BFP @ 17dpo - now 20dpo and getting implantation bleeding?

Please post your BFP chart as an image in this forum!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: BFP @ 17dpo - now 20dpo and getting implantation bleedin

Postby Maz882 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:04 am

Hey hun! I've just got home..

Measuring 10 weeks 2 days, thats a little foot on the top right hand side! Feeling a lot more relaxed now as chance of MC is 0.5%! I'm assuming that because you're in the US you get regular scans? If not I'd definitely recommend it the wait was killing me!

Thank you so much for thinking of me! How are you today?xx
MC at 10 weeks October 2012
DS1 - Jamie Arthur born 3rd September 2013, 8ib 4oz
MC September 2014 at 7 weeks
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scharpster » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:29 am

OH MY GOSH!!! Love the ultrasound!! It's amazing you can see some of the features! Your little guy/girl looks comfy in there! Fantastic news!!!! So you heard the heartbeat for the first time? How was it? Was your dh able to be there with you? From what I hear, we get 3 scans total for the whole pregnancy. The first one they schedule between 7-10 weeks, and I will be right at 7 weeks on my first one on the 15th! I tried to get as close to that 7 week mark as possible! I'm doing great today - we've put an offer in on a home Thursday morning and we're still waiting to hear if it's been accepted. It's torture! ;)
Me: 27
DH: 28
Actively TTC Baby #1 since July 2012. NT/NP for the past 5 years.
Chemical... 9/12/12 (4 weeks 6 days)
HSG performed on 11/13/12. Diagnosed with lean PCOS 11/13/12. DH poor SA.
BFP ALL NATURAL 1/20/13! *For this child we've prayed*
HCG 1/22 (100) 1/24 (202) 2/3 (8115.4)
1st U/S @ 7 weeks 2/15/13...formed beautifully and 172 bpm!
2nd Appt @ 11 weeks 3/15/13...167 bpm!
2nd U/S @ 12 weeks 3/22/13...Our sweet baby looks like a baby now!
IT'S A BOY! 5/13/13
Benjamin Reid born 9/27/13 at 39 weeks via c-section!

scharpster
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maz882 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:15 pm

Thank you!! DH was with me, and we got to hear the heartbeat tho not for long,it was pretty amazing, wasnt expecting to hear it!

7 weeks is great because thats not too far away! Also it will help to alleviate some of your fears as well.

GOOD LUCK on the offer! A baby and a move talk about severalof the most stressful things to do in one go! So far you and I have had some similarities.. pregnancy then MC, pregnancy again, scans on the same date, I hope its an omen that things at your scan will be the same as at mine! I can't wait tosee your scan pic! Only 2 weeks to go! Are you excited/ nervous?x
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scharpster » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Oh my gosh, that moment of hearing the heartbeat has to be one of the greatest moments of your life. I'm sure it makes things all the more real, knowing there's a little person in there! I actually took a pregnancy test this morning (more for fun) because the lines are just so dark! I love looking at them so much. It still hasn't hit me that im "actually" pregnant and all these months of trying resulted in this outcome. Dh and I had totally changed our eating habits and everything. It's truly such a miracle, and quite frankly, a relief! We just found out my dh's mom has breast cancer too last week so we've had some major things going on and the year has barely just begun! We ended up revealing to both sets of parents last weekend just so dh's side had some good news to look forward to. I can't wait to have our scan...little nervous just because now our families know and both of them are on cloud nine. It will be each side's first grandchild. So we have a lot riding on this...we told them a little earlier than we anticipated so with that brings a little anxiety. Just want baby to be healthy and have a strong beating heart. I feel a peace that God gave us this blessing and he'll see it through for the next 8 months. Just feel fortunate we are one of the lucky ones that get to experience this!
IT'S A BOY! 5/13/13

scharpster
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maz882 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:06 pm

I know what you mean about testing!! I still do with ic's every so often just because I'm still amazed that there's a second line!! Maybe ill stop now but it is kind of addictive!!

S sorry to hear about your mother in law. That's horrible. D they know what the prognosis is? I hope she gets started with treatment really soon. But I think you've done absolutely the right thing telling them.. Having something to look forwards to like that is so important when you're faced with something like that. We weren't going to but it was Christmas and me not drinking at Christmas was a dead give away!! And besides you can also look at it from the sense that if those that are close to you know, and God forbid anything does happen, then you have a really supportive network to back you up and fall back on and that's so important. And wow first grandchildren on both sides?? That's so so special!!

Don't worry about telling them early, it will work out fine. I really can't wait to see your scan!! Have you joined the pregnancy side at all?x
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scharpster » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Pregnancy tests are super addictive! I have a pack of 50 cheap wonfus that I feel need to be "used up" so to speak! Who knows when the next time will be when I use them, so why not now lol? Plus, it's just such a joy because last pregnancy it really was over before it began so I got a postive test and the lines gradually got lighter in the next couple days. Now they are super dark and they are lines ive always dreamed of! That's what makes me feel so positive about this pregnancy. They told my MIL she is stage 2 so fortunately she caught it early enough. They are worried about her lungs/bronchial tubes though and they are doing some extensive biopsies today on her for that. We are hoping and praying that it hasn't spread over there. It is crazy because she's young (46) and extremely healthy...into organic, vitamins, wellness stuff - she actually is a massage therapist. And there is no history of cancer in dh's family so this is really out of the ordinary. We actually are getting this house so that she has a place to stay just in case because Houston is known to have one of the best cancer hospitals in the country. How COOL that you guys revealed on Christmas!! I bet your family was just thrilled! And you are so right about the support system. We have told our bosses at work and just our immediate family so far. We intend to tell co-workers/close friends if/when we get good news about our ultrasound. Probably wont do the full facebook reveal until im closer to 12 weeks. I've joined the pregnancy side, but haven't gotten any responses to any posts :( I tend to think the ttc side is more supportive!
IT'S A BOY! 5/13/13

scharpster
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maz882 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:40 pm

I'm glad that its been caught in time, and getting the house makes sense if it means she can get the best care. Isn't it crazy when cancer happens like this? It sounds like my husbands sister, she got bowel cancer in her 40s, was a home economics teacher so was into whole foods, organic (we live on an organic farm and its how she was brought up) and yet she got bowel cancer.

It doesn't seem fair when it happens to people like your mil and my sil. Wishing all the best for a full recovery for her, and soon!!

Family are very excited, my mum and dad are away at the moment and keep texting and emailing asking how the baby is, they were so relieved to hear about the scan. Ny boss is away as well so ill tell him when he's back!!

S sorry you haven't had any responses on the pregnancy side, there aren't many people in the October group maybe that's why? And I agree the TTc side is so so supportive, I spend way more time here than on the oregnancy side, only joined the other side a coupe of days ago. I had so much help and advice from people when I joined here that I try and do the same back. And TTc is so interesting!! There's o much to it that I never appreciated until we started trying I april last year!!x
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maz882 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:47 pm

How are you doing chick? Only 10 days till your first scan! Hope you're getting excited!!xx
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scharpster » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Hey Maz! I just realized I never wrote you back - sorry girl! Rough day - found out MIL has more advanced cancer than we thought. Also this house is beginning to sound like a bad deal, we'll know more tonight. They are wanting $40k over the appraisal (cash) and we're hoping the sellers come to their senses. If not, the house wasn't meant for us! That is really something that your sister in law got bowel cancer. It really is scary to think it can happen to anyone. Doesn't necessarily need to run in your family or anything. Thank you for your well wishes. I know my MIL needs lot of prayers right now. I am VERY excited for our scan, the time is already going by fairly quickly. I can't believe im approaching 6 weeks already. It will be a very special day for us. We plan to frame the sonogram and send it to both sets of new grandparents. We are really counting on this little one to be sticky and healthy, our families definitely need it right now :) How are you feeling??
IT'S A BOY! 5/13/13

scharpster
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maz882 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:03 pm

Oh so sorry to hear that news, I hope it turns out to be a better diagnosis than you think. But wow what an exciting time to be pregnant!! That will be the most heart warming and driving force to help your mil to get better. Ill be thinking of you and praying for you.

Wow you will be over 7 weeks so able to see the hb!! What an exciting thought!! Love the idea of framing the sonos I'm sure they will have pride of place in all households!!

And sad news about the house too.. But I'm a big believer in fate and if it falls thru then it's not the right one for you and a better one is around the for er. And if they back down then it was meant to be!! And just bear in mind as much as you want it, it is only a house, you're brewing a baby inside you and that's the most important thing :-)

I'm feeling good thank you, started working on the future nursery which has been a bit of a storage room, which is exciting to think of what it's going to be. It still somehow doesn't feel real!!

How about you?? Any symptoms? I think if you're going to get em they tend to start at 6 weeks so right about now!!xx
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scharpster » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Maz, I hope so too. I appreciate your kind words so much. I'm so fortunate to have found you and some other wonderful ladies on this board. I'm really hoping to see the HB, I know it will be the most incredible, life changing sound. You're so right about the house. If it's not meant to be, it means there is something better out there for us. What fun you have started working on the nursery! How cool! What is your design plan for it? Are you going to find out the gender? *knock on everything* i've felt great. My mom had 4 kids and never got morning sickness and felt great with each one. So i'm hoping that's hereditary lol! I guess I'll find out shortly what my fate is for the next couple months lol!
IT'S A BOY! 5/13/13

scharpster
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maz882 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:33 am

I am so excited for you for your scan!! I really am praying you see a lovely little heart beat, I didnt have a scan at 7 weeks so dont know what to expect to see, tho we saw a heartbeat at 6 week scan so I think the chances are very good!!

We dont have a design plan at the minute, all of our house is neutral as we live in an old farm house and the walls are old plaster that need a special type of paint is breathable, its normal cost in white or magnolia, but if you get any different colours its super expensive!! So we have all our house white or magnolia. Also were not finding out the sex so neutral is probably best anyway!!

Glad you're feeling well, I'm certain its hereditary as both my Mum and Sister had no MS and Ive pretty much had the same, glad you're feeling well with it!! You want to enjoy the experience not have your head down a toilet bowl!!xx
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scharpster » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:07 am

Maz, that puts my mind at ease that you saw the heartbeat early! I've read different things so im mentally preparing myself to know that it might be too early to hear it. However, it certainly will be a wonderful gift to us if we can! We will start to reveal to more people if everything checks out next week. I want so badly to tell my best friends! Lots of people are starting to reveal on facebook and I want to badly to private message them and say "IM PREGNANT TOO!"
That is so cool you live in an old farmhouse! That sounds so charming! I watch House Hunters International (not sure if it airs over there) but I love the homes in Europe. They have so much character and so different than what's over here in the US. That makes it easy then that you wont have to repaint. We are not finding out the gender either! I feel it's one of life's greatest surprises!
That is awesome you've felt great during your pregnancy! If there's one thing I've learned when I had food poisoning - it's to never take for granted how wonderful it feels to feel well. I developed a WHOLE new appreciation for mommas that get sick during their pregnancy. I can't even begin to imagine what Kate Middleton went through! Have you thought of any names so far?
IT'S A BOY! 5/13/13

scharpster
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maz882 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:39 am

We went in with the same thoughts, expect not to see it and if you do then great, it is still early but hoping its there ready and waiting for you!! I have told some close friends, I figured if I had another MC I would want their support then so I wanted to tell them, although we waited till around 9 weeks for that. And how exciting when you will be able to reveal to your friends, especially the ones that are pregnant too! You can talk ideas, nurserys. names etc!

we were going to find out the gender last time, after the MC I decided I didnt want to know this time as it makes no difference as long as they arrive and are healthy!! And like you said it's one of lifes great surprises, would be a shame not to know!!

Parts of the house date back to 1600, which is great, but we have no central heating and a lot of work still to do on the house. We're getting quotes for heating at the minute as cant imagine raising a baby relying on log fires, as romantic as they seem its hard work when that's the only heating.

Were a bit torn on names.. I think we're having a boy, I like Jamie, we were also thinking of Arthur as DHs Dad who died a few years ago was called Arthur. If his middle name was Jamie his nickname could be AJ! Only thing that worries me about that is if it's too old a name for a young baby/ boy and maybe he wouldn't like it. For a girl we're thinking Tilly Sylvia (Sylvia was the name of my Grandmother, she was an amazing woman and still very missed) and I know my dad would love us to use her name! Girls are soooo easy to choose names for, boys we're really struggling with! how about you? Any ideas?

I do feel for people like Kate Middleton. I didn't at the time as she was admitted to hospital not long after my MC and I was wanting anything to be in her position!! Feeling less envious now and a lot more sympathetic :-)

My friends off work today because of bad MS, shes 9 weeks and basically felt grotty the whole time, really feeling for her right now!!xx
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scharpster » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:39 am

Yeah, we've only told close family members so far. We were planning on telling them at the U/S but due to my MIL's circumstances, we figured it would be best to tell family early. I cant wait to hear the reactions of my best friends. They know we've struggled with infertility and this will come as a real surprise!
How cool about your house - lots of history in that place! Lots of families have lived in there too. How neat to raise your little one in a place with so much history. I imagine it gets quite cold over there so that's great you're looking into a heating system. I admire that you all have gotten by on fires! Not an easy thing to do!
I LOVE your names you've chosen! How neat to have a tribute to your dh's dad/your grandmother. It's funny, if we had twin girls, I always pictured the names Tully and Teagan, so I think Tilly is adorable! Not a name you hear quite often! I am such a fan of names like that. I have a very ordinary, plain name (Sarah) and my dh's is David so I vowed since I was little to choose a unique name, but not one that is extreme. We have always loved Avery and Reagan if we had a girl. We like Brett and Bryce and I LOVE Reid but dh hates it for a boy. Still not sure if we'd use family names. Not really a fan of any of them to be quite honest!
I feel bad for your friend! That is tough, I really hope things ease for her in the coming weeks! I will put in a prayer for her.
IT'S A BOY! 5/13/13

scharpster
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to BFP Charts Only