Irregular long cycles and charting

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Irregular long cycles and charting

Postby Tee2876 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:26 am

Hello girls,

I am currently CD 58 or so...I decided to start BBT mid cycle. I've done a lot of reading on this method and it can be helpful. Anyone with long irr cycles start charting mid cycle or currently chart at all??

How has this helped you?
Do you have PCOS?
Do you or do you not ovulate based on charting and what are your findings?

Any feedback is appreciated!
Tee2876
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby B26 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:18 am

I have long irregular cycles too, my shortest one being 40 days and longest one roughly 60. I finally started charting mid cycle this cycle after getting some false positive OPKs with fmu. I got tired of stressing out about whether I actually O'd or not. Not diagnosed with PCOS but going to see a RE this upcoming week for my first appt. I started charting on CD 25 and it was pretty much a linear horizontal line so I was convinced it was going to be an annovulatory cycle. I started spotting on Cd 38 so I stopped OPKs thinking AF was on its way. Then the spotting stopped after a few days so I was like wth I'm just going to start my OPKs again (all the while I was still temping). Lo and behold 3 days later I got a positive opk with third urine of the day and temp shift the next day. I'm now 6dpo. It was great to be able to confirm O and at least have an idea when this cycle will be over (either ending in a bfp or at least getting AF).
B26
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby wakeup26 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Hey tee2876! I have extremely long cycles, currently on cycle day 131. I started tempting at cycle day 55 cause I was wondering what the hell was going on with my body. As you can see from my chart, my temps are all over the place, and it seems as though my body tried several times to ovulate (temp drop, then back up) but unsuccesfully.
I suspect i have PCOS but have to wait for my blood test on the fifth day of my next cycle...so it's the waiting game again. Tempting gives me a sense of control so I find is useful for this, but it is extremely boring when you have long cycles...you get so use to it that you forget after a while. Anyway, I also found it useful as info for my doc.
It seems as though I finally ovulated for real 7 days ago, but will have to see in a couple of days if my body was sucessful or not! hope this helps!
hang in there " border="0" />
wakeup26
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Tee2876 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:49 pm

thanks girls! i think this temping thing is really going to help! Good luck to you both and babydust!
Tee2876
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tee2876 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:22 pm

Hey B26 did I see somewhere you got your BFP!!! Well hope this mid cycle charting works for me like it did you.
Tee2876
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby B26 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:51 pm

I just did this morning Tee! I'm totally going to chart stalk you to see how it turns out! How are you liking it so far? Are you using opks too? The waiting definitely is long and frustrating. I'm actually scheduled for a follow up with the RE I just saw too who was going to run baseline testing to eventually start me on clomid. I don't know if I should cancel it all together or postpone it in case this doesn't stick and I'm back to my long cycles again! But it is possible to still O and have a positive outcome in an irregular cycle. I got my bfp last August on cd 62 (it unfortunately ended in a m/c in November). That's why I was still chugging along with my opks even though I was getting discouraged. And adding on the temping was just kind of nice to give me something else to do besides POAS!
B26
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby B26 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Do you have a link to your chart anywhere Tee?
B26
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Tee2876 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Happy for u!!! I will link it when I get home. I just did OPK its + or very close!!
Tee2876
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Irregular Cycles