TTC at 40

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC at 40

Postby SEL » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:56 am

Angelique76 wrote:Hi ladies,

Well, OB apt went well, sort of. He discovered today that I have a septum. He will correct on Thursday if all goes well and the medical aid approves the procedure. So, he has listed me for septum correction, polyp removal, so a hysteroscopy. He will put in a copper t to help the healing, to be removed in 6 weeks time. So ttc delayed a little more but like OB says we have to do what we can to ensure that the environment is prime for making a baby. I was feeling a bit bummed out about it, but am ok now. I just want to make a baby lol All good things to those who wait.

It appears that dd is an absolute miracle and that she attached in just the right place.

Tracy, all the best for the testing. I am praying you get your BFP this month.

Simone, I know you said you were not hopeful but I am praying that it works for you too.

I hope that you are all having a good day.

Ang - I think that that your attitude is great and you are thinking all of the right things - you have to get the womb in tip top shape and you just wait, that six weeks will fly by! Your DD really is one in a million! :D

I have some tests arriving today in the afternoon so I will test but as you know, I am not hopeful. Will post a pic if there is anything. I have FRER left to confirm if there is anything. I'm looking forward to the next cycle though of full on TTC.

Weather is nice here, nearly finished with the planting of the corn. My old lady leg muscles are killing me! I am so unfit ha! I am now working on peppers, onions and black beauty aubergine.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Dolphina » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:50 am

Hello,
New to the group. Over 40 and TTC
May 2017 IUI...BFN
Would love to hear more about what you did differently the 2nd time or what to ask the RE. I am on femara and gonal F (single shot) with trigger shot scheduled day before IUI as long as body responds and produces some follies.
Dolphina
Friend

Postby SEL » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:12 am

Hi Dolphina and :welcome:

Sounds like you are already on the ball with things. I have three grown-up children and a grand daughter, I'm now 44 and I was tested and ovarian reserve is still good. I did have low progesterone so I have to take that after ovulation and I take a baby aspirin and ovaboost and co q 10 for egg quality. If no summer bfp we are thinking of trying IVF but it's out of pocket and 25K for three tries (including the meds so I don't know,.......)

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:03 am

Hi Dolphina, welcome!
I don't know anything firsthand about IUI but always happy to listen and learn.
Simone, Angie, I have a line....but it's a blue dye cos I can't find a pink dye early test! !!!! I don't know what to think. It was just a shadow of a line inside the time frame but is now a light but bright blue. Of course my phone camera can't pick it up.
Maybe the craziest evap of all time?
No symptoms. Zip, zero and zilch.
ack! now to wait and see....
Hope everyone is well...think of me trying to sleep tonight LOL
T
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Angelique76 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:34 am

Welcome Dolphina. Sorry I also don't have experience with IUI but wish you all the best.

OMW Tracy.... YAY YAY YAY!!! That is soooo awesome. I am so happy for you and am sending you loads of baby dust. Will you test tomorrow again?

Simone - what is co q 10 and what does it do? Wow, IVF is quite expensive. I pray for you that it won't get to that.

I finally received my hospital authorisation from the medical aid. It took a while because I am in the first year of membership with this medical aid. I was getting myself so worked up but they came through just in the nick of time. So tomorrow doc will correct my septum, test my thyroid, for lupus and will do an Inherited Thrombatic screen. And of course, insert the Copper T IUD. UID will be removed in 6 weeks time... I hope it doesn't hurt. I have had no experience with such things. Say a little prayer for me please ladies. And so it begins.

Have an awesome evening.
Married Ian, love of my life, 28 October 2004

Beautiful Miah 22 August 2008

MC: 2011; 2012 & 2016

TTC- August 2017
Angelique76

Postby Twacky » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:20 am

Awesome Ange, I will be thinking of u tomorrow! Funny how time draaaags and then suddenly things get moving. Good luck with the op xxx
I will test again tomorrow with an ordinary clicks pink dye test. If its bfn I'll beg my sis to go buy me more at the pharmacy Lol. It may be an evap, or another cp. We shall see.
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:21 am

Twacky wrote:Hi Dolphina, welcome!
I don't know anything firsthand about IUI but always happy to listen and learn.
Simone, Angie, I have a line....but it's a blue dye cos I can't find a pink dye early test! !!!! I don't know what to think. It was just a shadow of a line inside the time frame but is now a light but bright blue. Of course my phone camera can't pick it up.
Maybe the craziest evap of all time?
No symptoms. Zip, zero and zilch.
ack! now to wait and see....
Hope everyone is well...think of me trying to sleep tonight LOL
T

Oh my word! I hope this is is for you Tracey! FX :praying:

You are not going to believe this, but I have got a line on a cheapie. I'll try and upload a pic. I'm doing another hold and am peeing again at 2pm my time. I started on my progesterone just in case....

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:22 am

Angelique76 wrote:Welcome Dolphina. Sorry I also don't have experience with IUI but wish you all the best.

OMW Tracy.... YAY YAY YAY!!! That is soooo awesome. I am so happy for you and am sending you loads of baby dust. Will you test tomorrow again?

Simone - what is co q 10 and what does it do? Wow, IVF is quite expensive. I pray for you that it won't get to that.

I finally received my hospital authorisation from the medical aid. It took a while because I am in the first year of membership with this medical aid. I was getting myself so worked up but they came through just in the nick of time. So tomorrow doc will correct my septum, test my thyroid, for lupus and will do an Inherited Thrombatic screen. And of course, insert the Copper T IUD. UID will be removed in 6 weeks time... I hope it doesn't hurt. I have had no experience with such things. Say a little prayer for me please ladies. And so it begins.

Have an awesome evening.

Aw Ang - can't even imagine how stressful this is for you. I will pray!

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twacky » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:23 am

oh. my. sainted. aunt.
eeeeeeee!
post pic! post pic! i wish i could post mine.
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEL » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:35 am

Ugh, it is so hard to get a decent pic. It' s a real squinter. Might be best to look at it on your phone?

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:36 am

LOL, the pic is giant! Sorry!

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:14 am

Never mind, I took three more tests and all BFN. It was an evap :(

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Dolphina » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:44 am

Thank you all for the welcome. I have my US tomorrow to determine my baseline and if they will be changing the meds.
Can I ask what the baby aspirin will help with? Would you recommend to start now? I am so new to this as my husband and I didn't think we wanted children and have decided to try.
Dolphina
Friend

Postby Twacky » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Hey Dolphina,
I believe that the blood thinning effect of aspirin can help to stop tiny blood clots in the uterus from forming and preventing the emmbryo from implanting properly? I am no expert. One is meant to take the low dose because too much blood thinning could cause the opposite problem of excess bleeding. Aspirin doesn't agree with my tummy so I don't take it all that often. I figure since I take a good dose of fish oil daily I probably don't need it.
Angie, I also take coenzyme q10, apparently its one of the few supplements ivf clinics recommend for egg health. It's a super antioxidant. I think inositol is the other thing also recommended. I take lecithin caps for the inositol.
Simone. ...u have to try again with fmu before I accept the evap conclusion....and even then.....:-):-):-):-):-)
night all
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Twacky » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:08 am

Angelique, I hope the op was succesful and you are fine and feeling OK?
Dolphina, how was your US? Any changes made?
Simone, did you test again???? I have run out of tests :( and anyway, looking at my chart again I think I may have o'ed later by 3 days so may be too early. But I did get a pic of the blue dye early test by taking the strip out of the case and photographing it against a white background. No clue how to upload it tho :rofl:
xxx T
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s