catch the egg Hahahahaha poor man, straight off the plane....
oh well....these things happen :-)
xxx


Oh no! But as A said, you only need one BD and bingo, it can happen so hold on to that. But still...I feel your frustration. :fingers crossed:
Image

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS


Image
My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Re: TTC at 40

Postby SEL » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:53 am

Angelique76 wrote:Tracy - I hope that you catch that egg! All it takes it once :)

I have been a bit better on the getting cold front, but still not 100%. Funny thing is, doc did take blood for a thyroid test when I went in for my op. Will only get the results when I see him in July.

Simone - rest up :) Preparing your body is a good idea.

Yes, where is Dolphina?

Struggling to get into my work today, but guess I should try.

Have a good day ladies. xo


Glad you are a bit better - Hope you shake off whatever it is soon.

AFM, CD3, Af still here of course but feeling pretty good. Will start temping around cd5. Other than that, just the same old, same old. Boring part of the cycle lol!
Image

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS


Image
My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s