Over 47 yrs old ttc

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Over 47 yrs old ttc

Postby TrishaNow » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I have been trying to conceive for over 3 years now, with a missed miscarriage in 2016 when I was 45 years old. I am now 47 years and 4 months old. I have 3 children that are 4, 5 and 7. I am so grateful for my children, and I do know how lucky I am, but I would still like to have another. I am about to call it quits, since it has taken over my entire life. I have taken so many supplements and I am thinking I will get rid of them all. I would like to hear from anyone (and everone), who has been trying to conceive after the age of 45. I'm desperate to know I'm not the only person trying at this age.
TrishaNow
Friend

Re: Over 47 yrs old ttc

Postby Danaa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:24 pm

You are definitely not alone,there are plenty of other women out there trying at this age,sadly the chances aren’t that good but I don’t think is impossible.Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TrishaNow » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:12 pm

Thank you Danaa. I wish you good luck too, if you are ttc. I realize the chances aren't great, but I'm going to stop killing myself taking all these supplements. I'm just ready to say if it happens, it happens, and move on with my life. I'm not going to stop trying (I'm going to continue to bd at the optimal time each month). I'm just going to stop acting like I can make it happen for sure, this month. I'm going to stop acting like every little thing I do either causes me to help with conception, or hurt my chances of conception. I'm done taking all the supplements. I'm sorry if I don't sound very positive. I actually am positive. I do believe that more women than we know do conceive at my age. I don't think they do when they cause themselves so much unnecessary stress. I wish everyone trying to conceive the best of luck (no matter what your age)!
TrishaNow
Friend

Postby Danaa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:42 pm

You are right,the stress can be too much plus the constant supliments can be sooo overwhelming.
You do your thing and hope for the best outcome.
Ty for the wishes.
I wish you good luck and hopefully a bfp really soon.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momof9treasures » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:42 am

I am 47 and 5 months. I would love to have another (after 5 chemicals). I am ovulating today but dh " just hasn't been in the mood". Go figure. So we're out this month. He thinks my body needs a break after the recent chemical. Good to know he's the authority on my body! Not a good day here. BUT I have personally known 4 women who had healthy babies at 48. And I'm not a socialite. There's still a chance.
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby scarlett9999 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:09 am

hi dear. I do hope that you conceive. there's no specific age to think about having a kid. you can surely go for it. ill pray for you. it's so beautiful your story. I mean you tried so hard. you have three kids. you are so fortunate. so blessed. you should try again. I really hope you have a big family. sending you baby dust. take care. keep me updated. best of luck. if you have difficulties. you can go for alternatives. I am sure it will help you.
scarlett9999
Friend

Postby TrishaNow » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:02 am

Im so sorry about your losses Momof9treasures. I know it's difficult. My husband is not always available during ovulation, due to a urethral stricture. He is having surgery in a couple of weeks, and we hope he will recover without any problems. I will pray for you. You and I are about the same age, and I just ovulated on July 6th, almost the same time as you. I wish you the best of luck. Hang in there. Thanks so much for your post. You are not alone.

Thank you scarlett9999. I will pray for you too. I'm not certain whether you're currently trying to conceive, but if you are I am certainly pulling for you. Thank you for your post. It means everything to me, to be able to come here and find some hope and comfort, or to hear/see some real stories.

You guys are the best! Please update me on anything, really anything you'd like to share. I'm all ears (or I guess, all eyes)!

I'm, once again, in my two week wait right now. I'm on 12dpo. I'm not extremely optimistic, but I'll send an update, either way.
TrishaNow
Friend

Postby Momof9treasures » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:21 pm

Thanks Tricia. You didn't test yet?! What are you doing to help the process? I'm on so many supplements I rattle when I walk! We're praying my husband is in town for the next ovulation. We'll be cutting it REALLY close. I just started Vitex and have heard that might delay ovulation. Hoping it works.
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TrishaNow » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:49 pm

Hi Momof9treasured. No, I haven't tested yet. I'm feeling a lot of cramping and bloating. I'm almost positive af will be here tomorrow. I don't like to test. I never seem to trust it before my expected period, anyway. I am on a lot of supplements. I've recently changed to taking GERITOL COMPLETE. I figure if I can't get pregnant while taking it at least it's good for me to take being a woman of a certain age. I used to take Vitex, but after 18 months of it, I thought I should take a break. it never delayed my ovulation. It moved it up. Actually, since the first time I've ever taken it, my ovulation was either 1-4 days earlier. I used to have 32-36 day cycles, since Vitex, I have ovulated every cd14 or cd15, without fail. I started taking Ubiquinol (which is COQ10, Vitamin D3, and Fish Oil). I'm pretty sure I'm out this month, and now I will have to wait 3 months, due to my husband's surgery. I start to think that most women that get pregnant in their late 40's usually arent taking all of these supplements.
They're just not thinking about it so much and it accidentally happens. I think Im going to take a few supplements, get on with my life, and hopefully one of these months, I will be late for af (not because of menopause) and I will surprise myself with a bfp. I hope every thing works out for you and your husband this month. It would be wonderful to hear you got a bfp. Anyway...my prayers are out there for you! You've got to just believe It will happen. It certainly doesn't hurt. Oh, I was just reading an interview about Nicole Kidman. She said that her grandmother had her last baby at 49. She (Nicole Kidman) also said that she hopes every month that she finds herself pregnant. Wikipedia says she's 51. So, we're in the same boat with her. At least I am. I really don't know how old you are.
TrishaNow
Friend

Postby TrishaNow » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:52 pm

Oh. I forgot to mention that I conceived my last two children, my first cycle trying, while on Vitex. I was 42 and 43, when I gave birth.
TrishaNow
Friend

Postby TrishaNow » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:06 pm

Actually, I do know how old you are. Sorry, I forgot and didn't want to assume you were my age. I think that we might almost be exactly the same age.
TrishaNow
Friend

Postby Momof9treasures » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:54 am

I conceived my last two while on b vitamins and ubiquinol. The last one was at 44, while breastfeeding an almost one year old around the clock every hour or two! Plus, my opk's were all negative. I was using them because they were left over from ttc #8, I had only had one PP period, and was just curious if I was ovulating or not. I figured I was having anovulatory cycles because of breastfeeding. Obviously not!
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TrishaNow » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:24 am

Well, that's great! It always seems that even though you're trying, it happens only when you're not thinking about it too much. That's easier said than done. Oh...af arrived this morning, so I'm out for a few months at least. I feel like I should stop trying, but I seriously can't get myself to stop. I feel like I'll be 55 years old and still ttc every month or at least every cycle (if I'm not menopausal). My Mother was 59 when she became menopausal. They say you will probably be around the same age as your Mother, give or take, depending on how you've treated your body throughout the years. I am trying to relax more and not think about it. Well, please keep me updated. I will be around even if I'm not trying for the next few months. I wish you great luck and I will be thinking very positively for your good results.
TrishaNow
Friend

Postby Momof9treasures » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:31 am

That's me! Who wants to waste a good egg when you could have a wonderful gift of a baby!!!!
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby marrteen » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:17 am

Thank you so much for sharing your stories. I’ve met someone new and at 46 he’s never had any children. I have an 18 year old heeded to college this weekend! A 16 year old and a 6 year old. Needless to say we have started trying, he’s 46 and I’m 43. I wish I could find a way to just be hopeful but even if we conceive I know we could miscarry. I feel good about and health, I’m ovulating regularly based on my periods, just taking prenatals and eating a vegetarian diet. I’m hopeful for your guys and it’s good to have a place to lay some of these thoughts...positive and negative. ☺️
marrteen
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to TTC in our 40s