TTC at 40

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: TTC at 40

Postby Twacky » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:06 pm

hi ladies, big hugs all round xoxo
Monday I get a new laptop at last (so I will be around more often)
Wishing all a wonderful weekend.
T
Twacky
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MercyMe » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi Twacky! Yay for a new laptop. It will be fun having you around more. Has anyone had their AMH tested? Mine is 1.75 but I can't meet with the doctor for weeks and I'm wondering if it's good bad or horrible.
MercyMe

Postby Twacky » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 am

I found this, hope it helps

Normal AMH levels (1.5 to 4.0 ng/ml) are associated with increased fertility and better response rates to fertility treatments.
Twacky
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MercyMe » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:38 am

Oh thanks! Sounds like good news.
MercyMe

Postby Momof9treasures » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:26 pm

Random thought yesterday: at least as older, more experienced, moms, we don't think an itchy ear or a pain in our left elbow or feet going to sleep are pregnancy symptoms. I feel so sorry for some of the young girls posting in the "am I pregnant" section. Oh, and...good to "see" you twacky!
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momof9treasures » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:03 am

So...5 years ago, when ttc my now 4 year old, I had yeast that lasted 8 months and no treatments worked. I went to the doctor 4 times and ended up at a naturopath (some serious voodoo stuff went on that freaked me out). She told me to eliminate wheat, sugar, dairy, processed foods, and white rice and potatoes (only red potatoes). Within 4 days the yeast was gone and 6 weeks later, I found out I was pregnant. I thought the diet did it, which I'm sure it did to a large extent, but she also gave me a zeolite supplement. It detoxes your body and eliminates heavy metals and toxins. After battling my current yeast/bv issues with everything under the sun - prescription, otc, home remedies, it occurred to me that it may have actually been the zeolite. So...one more thing added to my regimen. We'll see where this goes. Expensive experiment, but if I end up healthy, and pregnant, it's worth it. My husband should be in town for ovulation this month. Hopefully my girl issues will be resolved and we won't fight. I'm sure there will be some wrench thrown in the process but I'm hopeful.
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Twacky » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:08 am

Hey Ladies,

So, how is everyone?
Momof9, I hope the xeolite works before O, how much time do you have for it to take effect? Touch wood, I haven't had a yeast infection for years, you must be going nuts!
Mercy, what's your current ttc plan of action?

I have to be honest and say i'm not truly ttc, more ntnp. DH has been ill, and terribly stressed at work and I can't seem to get my s**t together at the moment. All I'm trying to do is get him better and not get sick myself! This cycle is probably a total bust but FF says I ovulated early which puts our last bd at O-3. Not good but not impossible, lol. So I'm 11dpo and have run out of hpts already :rofl:

Greetings also to anyone else over 40 who are lurking about xoxo hope we all have a fabulous day!

Tracy

PS: New laptop is awesome lol!
Twacky
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Momof9treasures » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:34 pm

It starts detoxing right away but for full effects, probably a month. One more day of antibiotics for bv but it's not feeling gone so might get more. Cd2.
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momof9treasures » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:32 am

My opk's went from negative, empty circle to positive, solid smiley, in a matter of hours two months in a row. Does this have anything to do with being old?! We managed to dtd twice but I don't think I actually ovulated! No cramps like usual. We'll see.
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Twacky » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Im not sure Momof9...i have heard that our fsh rises as we age but thr precise effect that has on the lh surge...? I don't know. I just bought a huge pack of opks for the first time, i'll soon see if I have a similar pattern.
I hope you DID ovulate. fx
Twacky
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Twacky » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:52 pm

I found this...
As women age, the length of time their body releases LH hormone decreases so it helps to test every four hours (noon, 4pm, 8pm) if you are over 40 so you don’t miss your LH surge. Plus, you are likely to catch other problems like a negative test result because you drank a lot of water and the concentration of LH in your urine is to low to show a positive result even though you are experiencing your LH surge.
Twacky
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Momof9treasures » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:32 pm

Interesting. If I looked at the lines on the test, they were getting darker but still showed an empty circle. Who knows. But if anyone is battling chronic bv/yeast, boric acid suppositories (compounded at a pharmacy) at night and hydrogen peroxide wash (aka douche) in the morning! Miserable hell, that was!
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MercyMe » Thu May 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry to be out of the loop but for some reason all of these messages ended up in my spam. Anyways I'm still here. And believe it or not I am pregnant. I just got my bfo this afternoon. I am still in complete shock so join me.
MercyMe

Postby Momof9treasures » Thu May 03, 2018 7:33 pm

Holy cow! Congratulations! Keep us posted on progress. So what was your formula?!
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MercyMe » Fri May 04, 2018 3:05 am

Exactly the opposite of everything you're supposed to do! I told my husband I was done trying. We packed up all of our baby stuff and posted it for giving away on our church website. I went off my diet started making my own bread drinking copious amounts of wine and eating ice cream or cookies everyday. I didn't track my ovulation, only the days we dtd. And I have no symptoms. I only tested bc I was day 33. Can't believe it. I will keep you guys posted. Hope the little bean sticks. Momof9 how are you feeling? Twacky I'm so glad you love your new puter!
MercyMe

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s