BBT Spike Confusion?!

Please post your BFP chart as an image in this forum!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BBT Spike Confusion?!

Postby mahlissah » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:31 am

So, normally when I chart, it's standard month in and month out... stable temp, a dip right around when I get a + OPK, and then a day or 2 MAX afterwards I get the temp spike showing that I have indeed ovulated.

However... this month was different. I got a + OPK around my temp dip again (Friday 7/15), but did not get my large temp spike until 6 days after that. I do think it's worth mentioning that I got a - OPK the next day (Saturday 7/16) and the day after that my temp went up, but by .25 degrees. I read somewhere that a rise in temp of at least .20 degrees can still be an indicator of ovulation.

Finally yesterday (Wednesday 7/20), 5 days after my + OPK my temp spiked .51 degrees. Today (Thursday 7/21), my temp went up another .22 degrees. I've attached a photo from the app I've been using to chart.

My husband and I BD the day of the + OPK and the next day but that has been it. Now I'm concerned that we got the timing wrong, or that maybe I O'd late?! I'm getting so bummed that this month was "wasted".

I'm so confused!! Lol. Thoughts, anyone? Any experiences of your own?? I appreciate any input!!
Attachments
IMG_8005.jpg
(66.81 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mahlissah

Re: BBT Spike Confusion?!

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:43 am

your chart looks fine to me, as does your BD schedule. Spermies can live up to 5 days in there! Don't worry about a thing, nothing was "wasted". :)
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45
DD Fiona Jayne - Dec 21, 2015 at 39+4 (BFP Apr 10, 2015 @10dpo) Our sweet solstice baby!
DS Ciaran Reeves - Feb 13, 2017 at 39+4 (BFP June 8, 2016 @13dpo) Best Valentine's gift ever!
"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mahlissah » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:49 am

HighlandGamesGirlCO wrote:your chart looks fine to me, as does your BD schedule. Spermies can live up to 5 days in there! Don't worry about a thing, nothing was "wasted". :)

I'm hoping you're right!!! Thank you so much for your positive response :) I needed that bit of hope.
mahlissah

Postby Crystalnova » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:22 pm

So, I'm new to all of this charting stuff, but this is my first month TTC. I took a clear blue easy OPK
On sunday July 31st and got a blinking smiley face (fertile). My hubs and I "did the deed" twice this day.
The next day (Mon Aug 1st) I got a solid smiley face on my OPK which means most fertile time, so we did the deed again! Starting at 2DPO I have had major cramping, sometimes dull to the point where I wonder if I was imaging it, but then other times where they were very intense. Bouts of nausea in the morning, and I've also had mood swings, hot flashes, bad skin very unusual) crazy dreams, waking up twice a night to go pee, and quite often during the day. I haven't been charging my BBT but on 6DPO I took it in the middle of the day and it was 98.4. Then on 7DPO I took my temp about an hour after waking up and it had dropped to 97.4, then later that day it was above 98. Now today on 8DPO It's back down to 97.4 and I'm
Hardly feeling any cramping now. I took a prenatal vitamin about an hour before I took my temp and then niacin flushed my skin leaving it all read and itchy, and hot to the touch. Is my temp all over the place because I'm taking it at random times during the day??
Crystalnova

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:24 am

Yes, you should always temp at the same time of day every day, just after you wake up and before getting out of bed.
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45
DD Fiona Jayne - Dec 21, 2015 at 39+4 (BFP Apr 10, 2015 @10dpo) Our sweet solstice baby!
DS Ciaran Reeves - Feb 13, 2017 at 39+4 (BFP June 8, 2016 @13dpo) Best Valentine's gift ever!
"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to BFP Charts Only