TTC at 40

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC at 40

Postby Angelique76 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:48 am

I am patiently waiting for the delivery of my hpt's from The States LOL You see, the anticipation is already there. Here's to spending another fortune of tests :lol: Definitely a roller coaster!

That's the thing with small towns hey?! Shame man, maybe when you go out of town again, you must stock up on them. I know what you mean though. We spent about 6 months in a small town and it was quite hectic at times because everyone knows everyone else, and they know everyone's business. :) Small towns have their plus points though too.

PMS is hectic this month! Friggin hek! Will chat to him tomorrow. I have made a list, that I must remember to print today, to take with. You are too right, the brain doesn't work properly in the moment. Miah has asked me if she can go with to the appointment. I am a bit hesitant, but it's not a scan or anything like that, so I said it's fine. We can talk Afrikaans if it's anything serious. Although, she is learning the language quickly now.

Tracy and Simone... is af still at bay?

Dolphina, your time will come. I joked previously that we are all going to be pregnant at the same time. You never know!

xo A
Married Ian, love of my life, 28 October 2004

Beautiful Miah 22 August 2008

MC: 2011; 2012 & 2016

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby SEL » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:39 am

Hey ladies - Had a great weekend. :D Traffic in NY was an abomination - never travelling again on the weekend anywhere down there. Lots of crazy drivers and car accidents. I counted three on the way back.

Ha T - "ornamental ears" omg too funny. So know what you mean about buying tests in the pharmacy. There is one pharmacy in my town too. I feel ya.

Dolph - I'm A Brit born and bred, but moved to Australia when I was 21 and lived there for 10 years then moved to the States when I met my American DH. I moved back to the UK for a bit but decided the we prefer living in the States so we now live in Upstate NY (pretty much smack bang in the middle of the State). We bought a small house and a few acres and I love it.

Ang - awww, I am sorry you got tearful but we do understand. Come on here and vent as you are, we get it!

Well, I'm not sure what in the dickens is going on. I think I have a line on my test. I'm 13dpo. This was yesterdays test (12 DPO afternoon), What do you think?

http://a65.tinypic.com/281r8s1.jpg

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Angelique76 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:51 am

Simone!!! I see that!!! When are taking more tests to see progression. Gosh, I am so excited I am almost jumping out of my skin lol.

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby SEL » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:08 am

I am doing a hold (and some housework ha) and will pop into the only pharmacy in town and get a three pack of FRER. It might all be for nothing but then again it might be.... Hoping there is some progression.... :|

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:12 am

Tested on two different types of test. BFN. Just waiting for AF now...

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:21 am

damn Simone, I can see something there....were the other tests good brands? Who knows what the morning may bring!
I'm definitely out this time round. AF started while I was fabric shopping for my wedding dress. Bummer but anyway I refuse to be down.
gotta run!
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:53 pm

Twacky wrote:damn Simone, I can see something there....were the other tests good brands? Who knows what the morning may bring!
I'm definitely out this time round. AF started while I was fabric shopping for my wedding dress. Bummer but anyway I refuse to be down.
gotta run!

Yeah, it was with FRER and then I used a crappy blue dye, not even an evp on that. Plus, I just did the Q-Tip test and it was full of blood so she'll be here any day now. Yikes on her hitting you whilst you were shopping. Meanie!

Onward and upward though.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Angelique76 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:24 am

Sorry ladies. Onward and upward is right, onto the next cycle.

Appointment later today... can't think of much else lol

Have a lovely day ladies. xo

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby SEL » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:22 am

Good luck A for the appointment! So excited for you.

AF is here. Hello, my old friend. :roll:

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Dolphina » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:35 pm

Hey ladies!!
Simone I could see a faint line too. Sorry about AF.
I went back in for my baseline ultrasound this past Tuesday and everything looks good and I have started my mess again. Since the last recipe worked we are going to ry that one again...
Femara 7.5mg
Gonal F (2x)
And go back June 27 for ultrasound to see if I have any follies.
This will be iui#3 for us and hopefully this one will take!
Dolphina
Friend

Postby Angelique76 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:35 pm

Morning ladies,

Dolphina, praying that this is your cycle.

Simone, sorry about af. Yesterday is also cd1 for me.

I am beyond happy with my OB. Ok, so everything is fine. All tests are clear, there was a small septum which he corrected. He showed me the pics, tubes are clear, everything looks good. He started talking about the fact that I need support in pregnancy, progesterone is low. It is what I have suspected all along. So, I have a script for progesterone, to start 3DPO. If successful, I will start low dose aspirin from the time we see a heart beat and he then wants me to take additional calcium as well. I just pray that we are as lucky as we normally are with getting it right the first shot.

I have been taking extra folate. He told me to stop as my supplements have enough in. Apparently too much folate is linked to autism, so I have stopped.

Here's the funny part... I have been giving Ian folate! Doctor laughed so much, and said I don't need to give it to him. Poor DH just takes whatever I give him. So I won't be giving him that anymore.

OB realises what it's like for woman who has lost previous pregnancies. He told me he realised a few years ago when he had a patient, who at 36 weeks asked if it is ok to start getting excited. He said he was completely shocked and never realised the stress and anxiety that happens after rpl. So, his added advice was, if we have a positive, to enjoy it. He is so awesome.

So ladies, my status is officially TTC again! I am over the moon happy.

I hope that you will all have a super-awesome day. xoxo

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby lachlan2 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:33 am

Hi
oh i see the posts end up down the bottom here. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction with regards to first steps for trying to conceive, at 43
lachlan2

Postby Angelique76 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:18 am

Welcome Lachlan2,

Are you currently on any supplements or would you like information about that? Would this be your first time ttc?

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby SEL » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:15 am

Welcome lachlan! I would start with a good pre natal vitamin, Ubiquinol, good clean diet and OPK's. If you use an opk you will know when to have intercourse which will maximize your chances.
Dolphina wrote:Hey ladies!!
Simone I could see a faint line too. Sorry about AF.
I went back in for my baseline ultrasound this past Tuesday and everything looks good and I have started my mess again. Since the last recipe worked we are going to ry that one again...
Femara 7.5mg
Gonal F (2x)
And go back June 27 for ultrasound to see if I have any follies.
This will be iui#3 for us and hopefully this one will take!

I hope so too and it sounds like a great recipe. 3rd time's the charm right? :D
Angelique76 wrote:Morning ladies,

Dolphina, praying that this is your cycle.

Simone, sorry about af. Yesterday is also cd1 for me.

I am beyond happy with my OB. Ok, so everything is fine. All tests are clear, there was a small septum which he corrected. He showed me the pics, tubes are clear, everything looks good. He started talking about the fact that I need support in pregnancy, progesterone is low. It is what I have suspected all along. So, I have a script for progesterone, to start 3DPO. If successful, I will start low dose aspirin from the time we see a heart beat and he then wants me to take additional calcium as well. I just pray that we are as lucky as we normally are with getting it right the first shot.

I have been taking extra folate. He told me to stop as my supplements have enough in. Apparently too much folate is linked to autism, so I have stopped.

Here's the funny part... I have been giving Ian folate! Doctor laughed so much, and said I don't need to give it to him. Poor DH just takes whatever I give him. So I won't be giving him that anymore.

OB realises what it's like for woman who has lost previous pregnancies. He told me he realised a few years ago when he had a patient, who at 36 weeks asked if it is ok to start getting excited. He said he was completely shocked and never realised the stress and anxiety that happens after rpl. So, his added advice was, if we have a positive, to enjoy it. He is so awesome.

So ladies, my status is officially TTC again! I am over the moon happy.

I hope that you will all have a super-awesome day. xoxo

Ang - OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my gosh! I am so happy for you. What a GREAT visit you had. Welcome to officially TTC! Totally agree with the progesterone support! It can only help!

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Dolphina » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:48 am

Congrats Ang!! Maybe August will be a bfp for us all!!!
Welcome lachlan2!! Are you trying naturally or with meds?
Dolphina
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s