My doctors = useless, so should I begin to chart mid-cycle?

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

My doctors = useless, so should I begin to chart mid-cycle?

Postby PrincessX » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:37 am

So I'm trying to figure out if it is possible (and a good idea) to start charting mid-cycle.

I started my period exceptionally late in adolescence (I had cancer as a child with chemo but not radiation and so I thought that had something to do with it). My period was very erratic (almost non-existent) so I went on BC at 18 and continued for 11 years. Once off BC my period took 6 months to become regular. For 9 months my period was every 30-32 days like clockwork and then I'm not sure what happened but this cycle cd30 and cd32 came and went without my period. So now I'm on cd80 today and completely frustrated. I am still testing negative, but of course am feeling all the "phantom" symptoms like food aversions, slightly sensitive breasts, exhausted all the time, and mild cramps. I've called my doctor and my endocrinologist (because I have diabetes) neither will help me. My doctor blames my diabetes without testing me or looking into anything and refers me to the endocrinologist and my endocrinologist won't call me back. So, I'm alone on this...

I'm tired of waiting for doctors who don't want to help me. I feel like I need to take some control back and start doing something so I'm wondering if starting to chart mid-cycle will work. Has anyone started charting temps mid-cycle in a very very unreliable and long cycle?
PrincessX
Friend

Postby maddy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:48 am

Yes I have long irregular cycles and have started charting mid cycle. As long as you have about a week or so of temps prior to O, it should be able to show a tep shift when you O.
maddy

Return to Irregular Cycles