2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: TTC at 40

Postby mimimama » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:27 pm

tingham- amazing, huge congrats!
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Twacky » Tue May 02, 2017 12:51 am

Hi ladies :hi: :hi:

I've been following your thread but couldn't post as I could never log in. Have that problem sorted now, apparently I registered back in the stone age and completely forgot about it :rofl: .
Congratulations Tingham! :happyforyou: It's awesome to see :bfp: s in our 'category' !!!

I will be 46 in July, have been ttc or ntnp on and off since I was 34. No issues were ever found apart from slightly short LP, slightly elevated testosterone and somewhat long cycles in my 30's which my gynecologist discounted completely. Now that I am in my forties I am as regular as clockwork, my LP is a healthy 13 days and I just had a surprise chemical in March.

Hello again Baby Fever...I thought I was at peace with this childlessness and have just quit my job and planning to get married again in 2018... am I crazy?

So, it's quiet here, but I'm happy to chat and obsess or just listen.
Tracy xxx
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Tue May 02, 2017 4:15 am

Tracy - omg goodness, I would love to have someone my age to speak with and who knows just how it is! Please hang around!

Sorry about your chemical - I have had a few myself but am eagerly awaiting that golden egg.

And no, you are totally not crazy. I quit the world of employment when I was 39 (five years ago) and am loving it. It's so much more stress free. I do miss the extra wage but you learn to make do.

We are thinking of doing IVF beginning of Fall but I'm not 100% in love with the idea. Just trying to put my trust in God. I do take supps and temp and chart but that is about it.

It's so hard in your forties ttc, you have to worry about egg quality and hormones etc but when you hear stories like Tinghams, it makes you feel hopeful. :D

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Tue May 02, 2017 4:51 am

Hi SEL, nice to meet you. I doubt anyone is "100%" mad about the idea of IVF, it's a daunting prospect but if your OH is supportive and it won't destroy you financially.....well, you know what's right for you. I decided long ago not to go that route as where I live it is prohibitively expensive and my first hubby was not all that keen on being a dad. Poor man tried to want to to keep me happy but...water under the bridge.
My fiancee is a bit older than me and that also complicates matters a bit.
Tell me what you have tried so far and what issues you have, if you don't mind my asking?
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Tue May 02, 2017 8:45 am

Hi,

Yes, the cost of IVF is one of the factors (as it is not covered by our insurance). I just don't know how I would feel if I shelled out the $10,500 per cycle and then did not conceive....kinda daunting. We both have children from our previous marriages but none together. DH would prefer to try IUI before IVF and I guess that is cheaper.....much cheaper... I really need to think about it as it would mean getting a loan out and I'm just kind of "meh" about it. I really REALLY want a baby but do I want to be paying off a loan for three years...not sure.

My DH is older than me too (16 years) but it works you know? He had a SA and it was all good and we've had some success with falling pg but my progesterone levels were a bit wonky so I think that contributed to the early losses. I now take estrogen before O, ovaboost, co q 10, royal jelly and bee pollen (so does DH) and Guaifenesin around O time. After O I take progesterone and vitamin D, C and Folic acid. I was drinking the "Fertlitea" but that gave me headaches so I stopped (think it was the vitex in it).

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Thu May 04, 2017 2:16 am

SEL, so our 'other halves' are also of a similar age :) there's a fifteen and a half year difference between myself and my fiancee and I'm one day ahead of you cycle-wise! I expect to ovulate today or tomorrow but will probably not try very hard this cycle as Murphy's Law rules my life and to conceive now would put my due date smack bang on our planned wedding day next year.
How is it going with you?

Any other 40+ ladies about?

Anyway, I do hope we all have a fabulous day xxx
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Thu May 04, 2017 4:21 am

My DH will be 61 in August (but you wouldn't know it). People are surprised when they hear his age as he looks like he is in his forties. He laps that up of course lol! :D

I think I am o'ing today as well. I got a pos opk yesterday. Could not do the deed last night (DH found a mouse in the kitchen just before bd time and he is a complete germ-a-phobe) :roll: so that basically meant that his skin was crawling all night and he would not have been able to keep his mind on the task. He recovered and we DTD this morning before he left for work, not liking my chances much but hey ho, it is what it is.

Yes, if there are any 40+ ladies about don't just sit there and read, come join us. :D

Oh by the way, my name is Simone. :D

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Fri May 05, 2017 5:57 am

Hey Simone, well done on getting in some bd. It would be bloody wonderful if you got knocked up this cycle!
I'm feeling a bit sick today so forgive the brief post.
Have a great weekend all you fortysomethings xxx T
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Fri May 05, 2017 6:45 am

Bloody wonderful it would be indeed! Have to ask - are you English? I am (Kent, London and Norfolk now living in rural upstate NY).

Get well soon.

Oh, my temp did not rise this morning so we DTD again. I am so hoping my temp rises tomorrow. :?

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Sat May 06, 2017 4:43 am

well I am English-speaking, and my ancestors were all Settlers from various parts of England but they came over to Southern Africa in the 1820's and been here ever since. I live in a small University town called Grahamstown in sunny S Africa. I visited the UK for the first time last Christmas. I kept hoping for snow. It snowed a few days after we left lol!
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Sat May 06, 2017 9:57 am

Ohhh lovely, you are in SA? Nice!

The UK is very pretty isn't it?

My temp is still down - hope it shoots up tomorrow and I hope this was not an anovulatory cycle. That would suck. :cry:

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Mon May 08, 2017 1:28 pm

How's it going? Have you ovulated yet? My temp went up at last this morning. A bit later than usual but oh well, I dont think much of our chances this month anyway. Our house was burgled while we were out today so feeling a bit insecure this evening :-(
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Tue May 09, 2017 6:22 am

Hi! OMG. That's terrible and I totally understand why you are feeling insecure. The damn cheek of people thinking they can come in to your home and personal space. :x We have ADT and two dogs. We have never been burgled but I have had a prowler before which scared the heck out of me, so now we have an alarm system and cameras etc. Hope you feel better soon about it all. Seriously, the nerve of some people.

Yes, I did ovulate and FF originally had me at 4dpo today but I put in this mornings temp and it changed me to 6dpo. :? Yay on your temp jump. Welcome to the tww! :D

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Mon May 15, 2017 3:04 am

How are you Tracey?

Simone
TTC #4