TTC at 40

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC at 40

Postby SEL » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:59 am

Dolphina - good luck for today - when do you get the results?

Ang - omg on the dpo! *twilight zone music plays in background* :D

T - I had cramping yesterday but other than that, nothing. But my temps have flatlined...... I'm determined to make my TWW more productive, so I am on a house cleaning/renovating binge for three days and then Sat morn of to NYC with DH to visit his mom for a couple of nights and then will come back Mon morning. I might test a day early, because 10dpo I will be down there and I don't want to spend ages in the loo staring at a stick like a diamond valuer! Ha! That will be my next purchase, one of those eye magnifiers (that they put over their eyes) to look at pee sticks :rofl:

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:48 pm

morning all, it's COLD and a bit wet here today. Not very inspiring weather as my kitchen is like a walk in fridge :-(
Ange, whenever it's miz here we blame the snow in the western cape :-P so it's all your fault lol!
Dolphina, update when you can xoxo still have fingers and toes all crossed.
Simone, I can just see you squinting through one of those doohickeys with a lamp angled just so hahaha!
afm, my temps plummeted on 6dpo just above coverline and have flatlined there. Chart looks sad but I'm not reading too much into it. cm is gloopy and white. Oh and i've become a gas powered model of late. So embarrassing.
The urge to test too early is starting to build up but I know it's such a waste of money....sigh
hey I was reading the insert for the clicks early test the other day, which ive never bothered to do before because, you know, after poas 6 854 325 times there's not much left to learn right? LOL hubris. hubris. I'm one who dips into a cup rather than actually p ing on the stick and ive always dipped for ten seconds god only knows why always ten, probably from
some long ago insert I read. So clicks early requires 20 seconds. Is that why my lines were so light maybe?
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Angelique76 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:26 am

Hi Tracy, if it's any consolation, we are freezing our proverbial nuts off here! And if it makes you feel better, we are getting lots of snow on the mountains this weekend again. :rofl: Sorry, but we, in Cape Town, cannot suffer alone. ;)

Dolphina - how did it go with the tests? Are you feeling better now?

Simone - how are the temps now? I must be honest, I don't really know how it all works with temping! After all this time, it's something I have not done. Maybe I should start.

Wednesday next week I see my OB. Whoop whoop!

Have an awesome day ladies. xo
Married Ian, love of my life, 28 October 2004

Beautiful Miah 22 August 2008

MC: 2011; 2012 & 2016

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby Twacky » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:57 am

Ange, when u get the go ahead try fertilityfriend.com and ovusoft.com for charting. It's easy and useful.
They both have charting apps now so it's even easier than it was when I started. I actually started with pen and paper lol, back in the stone age.
Simone, I caved and bought an ept. For tomorrow. Don't judge :-P...and you?
Dolphina...pretty please update...thinking of you!
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dolphina » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:42 pm

I am out again...Another BFN
Onto IUI#3 in a couple weeks

This cycle was opposite of the last. I didn't feel much this cycle with very, very few symptoms. During my first cycle I had cramps, extremely sensitive boobs, and heightened smells. This cycle, no cramping until toward the end which I believe was AF cramps.
I will go in next for my baseline and figure out what "recipe" we will be using next. I did purchase a basal temp to track as I see many people doing that.
Good luck to you ladies and hope you get your BFNs this month! I will be in touch again next week!
Have a great weekend!!
Dolphina
Friend

Postby Twacky » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:04 pm

BIG hugs Dolphina, take good care of yourself this weekend xxx
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Twacky » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:57 am

So I'm calling it a BFN today. A very light line came up immediately and then disappeared which has never happened before. Now I have a faint but definitely colourless evap. Boo :?
Happy Friday all!
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:22 am

Hey all.

Dolphina - I am so sorry about the BFN. Truly sucks. :x Go for it with the temping. It's free with Fertility Friend (unless you want the super dooper service but it is not necessary), and what is more, it really gives you a window as to what is going on with your body and your cycle. You can pick up a cheap BBT at any good pharmacist or online.

Angelique76 wrote: Simone - how are the temps now? I must be honest, I don't really know how it all works with temping! After all this time, it's something I have not done. Maybe I should start.

Wednesday next week I see my OB. Whoop whoop!

My temps are looking good still but I have AF pains. I think she is coming. WAIL :x :x :x So excited for you though for your appointment :)

Twacky wrote:So I'm calling it a BFN today. A very light line came up immediately and then disappeared which has never happened before. Now I have a faint but definitely colourless evap. Boo :?
Happy Friday all!

T - what the heck? I've had that before too. A line pops up on the test, you go to get your phone to take a pic and then it disappears. ugh!

AFM, well, I don't think that I am going to test. I have AF pains as I said and I am just not feeling it. My temps are still up but any day now I am expecting a downward slide. Meh.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Angelique76 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:36 am

Hi Ladies,

Hoping AF pains are actually implantation pains. Praying that AF stays away!

Dh likes to joke with me. He has a funny sense of humour and I totally get him... that is until this morning...

I told him that he needs to keep his sperm fresh (LOL) and started giving him folate. He also takes Vit B. He rolled his eyes at me and said "jy hak vas!" which translated means that I keep repeating myself. It's not the nicest thing to say. I started crying a little bit. And he said he was only joking (which I do know) and that he knows how serious I am about this. I told him when my mind is free from the normal daily things to think of, all I think of is TTC. He then said he understands and he is with me on the TTC. Normally I take the jokes, and joke back, but this morning I couldn't lol. Anyway, thanks for listening :) I think I may be PMSíng a bit at the moment.

Dolphina - sorry about the BFN. It will happen, just keep believing.

How is everyone this weekend?

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby Twacky » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:05 pm

Ange if it wasn't for men's ornamental ears women wouldn't turn into stuck records Lol! When I'm pmsing just about anything can make me cry or go ka boom so you are definitely not alone! Our other halves are awesome though hey? They do their best, we do our best.
My bfn/evap turned blue. wtf? Next cycle I'm going to waste R52.99 on a clicks early test BEFORE ovulation just to see if these lines pop up every time regardless.
The next frozen front makes landfall your side tonight so put on the electric blankets. There will even be snow in E Cape tomorrow!
Simone I hope you're enjoying the family visit. Have you really resisted the urge to test?
Dolphina, hugs for you, hope you're recruiting your strength and determination for the next merry go round.
xxx
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Angelique76 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:17 am

Hi Tracy,

We had loads of rain last night... and loads of snow on the mountains. We are going to freeze this next week. Sorry about the cold we are sending you.

Yeah, our dh's are the best. I love my man so much. Had a moment yesterday, but it's gone now and we continue to joke lol We have been together 16.5 years, one would think I wouldn't get so sensitive. But, you are right, pms makes us all a bit nuts.

Are you sure that isn't actually a positive? Did af arrive? With everything that people say about blue dye tests, mine in December were so deceiving, and I thought them to be false, but they weren't. It could still be possible, right? :noaf:

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby Dolphina » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:45 am

Weekend going well! Just sitting around with AF. I am curious where you are all from speaking of snow and things freezing. Obviously opposite of me since I'm in summer and 100+ degrees (F).
Twacky, any updates?
Dolphina
Friend

Postby Twacky » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Dolphina, glad you're ok and relaxing.
Angelique and I are about 900 km apart in South Africa. Which is not known for terrible winters but we have our moments! What gets to people from the northern hemisphere is how our buildings are not geared towards cold so no double glazing no central heating hahaha. We tough it out.

AF is not due till Tuesday or Wednesday so I will see how it goes.
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Angelique76 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:44 am

Tracy, I don't know how you remain so calm! :) I would be testing every day... haha. You will see soon enough! I still pray for you that it is actually a positive.

As for me, two days to follow up. I am going to speak to my doctor about increasing my metformin as well as a script for progesterone. I am going to talk to him about taking the low-dose aspirin as well. So many talk about taking it and that it can't do harm. So will see what he says.

DD was crying yesterday that all her friends are away with their granny's etc for the holiday (school holidays at the moment). So DH told her not to worry, that we are going to make a sister for her :) Shame. She doesn't like to be alone.

Hope that you are well having a great day.

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby Twacky » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:26 am

ha Ange I'm not calm I just cannot bring myself to march up to the dispensary of any of our 2 chemists and pick up another hpt under the eyes of people who have known my face for over twenty years!!!!! Why must they keep them there?? When I was in my mid thirties it was bearable but now they look at me skeef or even worse the clicks cashiers look at each other and giggle.
Anyhow I think I'm out.
Your appointment is so soon now! Write everything down or you'll end up back home thinking damn I forgot about the aspirin thing. It's going to be back on the bandwagon soon lol or is that rollercoaster?
Simone, did u have a good time this weekend? Do you still feel out this cycle?
I just realized 3 of us will be pmsing a the same time Hahahahaha! Good thing we're far apart ;-)
Dolphina, how are you doing this week?
xxx
Tracy
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s