No af since 6/19/2011 almost 1yr... Q about Soy isoflavone

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

No af since 6/19/2011 almost 1yr... Q about Soy isoflavone

Postby 2wwaiter » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:10 pm

I havn't had a period since June 19th 2011. I've heard a lot of great things about Soy isoflavone . Many women got a BFP on their first and second cycle of TTC. But I can't find anywhere info about when to take it if you have irregular or no periods at all. The info I found about the Soy isoflavone is to take on cycle days 1-5 or 5-10 etc.. Has anyone else heard of this or tried this... any answers are greatly appreciated. I have been trying to conceive for several years with no success.. Recently I got a positive on a clearblue digital test.. It flat out said "PREGNANT" I went to the Dr. and got blood work done, only to find out that it was a fluke... thanks for reading ladies and like I said any answers are really appreciated. ;-)
2wwaiter

Postby Tee2876 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Wow almost a year! I thought my 117 days was bad... You haven't talked to your Dr about enducing yoru cycle??
Tee2876
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Emerald05 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:54 pm

I tried taking soy and it ended up making things worse for me actually! It really depends on what's making your cycles irregular. If you have too much estrogen then soy will only make things worse. But it helps in making high quality eggs if you don't have enough estrogen. Most people take it on days 3-7 of their cycle curing AF. I think you would need to have AF before starting it.

Since you are so late in your cycle I'd suggest taking vitex. It can take a while to kick in (up to 3 months), but there is lots of research that shows it helps regulate cycles. I can't attest to it personally since I just started taking it like 2 weeks ago, but I've seen lots of ladies swear by it and read up on it a lot.

Also, if you can I would advise going in and possibly having AF induced. For some ladies irregular cycles can be fixed just by being kick started this way.

Good luck!
Me (Whitney): 25; Right tube removed due to hydrosalpinx and left tube/ovary covered in scar tissue/adhesions
DH: 26; great swimmers
Married June 2009 & TTC #1 since June 2011
Aug-Sept 2012 IVF: ER 41 eggs, 41 Mature, 28 Fertilized, transferred 1 5AA and have 7 snowbabies!
BFP 9/10/2012 @ 5dp5dt!
DD Born May 8th, 2013!

My Ovulation Chart
Emerald05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Irregular Cycles