Meds Question

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Meds Question

Postby bella205 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:06 pm

I will be going on Metformin due to an slightly elevated testosterone level and some thyroid medication due to a slightly elevated thyroid level. My RE told me that if I weren't TTC she would not even treat me for any of it. Anyone have any experience with any of these meds? Or thyroid issues??
bella205
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby socialite_baby » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:40 pm

PCOS and thyroid issues usually go hand in hand. I just have thyroid issues and take 50 mcg Levothyroxine 6 days a week. For TTC your TSH level should be in the 1 - 2.5 range, Free T's in the upper 2/3 of the lab range (varies). I haven't had any issues with the Levo itself, but I did end up being over medicated and went from hypo to hyper pretty fast... You might consider seeing an endocrinologist for both your elevated testosterone and thyroid, they might better be able to look into your issues deeper as they don't just affect fertility. I know with thyroid issues REs are rarely up to date and you'll want antibodies tested that some won't do (mine didn't).
Lindsay (Mild Endo, thin PCOS, Hypothyroid, implantation failure)
TTC #1 for 7.5 years...

April - November 2011 - 7 Rounds of 50 mg Clomid, 3 IUIs. All BFN.
February - March, June 2012 - 3 Rounds 5 mg Femara. BFN.
April 2012 - "Immune Protocol" Follistim IUI. BFN.
May 2012 - Diagnosed activated natural killer cells and told we'll NEVER conceive naturally... *treatment break*
October 2015 - IVF #1. OHSS. Freeze all. 9 blasts on ice.
November 2015 - FET #1. BFN.
January 2016 - Holy *NATURAL* BFP!!! WTF?! First ultrasound 2/1/2016. Praying for a healthy sticky baby. <3
socialite_baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Irregular Cycles