First Normal Cycle since August!!!

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First Normal Cycle since August!!!

Postby Emerald05 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:31 pm

Hey ladies!!!

I'm actually having a normal cycle this cycle, so I thought I'd share what seems to have worked for me!!!

I've always had pretty irregular cycles (35-60 days), and I hadn't had a shorter cycle since August. So this cycle I decided to try something new! One, I decided to work out almost every day! This actually helped me in 2 ways. 1) I had a ton more energy and 2) my temps were SOOOO steady!!! Usually they fly all over the place pre-O, but when I exercised every day my temp the next morning was always steady. I kind of thought of it as my blood pumping and cleaning out my system faster so it could start over.

The second thing I tried was acupuncture. I had 2 session of acupunture, one on CD 9 and the other CD 13. I'm usually pretty skeptical about stuff like this, but my doctor suggested it before going the hormones route. I get bad migraines from hormonal treatments, so my doctor is hesitant to put me on clomid or anything like that.

I'm not really sure what was the main cause in the end, but all I know is this is my most normal cycle since August of last year!!! :jump: :jump: :jump: Hopefully it is a successful one!

Good luck and baby dust ladies!!!
Me (Whitney): 25; Right tube removed due to hydrosalpinx and left tube/ovary covered in scar tissue/adhesions
DH: 26; great swimmers
Married June 2009 & TTC #1 since June 2011
Aug-Sept 2012 IVF: ER 41 eggs, 41 Mature, 28 Fertilized, transferred 1 5AA and have 7 snowbabies!
BFP 9/10/2012 @ 5dp5dt!
DD Born May 8th, 2013!

My Ovulation Chart
Emerald05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tee2876 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:20 pm

congrats on all things good! Good luck and baby dust - Im CD 64 woo hoo almost longest ever :(
Tee2876
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Emerald05 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Oh no Tee that sounds terrible! I always said if I hit 60 days without ovulating, I'd go in and get provera to induce AF and hopefully get my cycle jumpstarted.

Do you chart at all? It helps me a lot. But it sucks when you have irregular cycles because you wake up early for weeks with absolutely NOTHING to show for it but crazy zigzags!

Best of luck!
Me (Whitney): 25; Right tube removed due to hydrosalpinx and left tube/ovary covered in scar tissue/adhesions
DH: 26; great swimmers
Married June 2009 & TTC #1 since June 2011
Aug-Sept 2012 IVF: ER 41 eggs, 41 Mature, 28 Fertilized, transferred 1 5AA and have 7 snowbabies!
BFP 9/10/2012 @ 5dp5dt!
DD Born May 8th, 2013!

My Ovulation Chart
Emerald05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Irregular Cycles