Vitex: Success Stories?

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Vitex: Success Stories?

Postby mountainmama » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:13 am

Here is my story from another thread:
So I have been using a tincture with Vitex, Wild Yam, and False Unicorn Root given to me by my Naturopathic Doctor. I have struggled with a lack of period for seriously about 10 years! I have had every test under the sun and nothing has come up. 3 doctors have all said I am a "mystery". Not exactly what I wanted to hear. So long story short I am trying a natural approach. I am thrilled to report that after 2 months of consistently taking the mixture I ovulated on my own!!! I got a positive OPK and my temp rose. I am currently 10 dpo and feeling hopeful. I definitely believe they work now; however, it probably depends on the situation and reason. I know Vitex is supposed to help at the root of the problem. It balances the pituitary gland; which must be an issue for me. I think it won't do anything if that is not at the root of the issue.

Vitex is a slow solution...it can take 3 - 6 months to work. I think being consistent and patient is the key. Even though neither of those things are a strength of mine! I take 2 droppers in the morning and 2 droppers in the evening. I have heard that the liquid form is best; however, warning: it tastes awful!!
mountainmama
Friend

Postby wakeup26 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Here's my story from another post when TTC #1:

I started taking vitex on cycle day 119 and ovulated on cycle day 124 which ended in a bfp. I don't know if the vitex really helped or if I just ovulated cause I was long overdue, but I find the coincidence interesting since it's suppose to help regulate menstrual cycles. i was taking 600 mg/ day.

Now that I'm TTC #2....I started to take vitex 2 days ago and today have been having some EWCM....could still be just a coincidence or placebo effect, but hey....whatever works right?! :)
wakeup26
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ttcinlouisiana » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:49 am

Hello everyone....I just want to say I have been ttc for about 5 years and nothing YET!I will start taking Vitex today and hopefully soon I will get a BFP. I will let you guys know how it goes. Fingers crossed!
ttcinlouisiana

Postby BFPPlease » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:29 am

Hi guys, sorry to bump this. But now I'm confused? I have been taking Vitex 3x/day. But you should stop it to O? I thought it helped with regulating so you do O...
Ashley (24) in love with Stephen (28)
TTC#1 since November 2015

My Ovulation Chart
BFPPlease
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby toxxikk » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:22 pm

Just wanted to add my success story from when I was TTC in 2015. At the time, I was still nursing my first child just over a year old. My PP AF returned at 11 months but my LP was anywhere from 4-7 days! I started using a vitex tincture added to RRL tea a few times a day, every day. On the first cycle, my LP reached 9 days and was not as painful/heavy. On the second, 11 days. On the third cycle, I conceived my second son and he was born May 2016. :) With my midwife's approval, I continued to take vitex and RRL through the first trimester to support progesterone. I continued to breastfeed my first through pregnancy and still tandem nurse both of my boys today.
Self diagnosed POAS Addict - watch out!

08.31.12 - BFP! :shock: Night of my father's funeral :cry: :cry: :cry:
10.05.12 - :angel: 8 weeks, baby passed at 7 weeks, began wait for natural miscarriage
11.14.12 - 14 weeks miscarriage finally began
11.26.12 - BFN, OB gives all clear to try again asap!

2.4.13 - BFP faint 9dpo
10.10.13 - Baby boy #1 born! 7lbs 7oz. Natural, unmedicated

8.26.15 - BFP faint 10dpo. TTC'd while breastfeeding with short LP. Used Vitex & RRL
5.8.16 - Baby boy #2 born! 7lbs 10oz. Mother's Day, waterbirth in my backyard

Tandem nursing 3+ years and 1+ years

toxxikk

Previous

Return to Irregular Cycles