One year mark... WHAT SHOULD I DO??? :(

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

One year mark... WHAT SHOULD I DO??? :(

Postby Baby_Bumble_Bee » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:50 am

well... The beginning of this mark marks the 1 year date since I have been off birth control... and 8 months since we have been trying. We werent ever careful once I got off BC, but I wasnt charting or anything like that ( I thought this would be an easy process). I'm just wondering should I continue to try for another few months or is it time for me to go get some testing done??

I'm 24, average weight, just had my thyroid tested that was normal, took one of those home fertility tests that came back good...things seem to be in fine working order, but i'm still not pregnant. I know there are many other factors that play into getting pregnant, but im just stating that the obvious things that can prevent pregnancy are normal :)

If there is anyone out there who has gone to the doctor for help can you please just let me know what I can expect?? and If you had any success. Also, how long did you wait before you were seen by a doc?

Thank you to all of you who respond. This has been one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. I dont have any friends or family that have gone through this and i'm sick of hearing things like "it will happen when its suppose to" and "just dont think about it" ... people who havent gone through this just dont understand. You all have given me the help and support that I need. THANK YOU and BABY DUST TO ALL!!!!
TTC for 1 1/2 years for baby #1 , DX: PCOS August 2012, Angel Baby, May 2011
Baby_Bumble_Bee
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mamay » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:38 am

Most docs won't even see you until you've been TTC at least a year. First thing they will usually do is order a full blood work up so they can see why your aren't getting pregnant. (For me I wasn't ovulating.) Once he figured that out he wrote me a script for Clomid. But he wanted me to take a month of BC before I started the Clomid so I could be sure of the dates. It was about 3 months from when I had my initial visit with him to when I actually started the Clomid. THAT was the frusterating thing. But I'm glad we went. Good luck!
Melissa (30) DH (39) DS (8) DD(2)
TTC #3 for 12 months
Clomid Round #1 50mg- BFN

Suprise BFP au natural- 2/19!
Beta #1- 2/27- 712
Beat #2- 2/28- 1473
mamay
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Baby_Bumble_Bee » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:54 am

I just had a chem 12 and CBC done 2 weeks ago which check bodily functions. I also had a thyroid test done which came back fine. So I think it will be easy to talk to my doc about doing some additional blood work :) I have heard of all these tests that some doctors want to run and i'm just not sure if i'm ready to take that drastic of measures yet. If it is as simple as yours them I wont mind so much.

I'm almost positive that I havent been ovulating every month. I do use OPKs and I dont always get a positive result each month, I figured it was because I wasnt testing at the right times (some women talk about testing up to 3 times a day and i was only testing once). But now that it has been so long i'm starting to wonder if its something else :/

Thank you for responding, its very helpful hearing what others have gone through and puts my mind at ease a little bit. Not being able to conceive is kind of scary territory, especially since I dont know anyone who has had this issue before.

Thanks again!!
TTC for 1 1/2 years for baby #1 , DX: PCOS August 2012, Angel Baby, May 2011
Baby_Bumble_Bee
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mamay » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:42 pm

Mine was pretty simple. They started on CD 3 I think it was and did a full work up. Then I went back towards the end of my cycle and they checks FSH levels to see if I was O'ing. Then I went on a month of BC then I started Clomid days 5-9. After that cycle I went in for another blood draw to see if the Clomid worked. The worst part for me was all the waiting in between. Its like you try for a year (or over) and then you are so close to getting the meds to make it happen and its more hurry up and wait. Most women who start Clomid will get pregnant within 3-6 months of starting it. But I will say it is truly worth it and you won't be sorry.
Melissa (30) DH (39) DS (8) DD(2)
TTC #3 for 12 months
Clomid Round #1 50mg- BFN

Suprise BFP au natural- 2/19!
Beta #1- 2/27- 712
Beat #2- 2/28- 1473
mamay
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Irregular Cycles