TTC at 40

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC at 40

Postby Twacky » Mon May 15, 2017 11:56 am

ack! I typed a reply and my phone died as I hit submit!
since it is bedtime at the bottom of Africa I will wish u goodnight and promise to post tomorrow. hope all is well with u.
xxx
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Tue May 16, 2017 12:03 pm

No worries - just wondered if you were feeling any better after the break in.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Wed May 17, 2017 3:37 am

Hello ladies, hope you're all doing well this wednesday.

Simone, I do feel better as we had the door and security gate fixed. And we are being more diligent about setting the alarm when we go out. We had slacked off a bit because we worried that our cat would trigger the alarm but the pet-friendly beams seem to be working! No false alarms!

How goes your 2ww?
Mine has been boring. Our chances this month are small. I tried using OPKs this cycle and they didn't match up with my temps so i don't even know where I am.
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Twacky » Wed May 17, 2017 9:23 am

pre af type spotting 4ish days early, poooooh!
don't even say the 'I' word lol, it's EXACTLY like pre af spotting and just proves my temps are off this cycle.
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Angelique76 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:51 am

Hello ladies,

My name is Angie. I turned 40 in November 2016. I am also in South Africa :)

We have a DD who will be 9 this year. I have had 3mc and we will be ttc from July again. I have to go in for an op to have a polyp removed and doc will run a string of tests. He suspects sticky blood. If that is the issue, apparently, it is easily treated.

I am so happy to find an active 40+ ttc forum. :)
Married Ian, love of my life, 28 October 2004

Beautiful Miah 22 August 2008

MC: 2011; 2012 & 2016

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby SEL » Fri May 19, 2017 5:01 am

Hello Angelique! That's one of my favorite names btw!

I am so sorry for your losses. I have been there and boy does it sting still.

I'm taking this cycle off ttc as I have a lot of crops to plant/outdoor work but I will check in every day and cheer you all on and swap tips. It is lovely having some older women to talk to so thanks for posting. I know Tracey will be happy too! :D

Tracey - I'm glad you are feeling better about things. I hear you on the "just knowing" that it is AF and not the "I" word. Sometimes, you just know! :| My AF is due today. I'm spotting too. :|

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Angelique76 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:59 am

Thank you for the welcome SEL.

Loss is never easy. I try not to dwell on it too much because I will get too dark and I just feel I need to remain positive that it will happen soon. DD so badly wants a brother or sister (preferably a sister but I told her that it doesn't matter as long as baby is born and healthy).

I have done the "normal" obsessing thing... like eating yams (sweet potato) increased FSH, and low dose aspirin helps, and and and lol

Some days I wish we didn't have the knowledge we do. In the old days woman never knew about the 2ww etc. They were told to see the doctor if they missed 2 periods LOL Imagine that now.

Would love to be of support and looking forward to having some too. xo

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby Twacky » Fri May 19, 2017 11:02 pm

Welcome Angie! Whereabouts in SA are you? So sorry for your losses, I can't imagine how that feels. I had just one chemical but it was not too hard to bear as it was over before that second line had even sunk in.
I hope your upcoming tests bring you answers.
Simone, you sound like you have your hands full! What are you planting?
Both sides of my family come from farming stock but most of the farms were lost early in my grandparents generation. My dad still refuses point blank to live in town.
So af arrived yesterday. It was a weird cycle, more like they were in my 30's which worries me. Hoping it's just the aftereffects of the cp.
Happy Weekend ♥♥♥
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Angelique76 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:08 am

Hi Twacky. Thank you. I am in Cape Town :)

Thank you for the well wishes. I can't wait to ttc but at the same time I am so scared. But that is life lol

I hope that your cycle regulates well and that you have your BFP soon.

I hope that you also have an awesome weekend.

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby Angelique76 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:49 pm

Hi ladies,

I hope that you are all doing well and that you had a great weekend?

Feeling a bit bummed today. I appear to have bronchitis. :( From what I have read they won't perform surgery for at least a month. Anybody have any info on this? I just want to ttc LOL

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby SEL » Mon May 22, 2017 7:04 am

Oh No Angelique - sorry to hear that. I have no idea about the surgery aspect. I did some research and it seems that you only need it if you are going to have a removal of a damaged lung or lung transplantation? Or am I wrong? I hope you are not that far along that you would need that, you poor thing.... I will add you to my prayer list. This link was helpful, but like I said, I know nothing http://www.cornellsurgery.org/pro/healt ... hitis.html

As for the TTC, I am not sure if any of the medications they put you on will interfere or not...make sure you tell them that you are TTC when they are prescribing them. Hopefully, they can find some other way to deal with all of this and give you some alternative meds that are TTC friendly.

Tracey - Yes, sometimes cycles can be a bit wonky after a loss. I'm sure they'll settle down. Are you doing the baby aspirin thing?

I am planting corn (lots of it), onions, eggplant, peppers, rhubarb (love a good rhubarb crumble), melons, butternut squash, tomatoes, zucchini you name it! We have established apple, pear and cherry trees and a northern kiwi bush. we also have back berries and raspberries. All organic/non gmo. This is my first time growing so wish me luck! I love gardening. :hb: Wow, that's bad about the farming history in your family's past. I don't blame your Dad. I try not to, but I hold grudges! :D

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Mon May 22, 2017 7:11 am

Hey Angie,
the weekend was ok but with af it was a little painful. The weather was divine tho, faaaar too good for late May! We are all holding our breath waiting for someone to open the freezer door before Fest. How is it in the Cape? We don't watch tv so never have a clue what the weather's doing elsewhere. But whatever cold fronts you guys get usually reaches us in about 2 days.
Sorry to hear about the bronchitis...that sucks! It must be pretty bad to affect your surgery.
If coughing gets you down try sucking on whole cloves. It tastes yuck but I swear on my honour it works like a charm. One of our local farmer's wives gave me that tip.
She gets bronchitis every year.
Simone, how are you doing? Working like a Trojan I guess :-)
I am currently breaking in my replacement in the bakery, making Ploughmans Pickle and experimenting with crackers and rye sourdoughs.
xxx
Tracy
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Twacky » Mon May 22, 2017 7:13 am

haha Simone you posted seconds before me!
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Angelique76 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:56 am

Hi Tracy - Thanks for the well wishes. I am not used to being ill. This is my 2nd sick day in 4 years. But, can't say I am not enjoying the time in bed doing my own thing. We are having unseasonable weather as well. It is too hot for this time as well. No rain in sight. There is no wind, no rain, and we are in one of the worst droughts ever. They are planning to go under Table Mountain, and other places, to try and fill the dams with water. Will try the cloves if I don't get better soon. Thanks for the advice :)

Good luck with the training.

Hi Simone - Thank you for the info. I will look into it. It must be so rewarding growing crops. Some days I tell Ian (dh) that I wish we could just go off, get a piece of land, and live off it.

I hope that you all have a super day. I have my three fur-kids with me. DD has an outing today, but she was initially trying to angle to stay with me for the day. Bless her! But I need some time to just be lazy.

xoxo

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby Twacky » Tue May 23, 2017 2:33 am

Enjoy the day in bed xxx
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster