Feeling a little lost...?

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Feeling a little lost...?

Postby vbaker13 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi Ladies!! This is my first time writing here, I just love reading all your stories and thought I should share mine and get your thoughts. This is my second cycle TTCing, I stopped taking BCP at the end of March. Last month my cycle was 44 days long, I was always 28 days on BCP. Last month I never really used any fertility aids, this month I am using OPK's, BBT Charting and Fertile Focus Savlia Testing. CD 1 was May 11th, so today is CD 32 (long cycles are the worst, even more waiting!). I wasn't sure how long my cycle would be this time, I was hoping it was just longer last month because my body was still adjusting to stopping BCP. So since I wasn't sure how long my cycle would be this month we started BDing every other day on CD 13 and still continuing that now. I started using OPKs on CD 13 but they have yet to show anything more than a faint line for me... I'm convinced they don't work for me! Yesterday I got full ferning twice during the day with my Fertile Focus and that was the day I was expecting to ovulate based on 44 day cycle. However, no change in BBT to suggest ovulation yet.

Were any of you ladies taking the 3 month extended period BCP? And how long did it take to regulate and what were your cycles like?

Anybody know if OPK tests don't work for everyone?

Anybody using the Fertile Focus or other Saliva testing, I'd love to hear your thoughts on interpreting the results? How do you determine the difference between Not Fertile and Transitioning??

I'm starting to feel a bit discouraged cause I have not seen a temperature shift yet.... and I've been hoping for the last few weeks to see something sooner to indicate a shorter cycle this month. I'm starting to think I will never see a change! What if it doesn't shift higher at all and I eventually start AF? Anybody have this happen and still ovulated? Does BBT work for everyone guaranteed or will it not show a shift for some women?

Please share your thoughts, last month I felt like I didn't have control over anything and this month I felt a bit more in control what with all the tools I had this month but now with nothing showing a for sure positive I'm just not sure anymore....

Thanks Ladies!!
vbaker13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Levi » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:50 am

Hi Vbaker, I am sorry I don't know all the answers to your questions but I thought i would say hello as not to read and run! I too am on my second month after having the mirena removed in April. I am using ovulation predictor kit and charting my temp too and so far I haven't had a proper af. Just 7 days of brown spotting which I am counting as an af so i can start calculating it all! So today is cd9 for me (hopefully). Last month I had 6 days of positive opks and i think i did ovulate, even thought i could be pregnant for a couple of weeks but kept getting bfns. Then the brown spotting so i think i am ajusting after the coil and maybe you are the same. They do say it can take 3 months or so to balance out the hormones. Fingers crossed for us both ovulating! xx
Levi
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby vbaker13 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:55 am

Hi! Thanks for the response! They say that brown spotting doesnt really count as AF but 7 days of that is alot!! I think I would probably count that too! I have had a proper AF Once soo far, it was shorter and lighter than it uses to be on BCP but it was red and definitely AF. I've done some research in the last few days and as it turns out there are cases where BBT charting doesnt work for everyone. And it is possible to ovulate without a temperature shift. But without the OPKs working for me I'm kinda back to square one of waiting to see what my body is doing and just hoping that I ovulated and that we times it right. I thought that I would feel more in control with all these tools to help me figure it out but I'm just as lost as I was last month with no tools.
vbaker13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Levi » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:02 am

hiya! yes i thought that, i kept expecting af to come in full force but it never showed! weird weird. BBT charts don't work for some, gosh. I am around 35-36 Celsius most days at the moment and just started putting them into the chart. Its going up and down all over the place...I think the opks work for me, the monitor is good so far and is recording everything. What's the salvia testing? are you doing that still? CD10 for me today, i have no idea when i will ovulate! x
Levi
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby vbaker13 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:58 am

Levi, Which monitor are you talking about??

I am usually always 36.something Celsius and I'm currently CD36 and still no ovulation according to my BBT chart and mine is all over the place as well...
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3cd1e7

Yes, I am still doing the Savlia testing, usually twice a day as the results can vary and different times work better for different people. Below is the link to the one that I use. I like it better than OPK's since its reusable for the one time cost and you can test as many times a day as you want and no need to drink lots of water and wait till you have to pee! All you do is put a drop of saliva from under your tongue onto the slide and wait for it to dry completely, then look. It's a little bit hard to determine what your looking at sometimes but the more you do it you'll figure it out and once you see ferning you'll know what your looking for. Basically your looking for three categories, Not fertile (no ferns at all just plain with air bubbles and lines), Transitioning (any little ferns at all I would call transitioning 4-5 days until ovulation or gearing down after ovulation), and Fertile (full big ferns that cover the slide)
http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/sa ... -test.html
vbaker13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Levi » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Hey vbaker
Thanks for those links. I am using the clearblue fertility monitor see the reviews:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clearblue-81104 ... B0012PB8EO

So is this your second month trying? Have you spoken to any doctors about being irregular?
Levi
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby medamomma2 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:01 am

Levi wrote:Hi Vbaker, I am sorry I don't know all the answers to your questions but I thought i would say hello as not to read and run! I too am on my second month after having the mirena removed in April. I am using ovulation predictor kit and charting my temp too and so far I haven't had a proper af. Just 7 days of brown spotting which I am counting as an af so i can start calculating it all! So today is cd9 for me (hopefully). Last month I had 6 days of positive opks and i think i did ovulate, even thought i could be pregnant for a couple of weeks but kept getting bfns. Then the brown spotting so i think i am ajusting after the coil and maybe you are the same. They do say it can take 3 months or so to balance out the hormones. Fingers crossed for us both ovulating! xx

WE are so in the same boat here.
medamomma2
Friend

Postby Levi » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi medamomma2

How are you getting on?
Levi
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Irregular Cycles