halp! lots of spotting, no idea whats going on-

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

halp! lots of spotting, no idea whats going on-

Postby sandralark » Mon May 07, 2012 1:52 pm

hi, everyone! i'm new to the forums (stalking for the last two months, but now a little less shy to post and respond) and i feel like you gals here might be able to answer a few questions.

i'm 25, DP is 32 and we began TTC three cycles ago. I was on the depo shot for 4 years, which I stopped taking in sept of last year and took bc pill until we began TTC.

my cycles since we began have been strange. I know they can vary in length, but they have been pretty regular (about 35 days). the issue is spotting!! I spot around my o date (usually about cd 16 or 18) for three days. light pink-ish blood, only enough to wear a liner, accompanied by some intense cramping. it always goes away and then nine days later, i start to spot again! brown, clot-like (TMI, sorry!) spotting for 3 or 4 days. no cramping. then it stops. about a week and a half later, AF shows, heavy bleeding, cramping, etc. i don't really spot leading in to or after AF... its sort of an ON or OFF thing, you know?

at first, I was thrilled about my second round of spotting, thinking it was IB... clearly, not the case as this is the third month of it and the third BFN...

anyone? i have yet to find anyone with a similar cycle looking at charts and all. i'm worried there may be a serious issue here, or that i'm panicking over nothing and bc is still just making me squirrely.

ANY advice, comments, or help is so very extremely appreciated.
sandralark

Postby pinknow » Tue May 08, 2012 6:23 am

Ok Sandra i hope this might help you.
I had a similar case last two cycles and my dr said it was dysfunctional bleeding, he placed me on primolut N 1 tablet daily for 21 days(am still on it) and the bleeding ceased two days later it was meant to correct the cycle since its a hormonal issue am also taking fertilaid, mag/cal and zinc. Epo is also good
pinknow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby sandralark » Tue May 08, 2012 6:47 am

pinknow, thank you so much for responding!

i haven't set up another dr appointment yet, but we are getting close to my annual. i may wait one more month and temp this time to see if i can get more data. i will certainly bring along this list of meds/supplements you are taking to ask her about. you're the first person i've spoken to with similar issues, i didnt even know what to tell my dr!

the only other thing i've ever heard was B12, but since I get 400% of that with my prenatals, i thought taking any more would be super overkill..... haha

thank you again!!
sandralark

Return to Irregular Cycles