PCOS on Glucophage (metformin) is it working?

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

PCOS on Glucophage (metformin) is it working?

Postby Cins13 » Sun May 20, 2012 12:11 pm

I used to have a 35-40 day very painfull period never missed one it normally lasted between 5 and 7 days, I was diagnosed with PCOS 29th of March, Started on Glucophage (metformin)(on day 26 of a 41 day cycle) first month my cycle was 41 days no pain lasted 5 days. Second one was 29 days and period lasted only 2 days and was very light with almost no pain. Is this just the Glucophage (metformin) starting to work or should I be worried? and how would I know if I am actually ovulating now that I am on Glucophage (metformin)?
Cins13

Postby bella205 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:21 pm

I'm on Metformin too. I started it last month on CD 77. It took about 3 weeks for it to work and about 5 weeks for AF to come at CD 114. AF lasted about 7 days. I think I O'd around that 3 week mark. I am now on CD13 with nothing to really report. I am very eager to see when my next cycle will begin. I have read many women having results just like yours and especially getting pregnant after being on it for a few cycles, even only one cycle!

I would recommend getting some OPK's or even temping. I am not doing either as I am choosing to just let mother nature (and the Metformin) do it's own thing.

How are you handling the Met? It's been fine for me except I noticed if I eat alot of sugar or carbs, I get a very upset stomach. Other than that, it's been great.
bella205
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Cins13 » Sat May 26, 2012 1:21 pm

bella205 wrote:I'm on Metformin too. I started it last month on CD 77. It took about 3 weeks for it to work and about 5 weeks for AF to come at CD 114. AF lasted about 7 days. I think I O'd around that 3 week mark. I am now on CD13 with nothing to really report. I am very eager to see when my next cycle will begin. I have read many women having results just like yours and especially getting pregnant after being on it for a few cycles, even only one cycle!

I would recommend getting some OPK's or even temping. I am not doing either as I am choosing to just let mother nature (and the Metformin) do it's own thing.

How are you handling the Met? It's been fine for me except I noticed if I eat alot of sugar or carbs, I get a very upset stomach. Other than that, it's been great.

Thanks for the info, yes I tend to get the same side effects when eating carbs and sugary stuff, I feel really sick when I eat the wrong things.
I will have see how things go, My body is just acting totally strange since I started the Metformin.
I also prefer Mother nature to take it's course. :D
Cins13

Return to Irregular Cycles