BFP @ 17dpo - now 20dpo and getting implantation bleeding?

Please post your BFP chart as an image in this forum!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: BFP @ 17dpo - now 20dpo and getting implantation bleedin

Postby Maz882 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:06 am

Definitely a good decision telling family early given the circumstances. And I'm still so impressed with how you got your BFP with your fertility concerns, just goes to show that he may have poor SA but the ones that are there are super super determined!!

I love the name Avery, its beautiful!! And Brett, all your names are lovely, they're names that I don't think I've ever heard over here in the UK, it's amazing the differences between the US and the UK!

It can get cold but that should all change soon, we also got the house draft proofed last winter which made a massive difference. Still heating will be the icing on the cake! DH never wanted it, but now were having a baby he doesn't have a choice, and he realises the importance of it. His family have lived in the house for 200 years so he was of the idea that 'if it was good enough for me'... unfortunately for him I was brought up in a house with heating so I won the argument!! He should have known that would be the case!!xx
MC at 10 weeks October 2012
DS1 - Jamie Arthur born 3rd September 2013, 8ib 4oz
MC September 2014 at 7 weeks
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scharpster » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:35 pm

Yes, it is quite the miracle. I had an HSG done in November and had dh's SA not long after. I had a consult about the conclusive results with our reproductive endocrinologist in December. I asked the doctor if there was any natural remedies we could try before resulting to heavy duty drugs/procedures, and he quite candidly said "no." He said dh's SA was very dismal and the only way we would conceive is through IUI/IVF. Based on where I was in my cycle, he literally had scheduled the IUI a couple days after that appt. I had a prescription for Clomid lined up and everything. Something told us that we shouldnt take the appt and after extensive research, I found that low SA is not a ttc death sentence. It can easily be handled with vitamins and cutting out simple things such as caffeine, hot baths and alcohol. Also read to bd every other day instead of every day, which is what we were doing before. Dh and I said we'd give it 3 months (which is how long it takes for new swimmers to re-generate) and if we saw no results, we'd go the IUI route. We were determined to correct things naturally...and here we are! Proof that it can happen with many factors seemingly against you. We conceived two cycles after we received that news!
Oh my gosh, dh's family has lived in there for 200 years! What a treasure you have! I can see how dh may have been against the idea of getting heat. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", my husband is the same way lol! I'm glad you won on your end though! Eventually our dh's cave to our requests, we are their queens! :)
Me: 27
DH: 28
Actively TTC Baby #1 since July 2012. NT/NP for the past 5 years.
Chemical... 9/12/12 (4 weeks 6 days)
HSG performed on 11/13/12. Diagnosed with lean PCOS 11/13/12. DH poor SA.
BFP ALL NATURAL 1/20/13! *For this child we've prayed*
HCG 1/22 (100) 1/24 (202) 2/3 (8115.4)
1st U/S @ 7 weeks 2/15/13...formed beautifully and 172 bpm!
2nd Appt @ 11 weeks 3/15/13...167 bpm!
2nd U/S @ 12 weeks 3/22/13...Our sweet baby looks like a baby now!
IT'S A BOY! 5/13/13
Benjamin Reid born 9/27/13 at 39 weeks via c-section!

scharpster
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maz882 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Oh wow!!! That's the most heart warming TTc story I think I have ever heard. And just goes to show that all these tests and experts, whose to say they are right all the time? And that something more natural wont work?? I truly think its amazing and your persistence is truly inspirational. I'm so so glad you ended up going down the route you did!! Can you friggin believe it!!xx
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scharpster » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:34 am

It's a dream come true, it really is!
IT'S A BOY! 5/13/13

scharpster
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maz882 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:05 am

And only 8 days to go until you get to see him/ her!!xx
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maz882 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:19 pm

How you doing Sarah?! Less than 3 days to go!! I can't wait to see a picture of your scan!!

How's your mil doing? I hope things are going well and they're positive about her treatment. Still no ms?? My tiredness has just kicked in big time!! I thought it was supposed to get better as you get closer to 12 weeks?!x
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scharpster » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Hey Maz! (What's your name by the way? :) I know, I am SO excited! Dh and I can't stop talking about it. Dh has actually taken Friday off for it! She's doing much better. Once she sort of absorbed the whole thing, she's got her gameplan. She had her first chemo last Friday and did surprisingly well with it. Didn't get sick at all afterwards. We are praying each time she has it, she will feel the same. My dh is flying up there to spend a week with her and his dad. Her hair will start to fall out this week so I'm sure that will be tough for dh to see her that way. She's on top of things though - she already bought a wig! I admire her for that. Thank you for asking about her. I appreciate it!
I started feeling a little nauseas in the morning for the past couple days. But it's not quite a sick feeling, more like the feeling you get when you're extremely hungry. I'll definitely take it though! I just need to get a box of crackers to keep on my nightstand. I know how you feel with the tiredness! I actually started on prenatals over a year ago just to help with my energy levels. I literally come home every night from work and just want to take a nap (and sometimes just want to sleep through the night!). How are you doing other than the tiredness?
IT'S A BOY! 5/13/13

scharpster
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maz882 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:49 pm

My name is Marie-Anne (bit odd but my mums French hence it being double barrelled) but everyone calls me Maz (much easier!!).

Wow sounds like she is so positive!! That's amazing, and so glad she has been well with the first chemo. That must be a relief. And love that she's prepared with buying a wig!! She will be able to change her appearance every day if she wants to! (Ok so i know there's no positives to chemo but can't help to look on the bright side!!).

I bet she will love your DH going to join her, it's times like these when you realise how important family are and when you need their support the most. How's things going with the house? I hope they have backed down (um don't they know we're in a global recession lol!!).

Yay (kind of!) for ms!! I hope it stays mild but it's a good sign that baby is doing well!! I used to feel sick in the mornings occasionally, the same as you like when you feel hungry. We got married in August but went on honeymoon this January when I was around 6 weeks and when I woke up in the morning I said to DH 'were going to breakfast now!!' It worked eating to get rid of the sickness!!

Apart from the tiredness I'm good, very frustratingly I have insomnia though, I get to sleep fine but wake up a few hours before my alarm and cant go back to sleep. Insomnia and fatigue really don't mix!! Feeling pretty bloated too, clothes are getting tight and don't look pregnant at all just a little podgy. Can't wait for it to pop into a hard belly!!xx
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scharpster » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Maz is such a cute nickname! I really like that! You are so right about my MIL getting to change her appearance! One day a blonde, the next a brunette! To be quite honest (and I can't believe I'll be typing this lol!) But her hair is extremely damaged from dying/coloring for so long, it will actually be quite good for her to start back at her roots. Not something a woman would generally do by choice, but I think her hair will thank her when it grows back :) Dh is the only child, so his parents are thrilled he will be spending the week with them. His parents just built a house and there are still a few things that need to be done, so he is happy to come help. A goal of his is to finish their guest bath which has a huge whirlpool tub. It will be great for my MIL to relax and just take some bubble baths. Currently they just have a shower in their bathroom. Unfortunately, we didn't get the house :/ It was sort of a strange deal, and we think the listing agent was doing some underhanded stuff. All in all, it was probably for the best. We're still out looking, so we've given ourselves 2 weeks. If nothing comes up, we will have to lease a home. Good to know that eating is a quick fix! It sort of scared me the past couple days cause I was like oh no...I spoke too soon about not having ms! But knock on everything, this might be my "version" of ms. Insomnia and fatigue sound rough! Do you have a job where you are required to have a lot of focus? Won't that be the day to get a nice baby belly!? I feel like I will start to show sooner than later. It's interesting, my belly is starting to get hard already! I am smaller stature, so baby wont have a lot of places to go but out! Have you had to buy any maternity clothes yet? I've looked on Pinterest and noticed a lot of women just buy bigger sizes of normal clothes and "dress their bumps". I can't wait!
IT'S A BOY! 5/13/13

scharpster
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maz882 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:31 pm

Colouring hair does so much damage, I've only ever coloured mine once when I got highlights before the wedding, not because I value my hair too much to dye it more because its too expensive to do it all the time!! S maybe it's a good thing to start again for the hair, like they sometimes do on Americas top model!!

At least all the house build was over with before she had her diagnosis, even if there are a few bits to finish off. And a whirlpool sounds amazing!! Until we get our boiler replaced next winter we have a bath but can't fill it with hot water as the boiler can't cope with it so its showers all the way for us!! Not that you can have a decent temperature bath anyway nowadays (don't want to cook baby!!).

I thnk it's probably a good thing you lost the house. All sounds a bit weird, and like I've said before fate is lending a hand and hopefully means you'll find an even better house and for a much better price. Just a shame about the timing, tho sounds like you have a good plan in motion!! Just don't aim to be moving too close to your due date!!

Ill take insomnia, fatigue, whatever if it means baby is ok, as long as it is I really don't mind. But I do have a job I have to concentrate in, im a dentist so not the kind of job you can let your mind wander or lack concentration in!! 'Oh mrs jones, I'm so sorry I extracted the wrong tooth, call it baby brain!!' Nah don't think that will work!! What do you do? Have you told your boss? Will they be good about maternity leave etc? In the us I don't think you get very long for maternity?? I can have up to a year, but because I'm self employed I get no maternity lay, I'm planning on 1 month before baby comes and 6 after. I don't thnk I could work up to my due date with a massive belly!!

I have bought a few maternity clothes, don't actually need the, yet except for work trousers, mine were getting uncomfortable when sitting down. But I found an online sale and bought a load!! It was after the scan when they said chances of mc were less than 1% so hope I'm not tempting fate!! There are some fab maternity clothes out there now, thank goodness for the Internet!!

How about you? Have you bought anything yet? I bet you show really early with you being so slight like you said there's not much space for baby to go to!!xx
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scharpster » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:48 pm

It's actually quite amazing, they hired a contractor to build the house and then they completed rooms on their own (they've flipped homes before, so they are both quite handy!). Were thankful the majority of the house is complete (it is about 90% finished). That would be tough to not be able to take baths over there! I actually havent taken one since I got pregnant, I've read the heat is not good for the baby. It's rough because im a huge fan! Hot tubs too, but baby takes priority. Actually, it's interesting you say something about the price of the house, because the house we bid on was actually at the top of our price range! So it certainly would be a relief to find something just as nice and cheaper. So you are a dentist! Very admirable career. You made me laugh about the baby brain comment! lol! I am an executive assistant at a major hospital in the city. My boss actually is on maternity leave at the moment (go figure!) but she knows. She's been great support, as she knows we've struggled for a while. Maternity leave certainly doesn't compare over here...we get 12 weeks and that's it. I'm trying to sway dh into letting me work part time, as I know it will be a struggle for me to put our baby in daycare all day. He's hard to convince, but im hoping once the baby comes, he'll change his mind. That is great you got a good deal on some maternity clothes! They are expensive over here, which im sure is the same over there. We haven't bought anything yet, still giving things a little bit of time. Don't want to jinx anything. However, at our U/S on Friday, dh wants to buy picture frames for our parents to put the U/S picture in. He also mentioned he wants to buy baby it's first stuffed animal which I think is the sweetest thing. He is getting more and more excited as the days pass for this child. It truly is such a joy to see how much our love is growing for one another because of this little one :)
IT'S A BOY! 5/13/13

scharpster
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maz882 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:42 am

Im a massive fan of baths too, but again can't anyway because of pregnancy, hopefully when the baby arrives we will have our new boiler and I can have a bath instead of a shower again!!

Let me know how the house goes, if you do find a place thats just as nice but not so pricey then it'll probably make things more comfortable for you especially with another mouth to feed soon!!

That maternity leave sucks. And I think your idea of part time is great.. I plan on going back 3 days a week. Im quite fortunate that in my job I can still earn enough working 3 days a week to afford day care and mortgage etc, as DH is a farmer his income is very low so we rely on mine, Id love to be a stay at home mum but at the same time it'll be nice to have other interests and things that you do!! Part time is kind of the best of both worlds.

I understand waiting to get things like maternity clothes. When the sonographer said the chance of mc was less than 1% I went online that night and bought some!! Maybe jumping the gun a little as dont actually need them but got a little too excited!!

Your DH sounds really sweet, I love the idea of buying it its first stuffed toy, it'll probably have it for the whole of it's life and pass it down to its children!! My DH is excited, he's very laid back so doesn't seem too excited but every so often he will say 'wow thwere's a baby in there' etc. He will make such a fab Dad I can't wait to see them together!!

I have been feeling so emotional recently, I know it's the hormones but I pretty much cant watch an animal charity advert without crying!! So I turn them over now!!xx
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scharpster » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:13 am

The market is surprisingly tight where we are looking. Things come on the market one day, and are gone the next. The area we are looking in is prime location and prime schools, so it is in high demand. We are asking our realtor to inquire about a couple rent properties we came across to see if they'd be willing to sell. It is a little scary, as we have quite the time crunch!
The maternity leave over here is pretty pityful compared to over where you are! I really hope I can sway dh to let me work part time. It's been a dream to be a stay at home mom, but don't know that i'll get that far. Dh loves to invest and be able to go on trips, etc and he panicks at the idea of having only one income. Isn't it the most amazing feeling knowing that dh will be the best dad? It really makes my love grow for him just seeing how excited he is about the baby. Every morning he kisses me goodbye before he heads to work, and now he kisses my belly too. I absolutely love it. I know what you mean about those animal commercials! I always turn them too! Both of our cats were rescues and that kind of thing really pulls at my heart strings. My dh always says we'd run a farm if he'd let me lol! I was listening to the radio yesterday and a story came on about an elderly couple. Every year the husband would buy his wife flowers on valentines day. He died one year, yet the wife still received flowers. On the card it read "I love you, I'll see you again someday in Heaven." He had made the promise with the flower shop that she'd get flowers every year, even after his passing. I was bawling like a baby when I came into work! Nothing more beautiful than a couple's sweet, pure love for one another!
IT'S A BOY! 5/13/13

scharpster
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maz882 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:26 am

Thats such a sweet story, I've heard of a similar one over here but in the flowers it says 'my love for you is eternal' things like that push me over the edge!!

Sounds like a lovely location that you're looking, and I hope you find your new home soon. I guess if you don't just yet then it's best to rent until after the birth and first few months of crazy tiredness, then find a home - rather than rushing to buy one now which may not be as good as you could have. I can't believe they go so quickly but then it makes sense from the popularity of the area.

2 days to go until the scan!! I'm such a mixture of excited and nervous despite having the 10 week scan, how are you feeling about it?

I know what you mean about DH, my friend is just getting a divorce after 3 years married, she told me last year they stopped having sex 18 months before the wedding and hadn't since.. I was really shocked and asked if she was happy with that situation, she said yes she just sees him as a good friend... now he wants someone to have a family with so is filing for divorce. I can't believe someone would go through with a wedding when things hadn't been right for 18 months!!

My DH is 2 years younger than me, not much I know but in terms of TTC it took him a while longer to want to TTC than it did for me (I was WTT for 3 years, and of course waiting for a proposal which fortunately came!!). He is so laid back that we never fight, his Mum and Dad used to argue a lot so he hates it, and I can see how he will be as a father... he's so worried because he hasn't been around kids much. But if you catch him with my sisters kids, he is so natural with them, playing little games others wouldn't think about (maybe thats because hes a big kid at heart and more on their level!!). I'm sure the next few months will go quickly but I cant wait to meet LO. I was thinking today we have to remember this time because this is the only time we will know of LOs existance but have no idea what they are like!! What they look like, what their personality is.. and should see this wait as exciting!! i think Im just too impatient lol.

That's so sweet that DH kisses your belly!! I think until mine starts to get bigger we both won't really believe it's happening (I'm hoping at that point DH kisses my belly too!)x
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scharpster » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:15 am

Yes, it's a seller's market in Texas. We looked at some open houses this weekend and it was scary to see our competition out there! I dont imagine we'll get a deal with a lot of people vying for the same homes. It certainly will be worth the investment though, knowing we're in a safe area with a great school district. Not to mention my parents right around the corner :)
As the scan has gotten closer, i'm actually getting a bit nervous! Our families know, my boss knows, my best friend now knows. A lot riding on this one! I have faith in God though. We wouldn't have told so many people early on if we didn't feel strongly about it. I can feel that baby is pretty happy in there, lots of stretching going on! :)
That's crazy about your friend! Sad too. I guess for some people, things just become comfortable and they are scared to get out. I hope she is able to find happiness and start a family of her own someday.
It took my dh a LONG time to get on board with ttc. For a while, it felt like it was just me wanting the baby. It's funny, we always thought I was the reason we didnt get pregnant. I've always had really painful periods with tons of clots. For the longest time I thought I had endometriosis so that's what prompted me to have the HSG done. All the doctor found was I have an abnormally small uterus which wasnt necessarily a hinderance, and a partially blocked tube. So I asked him, as a birthday present to me, to get his swimmers tested. Low and behold, it was him that was the issue! I think that really was the turning point for us. The pressure was on him, when all these years it was on me! It took me a while to believe that he was 100% on board, I was always skeptical about it because I didnt want to force anything on him. It was a long while before he got over the "are we financially ready" part of it too. When the doctor said we'd have no chances of conceiving naturally with his swimmers, that was kind of the turning point. We knew we had to make some changes if we had any hope of avoiding fertility treatments. I think all dh's are nervous about kids because they know they have to provide. I love what you said about remembering this time. It really is so cool to know about this child, but not fully "know" them yet! What does LO stand for?
IT'S A BOY! 5/13/13

scharpster
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to BFP Charts Only