How is everyone doing?
Married Ian, love of my life, 28 October 2004

Beautiful Miah 22 August 2008

MC: 2011; 2012 & 2016

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Re: TTC at 40

Postby Twacky » Thu May 25, 2017 11:37 am

Hi Angie, how are you feeling? Did the day in bed help at all?
All is well here, not much happening at the moment.
Simone, how is the planting going? Are you exhausted?
I'm on cd 7, are we still pretty close cd-wise?
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Angelique76 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:25 am

Hi Tracy,
Yes, thank you, the day in bed helped a lot. :)

I hope that you all have an awesome day. It's the weekend. :)

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby SEL » Fri May 26, 2017 4:43 am

Hello ladies. Just popping in to see how you all are.

Nothing much going on here. Body aching from bending and planting lol but all in all pretty good. :D

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

On a TTC weight loss fitness break until my IVF in late fall.
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Angelique76 » Wed May 31, 2017 3:40 am

Hi ladies, how is everyone doing? Tracy are you getting ready for the bd? You should be ready pretty soon?

I have less than two weeks to my visit with my OB and then op a day or two later. It feels like forever, but also like it's gone quickly. If all goes well, we will be ttc in the first week of July. yay

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby Twacky » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:53 am

Hi all,
Sorry to be so quiet, it has been a busy week! I am prepping for our monthly market this saturday, cooking,baking, preserving etc
Angie, how are you? The time will go quickly, two weeks only go by slowly when you are waiting to O or POAS, all other times it flies :rofl:
So roll on July for you!
July is my birthday month and I'm turning 46 :omg: As for bd, I suppose you are right and I should be getting to it but...so busy! and DF has a cold. But I still have time so don't worry. I should O between cd16 and cd19 which is between Saturday and Tuesday I think. I think one of the enormous upsides of being older and TTC is that you learn to let go and accept what comes...but don't quote me, I am sure there are many peeps who will disagree.
Simone, how are you doing?
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:12 am

Hi Tracey and Angelique, all well here. Planting corn seedlings in the veg patch. Very muddy and my old lady muscles are killing me! I have 1035 to go!!

Tracey - that sounds great about the monthly market. Mmmmmm. Sending you many :fertilization: helpful vibes and hope you catch the eggie.

Angelique - roll on July, good luck for the op.

Am enjoying my cycle off and it is nice not to thinking about ttc and fertile windows etc but will be ready to try again next cycle. Other than that, everything is pretty good. Am off to NYC for a birthday party this weekend so am looking forward to that. :mrgreen:

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:01 am

Simone, that's a shedload of corn! (Mealies to us in SA)
Although we are headed into winter I have planted some tiny patches of cold weather veg in my miniscule yard. I even put a few bush beans in between my asparagus in the hopes that our sheltered little garden will keep them going. I don't dream of squash or tomatoes tho....but winter is over relatively quickly here so by end august I will be planting summer seedlings.
Angie, what's this I hear CT is headed for some rain next week!?! :ptl: I hope it comes down in buckets in all the right catchment areas.
Have a happy weekend everyone xxx
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Angelique76 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:36 am

Hi Ladies,

Simone - you have more energy than I do! I have to try really hard to remember to water my plants! lol

Tracy - I pray that we will actually get the rain! There have been a number of days they said it would rain and then it didn't. We really need it though. We will start buying some bottled water just to make sure we have some and also before they start pushing the prices up. I do believe that God will send us some rain. There is live stock that is also really suffering. The animals need to be taken care of as well :( But all will be fine.

I have been researching where to buy bulk pregnancy tests here in SA. This business of buying one or more at a time can become very expensive. Tracy... any suggestions?

Do you ladies track O days, and if so is it temping or sticks? I have never done any of it. I have always fallen preg quite easily but wonder if it won't hurt to try.

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby Twacky » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:25 am

Hi Angie,
I track my bbt and CM with the ovagraph app and try to BD when I see EWCM. I've tried opks but really, those Clicks OPKs which are the only ones I can get NEVER show any kind of a decent line until way after the max time and frankly I have never seen one look properly positive. Properly negative yes lol but not once was the test line as dark as the control for me. I read somewhere that OPKs aren't so reliable for the over 40 brigade. And also, pardon my rant, but the insert says to test at least 5 days but they only give you 4 per pack and they aren't cheap! I saw the CB OPKs at Clicks but waaaaaaaay out of my price bracket!!!
I seriously think that all you really need is to pay attention to CM, get enough BD in when you are fertile and temp to confirm O.
I also wish we could buy HPTs in bulk easier here. I am a POASaholic I'm afraid. You can order some via Loot.co.za, I have seen them on bidorbuy too. I paid off and cut up my credit card years ago so I don't order online anymore. I used to buy a heap of Internet cheapies back in my thirties but I can't remember from where.
Let me know if you find a good affordable source please! I live in a small town with only 2 pharmacies and they all know me :oops:

Hey Simone are you still hard at work???
I managed to BD just the once during my 'fertile time', unfortunately, since the CP my signs no longer match up and my temp is still low tho I am SURE I already ovulated. Frustrating. But anyhoo, I'm glad we managed even once what with all that was going on.

Wishing us all, including any silent stalkers, a fabulous week xoxoxo
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Angelique76 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:12 am

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for the response. It's good to hear from you.

Tests in SA are not cheap at all. When I was preg in December I spent a small fortune on tests because... well, I suppose because I am also a POASaholic LOL.

I found 5 tests OPK's at Take-a-lot.com https://www.takealot.com/new-family-ovu ... ID41465161 I am not sure if this is a good price or not. Seems to be quite a bit to me. And then for bulk preg tests, also on Takealot.com https://www.takealot.com/pregnancy-test ... ID39991914 The nice thing is they deliver. Other than that, I don't know where to get them in SA without breaking the bank.

All the best in your tww. Saying a little prayer for you.

Hope you ladies have a good day. We are gearing up for the worst storm in 30 years. It will be bringing with it much needed rain. YAY. Schools are closed tomorrow, and we have actually decided to close office for the day. Be safe. xo

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby Twacky » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:32 am

oh wow Ang, sounds hectic! I didn't realize it was going to be that bad. Good luck and stay warm and dry.
xxx
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:37 pm

Ugh, I have finally managed to post on here. For some reason, every time I clicked reply it would log me out and make me try ti sign back in, bu then not accept my username and password. This was on MS Edge so I am using Chrome now for TWW! Frustrating!

I have been sick with a virus - omg, DH and I both had it and all I can say is I felt awful. Still have the tail end of it but the worst is gone.

Tracey -well done for DTD in your fertile window. I hope you get lucky! I just use cheapies (wondfo opk) and they work well, but I won't go near the CB ones -to much $$$'s!

Angelique - yikes on the rain! It's been raining here in upstate NY for three whole days. The back garden is like a soup bowl and I'm spending most of my time drying off the dogs after they come in from doing their business. Hope you are safe and still have power.

AFM, well I o'd and had the most painful ovulation everrrrrr. So bad I could not sleep much last night. We DTD but I'm not trying this cycle and did not take any meds so I highly doubt that if anything good happened that anything will come of it. Will be trying properly again next cycle. Other than that, all good.

Stay safe everyone!

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:54 pm

hi Simone glad you are recovering
I thought you were just recovering from all that corn lol! Sounds like a vile virus, what sort was it? Flu sort or tummy bug sort?
I was woken just now at 5 by a cat fight and went outside to find my cat...a gale force berg wind has sprung up here so Cape Town must be blowing into the Atlantic!!!
Ange good luck I hope your roof stays on.
Happy Wednesday xxx
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Angelique76 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:54 am

Morning ladies,

Simone - I am sorry to hear that you have been sick but glad to hear that you are on the mend. And fingers crossed for you, sometimes when you give it the least effort you get your surprise :)

Tracy - our roof is on but part of our fence is not lol. I woke up this morning and it was windy but didn't look too bad. It was quite hectic in the middle of the night. Loads of lightning so dd, our two cats and dog were not happy. It's unusual for us to get so much lightning. I thought the worst was over but then my Mom told me the worst is yet to come. So we are staying in doors, listening to the rain and staying warm.

I am currently taking cortisone in the hope that it will clear my chest up enough to have my op next week. I am having quite strong o this month and feel so frustrated that we have to wait. But better safe than sorry. I pray that it will be as strong next month.

I bought folate now, which is apparently the natural form of folic acid and is better absorbed by the body. I have read that synthesized folic acid can lead to cancers long term. But anyhoo, doing whatever I can to better our chances.

I hope that you ladies have a good day. Back to the covers for me :)

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s