Irregular Cycles... Will it ever end?

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Irregular Cycles... Will it ever end?

Postby wildflower » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:47 am

My husband and I have been TTC since June 2011, and I must say, I'm so happy I found this site! I have never been more frustrated in my life. I'm only on my third cycle since going off BC in May 2011. I HAVE ovulated the last two cycles (which is all my cycles thus far :cry: ) and currently on day 90 something of this cycle with no O' yet! I'm temping, using OPK's, checking CM & CP. I've been seeing a chiropractor/accupuncturist with no results, and have been on prenatals all along. My Dr. tested my prolactin levels and it was normal. Does that rule out PCOS?
It's been about 9 months of agony. Of course, we thought we would get preg right away and it's been the most disheartening journey since my body is out of whack. All the stories on here have really lifted my spirits so thank you! I was beginning to think I was the only one with long cycles like this. Anyway, anyone have a similar story and have your cycles eventually regulate to normal??? And how did it happen? Did you go from a long cycle to an immediate short cycle? What did you do to help? Any comments are appreciated! BFP stories from super late ovulation are appreciated too! Thanks for reading my book, lol.
wildflower
Friend

Postby litmajor » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:04 am

It is very frustrating.. I don't know much about PCOS, so I'm sorry I have no experience for you on that.

I went off BCP in March, and had 35 day cycles (with the exception of one 30 day) until August, when we started TTC (used condoms from March until then). Then all of a sudden, my cycles went wacky. August/September was a 55 day cycle, and then my second cycle was a BFP on CD 93. I didn't even know if I had O'd the morning I got my BFP (well, I figured it out pretty quick, haha). It's funny, because my LMP started 30 September, and I will be due in Sept.. So I will go a full year without AF, not counting any BFing time. Not complaining about no AF, but the last three months were rough, with not knowing what was going on.

I never got my cycles regulated, but I will say that late O BFPs are definitely possible! I don't know if I would wait for it again, as you can get Provera and then go on Clomid or something to ensure that you O, but it is certainly within the realm of possibility.
Me- 25
DH- 28
9/6/13- BFP!

The ugliest BFP chart
litmajor
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wildflower » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:23 am

First of all, congrats on your BFP!!!!!!!! :D It really gives me hope!

When you say you didn't know if you O'd, were you charting?
I actually picked up a prescription for provera, but don't want to take it! I keep hanging on to the chance that my body WILL regulate. I don't want to miss O' after waiting this long for it. I know the chances of conception are lower, but you just never know :)
wildflower
Friend

Postby litmajor » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:32 am

Yep, I was temping, OPTing, all that jazz. Finally, I decided to give myself a break over the holidays- I was in my last finals week, we were going to be traveling for the holidays, and I knew it was going to be too difficult to keep up with it all and I was so frustrated with my cycle that I decided to say screw it. So all I know is that I must have O'd somewhere between December 11th and 31st (or rather, 11th and 17th, assuming I had O'd at least two weeks before I got my dark BFP).

I get what you mean about wanting to wait *just in case*. Are you charting and doing OPTs?
Me- 25
DH- 28
9/6/13- BFP!

The ugliest BFP chart
litmajor
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wildflower » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:44 am

That was definitely a late O! I wasn't sure if you just hadn't POAS earlier or if your chart didn't show it or something. Sometimes I think that would help (relaxing from all the charting) but I just can't take the anticipation!

I'm so happy for you and your pregnancy!!! Thanks for the replies :)
wildflower
Friend

Postby wildflower » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:50 am

...and yes, charting and opt's!
wildflower
Friend

Postby wildflower » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:15 am

Update!!! I just ovulated on day 127!!!!! I'm currently 2dpo. I know 3 high temps confirm, but my temp has never gone up temporarily and came back down. My nipples are sooo sore too! We BD'd the day of O and the day before. Praying for a miracle BFP and not obsessing bc I trust in God for His right time!
wildflower
Friend

Postby litmajor » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:24 am

Yay congrats on the O! You'll find that the 2WW really isn't all that bad when you've waited to O for months :lol:
Me- 25
DH- 28
9/6/13- BFP!

The ugliest BFP chart
litmajor
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rubyru » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:28 am

Best of luck. Both my daughters were conceived on long cycles and after 15+ years of irregular/long cycles and 2 children, my cycles have finally started to regulate the last 4 have been less than 40 days each, which is super short for me.
Rubyru
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tee2876 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:14 am

Good luck wildflower - Im nearing day 60 and you give me hope! Keep us posted
Tee2876
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakeup26 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Yeah wildflower !! you give me hope!! I'm currently at cycle day 126 so your O day is motivating for me! Will be following your 2ww..please keep us posted!
wakeup26
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wildflower » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:08 am

Thank you everyone!!! All your comments are so uplifting.

Wakeup- Don't give up! I read yesterday of a girl on fertilityfriend that just got her :bfp: on CD 125! It IS possible :D

3dpo and counting...
wildflower
Friend

Postby Devaness » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Yayyy, so happy that you finally got your O! I hope that all your waiting and charting and OPTing will have a wonderful pay off! Please keep us posted!!
Devaness
Friend

Postby wildflower » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:21 am

9dpo today- BFN this morning (I know it's a little early, but sooo anxious!)

Today's temp was 99.1! The highest yet, however my sore nipples have subsided the last few days. Not sure what to think.
wildflower
Friend

Postby wildflower » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:45 pm

God is SO good!!!

I got my 1st ever BFP TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11DPO (thought I was 12, but fertility friend says 11) with O' on CD 127!!! Check out my details in the TWW homepage for BFP's :)))

Thank you girl's for support and please pray for a healthly pregnancy for me. I'll be praying for all of you to be blessed too and for God's will to unfold in your lives. It's only by His grace that I'm able to write this awesome news today!
wildflower
Friend

Next

Return to Irregular Cycles