Over 47 yrs old ttc

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Over 47 yrs old ttc

Postby TrishaNow » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:38 pm

Hi marteen. I hope everything goes well for you. You're doing exactly what you need to. Working on being healthy. If you ovulate you are still in the game. You are just a young one. If I were still your age, I would be much more optimistic about my situation. Anyway, I will pray for you and keep positive thoughts out there for you. Thanks for sharing. I'm currently off the ttc wagon for a few months, due to my husband having surgery. It's nice to hear other stories, so please keep them coming.
TrishaNow
Friend

Postby Momof9treasures » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:52 am

So much spam here anymore!
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momof9treasures » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:13 am

11 dpo. If I close one eye, cock my head, squint, and shine a light on it in a dark room, I can almost imagine a line. Boo.
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeccaChloe » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:50 am

Trisha, You are not alone. I am also 45 and TTC. However, I have found the perfect resolution to infertility. After a long journey to infertility and it was accompanied by lots of heartbreak, trauma, and disappointment. I have had three miscarriages. And it was IVF. We regret to sign up with lotus clinic. And when we lost our cycles they didn't refund. Moreover, alter we found out that they are not credible doctors. Therefore I would recommend you not to go to Lotus clinic. As you will end up losing your money and chances of conception. I am now pursuing surrogacy at a European clinic.
BeccaChloe
Friend

Postby TrishaNow » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi marrteen. I swore I posted a response to your post, but I guess it didn't send. You are just a young one. I wish I was still 43. Thank you for your post. You are doing exactly what you need to do. Your focusing on your health. I wish you luck. I will think positive thoughts and send you my prayers. Please keep us updated.
TrishaNow
Friend

Postby TrishaNow » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:36 pm

Hi Momof9treasures. How'd you do this last month? I see your post at 11dpo. Did you end up getting a bfp? I hope so. I've sort of moved on from ttc (notice I said sort of). It's actually been nice not trying this month. No stress no second guessing my actions. I, however, would still love to see you get a bfp. Please keep me updated. I will surely keep praying for you.
TrishaNow
Friend

Postby Momof9treasures » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:22 am

We couldn't really try this month. My husband was out of town. We missed ovulation by a few hours. But since there was an outside chance, I tested. It was what I expected. I'm not going to go all out with ttc. I don't have the emotional energy for it but we'll dtd somewhere near ovulation and hope for the best. My emotions are controlling me right now - my second is leaving for college tomorrow. We're really close and this just hurts. Not sure my heart is into ttc this month.
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momof9treasures » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:39 pm

So...weird stuff going on. I was taking melatonin, just 1.5 mg, then read it could suppress the lh surge. I was using cheap opk's and getting all negatives. Very negative. I went and bought the clearblue with the blinking and solid smiley faces. I had a day and a half of blinking, then my solid two mornings ago. But I hadn't tested the night before so it could have been positive then. The cheapie were still negative. I didn't test yesterday since I had gotten the solid smiley but decided to this morning just for kicks. The cheapie was positive. And I for sure already ovulated as everything already dried up. This stuff us new to me, kind of. We only had to try for one of ours and I remember the opk was positive after ovulation for him, too. I still got pregnant as we had dtd before I got the positive. Any thoughts?
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TrishaNow » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:52 am

I've had positive opk's up yo six days after ovulation. The last time I used an OPK (about two months ago), I had a positive the day before and the day of, with a negative the day after ovulation. The month before that, I had a positive opk the day before, with a negative the day of ovulation. I've used both cheapies and clear blue opk's at the same time and got different results. I would just stick with one kind of opk and temping. It is normal to get positives after ovulation. I had to research it when I got six days worth of positives. It's best to test a few times during the day. I don't usually use them because I have a hard time not drinking very much for four hours before testing. My samples are usually too diluted. I usually just rely on my temps and cervical mucus. I actually tried to suppress my ovulation with Progesterone cream this last month, and I've been taking 3mg of melatonin. I still ovulated. I sit and worry every month that I might not ovulate because I should be perimenopausal, but I always do ovulate. Then I try to suppress it, and it doesn't work. Oh well. Im still out for ttc this month, due to my husbands surgery. I can't really say if you should be concerned about melatonin or not. I know that it is likely to suppress ovulation. The opk situation sounds typical. If your temping, I would rely on your temp for ovulation. Your lh surge probably just lasted longer, after ovulation.
TrishaNow
Friend

Postby TrishaNow » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:58 am

The real reason I occaisionally use opk's is because I just want a chance to see a positive line when I poas. The absence of line on my hpt is very depressing. I try to invite myself to be positive with some visual assistance.
TrishaNow
Friend

Postby Momof9treasures » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:21 pm

I hear ya. The negatives suck. I can't temp because I sleep like crap and have a two year old that gets in bed with me around 5 or 6 every morning. I think I still ovulated but not sure if our timing was right or not. Historically, we only get pregnant when we dtd the night before. We'll see. My eggs are obviously crappy, too, so there's that...
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momof9treasures » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:06 pm

What the HELL is up with all the awful surrogacy spam on here?! No wonder not many women use this site any more. Anyway - 11 dpo here. I like to use the Walmart .88 cent tests because they give beautiful evaps and I can give myself false hope for a few days. I like to lie to myself. I took one of those today and couldn't even get an evap. As a matter of fact, the space where the test line should have been was even whiter than the blank spaces on either side. So disappointing.
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 7Mk1973 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:19 pm

Hello all. I'm 44, about a month out from 45 and my dh and I are ttcing our first.
Momof9treasures I just wanted to say I've got my fx that you just have a late implanter.
TrishaNow I hope the time that you have to wait to ttc flies by.
I hear you about the Surrogacy spammers. I respect that some women go that route, but this site is about being there on the journey with other women trying to get pregnant, not pushing clinics. Some of us can't afford ivf or surrogacy, even if we wanted to go that route, so it's so insensitive for them to be pushing their clinic and Surrogacy as THE way to get a baby, especially to women who've been trying as long as we have.
Afm I'm in my tww and about 9 to 11 dpo. Won't test early, so waiting on the :af: to arrive or lack there of to test :D That's all except for :hugs: :babydustb: and :sticky: to us all.
7Mk1973
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Momof9treasures » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:40 pm

Well, I've always had a positive by 10 dpo, except with my first. I didn't test until I was a week past when my period was due with him. And with my 7th, I ovulated on cd 6 and didn't test until the day before when my period would have been due had I ovulated on cd14. I am not holding out hope for this cycle. But I AM holding a test with an evap line. At least there's a line to look at!
Momof9treasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 7Mk1973 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:10 pm

Momof9treasures...I've never even had an evap, even when I did test early. Just stark white so I could never even pretend. I did have two early losses, which were at about 8 to 10 weeks, but I lost them before I ever tested positive, though I was sure I was preggers. The lost embryo proved me right, but bc I found out by losing them, I didn't even have time to enjoy being preggers. :| I know you don't feel it, but I hope your evap turns into something more. :hugs: :babydustg: and :sticky: to us.
7Mk1973
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s