Are irregular cycles and annovulation depressing you too?

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Are fertility concerns making you depressed?

Yes
92%
No
No votes
Maybe a bit
8%

Total votes : 13

Are irregular cycles and annovulation depressing you too?

Postby Kaiowa » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Hello everyone.

So frustrated; I have only ovulated once since November last year and finally gone to see the Doctor. Been examined. Hope everything will come back okay. Starting to wonder if the stress and sadness I'm feeling is making things worse.

Just wondered who else out there is finding life difficult because of these kinds of fertility concerns. Would be nice if we could share our thoughts and feelings with each other and provide a supportive group. Also any tips you gals might have on how you deal with your worries would be great for all of us!

Kaiowa xxxx
Kaiowa
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Tee2876 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:54 pm

I had a long cycle from Dec till end of April it was so frustrating, I got more focused starting temping and now Im more regular! I feel temping took the guess work out of the are we or are we not prego and especially saved $$$ on testing needlessly. I totally suggest it, even mid cycle I did!
Tee2876
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JazzBaby » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:26 pm

I too have long and irregular cycles. As of today 7/18/12, I am on CD 90! Yes, 90!! My last AF was on 4/20. I started to take Vitex since 6/10 and still no sign of AF or O. I stopped taking Vitex since Thursday because I know my doctor will most likely prescribe me meds to bring down AF so I dont want Vitex in my body so the meds doc gives me can work.

It is frustrating when you want to get pregnant and have to deal with these issues. I was tested last year around March and everything came back normal. Maybe I'll tell my doctor to check me again since I have never been this late. I am just looking forward to jump start my body after doc gives me meds so I can start all over and this time, temp (which I wasnt doing) and use mu OPK, which I have been using and thats how I know I havent O'd.
7/1/11 = M/C @ 6wks 6 days
9/1/12 = BFP @ 9 DPO
9/19/12 = :hb: 99 bpm (6 weeks 0 days)
12/28/12 = :hb: 153 bpm (20 weeks 2 days) - Team Blue
5/5/13 = My DS born (38 weeks 4 days)

JazzBaby
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby bean629 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:37 am

Ladies I feel your pain. I m/c at the end of March - bled for 21 days straight and then had a normal period 20 days later. Since then - nothing - nada. I temp regularly and use opks. I geared up to ovulate but never did - no temp jump. I am on cycle day 90 and frustrated beyond belief. Guess it's time to call the doctor. I just wish my body would work normally for once!
Me: 35
DH: 32
2 Fur Babies
TTC #1

1 angel baby - 3/28/12
bean629
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Kaiowa » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks ladies for sharing your experiences. It's nice to know that none of us are alone in this. Funnily enough, the only time I ovulated since November was after I had spent a week on this message board venting. A part of me wonders if sharing stresses eased my overall anxiety and allowed me to ovulate.

Thus I think it's good for us all to vent.

JazzBaby--I'm also taking vitex and I think I'll continue until I get the results back from my doctor; got a blood test coming up. I was wondering if you ever got your levels checked to see if you were deficient in anything, e.g. vitamins etc. Interestingly my doctor didn't even mention it as a possibility so maybe a visit to a nutritionist is in order?

Tee--I do temp as well. You're right about saving money (and heartbreak) testing needlessly.

Bean629--first of sorry to hear about your m/c. I have heard it can take a while for things to sort out after m/c. However, I would still get checked out just in case. I was told wait three months after coming off the pill to see my cycles regulate and that waiting was a waste of time. Hope you find answers about what is going on.

I wondered if any of you ladies struggle with feeling sort of 'broken' as a women. It sounds horrible but society sort of teaches us we're meant to be these fertile reproducing women as if regular periods and quick pregnancies are a birthright. I'm finding it so hard to reconcile this image of what I should be with what is actually going on with me.

Kaiowa x
Kaiowa
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby JazzBaby » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:21 am

We are definately not alone.

Kaiowa- I was taking vitamins. I was actually taking the One-A-Day prenatal vitamins. I was doing that for the extra folic acid we need. I guess I will soon find out that is my issue. When I went to the doctor on Thursday she did some blood work. I say on the paper, she wanted FSH, Prolactin and other stuff I cant remember. I am supposed to call her on Monday for my results. I am a bit nervous I guess because since I never been this long without AF I feel something might be wrong. Last year, I was like also for like 2 months and she did blood work and everything was fine. If everything is ok, she told me to fill the prescription for Provera she gave me. I will keep you ladies posted.
9/1/12 = BFP @ 9 DPO

JazzBaby
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Kaiowa » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:05 pm

It's interesting that we seem to be in a similar boat really. The odd thing is though that I still bleed (only erratically and much lighter than a period). My doctor seemed to think they wouldn't put me on anything until I'd been trying for over a year, even if test showed hormone imbalance. However I won't put up with that!

Kaiowa
Kaiowa
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby JazzBaby » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Well ladies, I got my results today and it turns out everything is ok. She tested my prolactin just to make sure no tumor on the pituitary gland, no thyroid issues and everything else is fine. She told me she wanted to rule out any of those issues because if I had them the provera wouldnt have worked. She gave me the go ahead on the provera. I already took one today. She did tell me that I do have a homeone imbalance thats why I havent ovulated but that the provera should help me. Who would have thought I would be looking forward to AF...lol?! I guess in the TTC world we do.
9/1/12 = BFP @ 9 DPO

JazzBaby
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Kaiowa » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:53 am

I'm relieved to hear there's nothing wrong :) Let us know how you get on with the Provera :) x
Kaiowa
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby JazzBaby » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:35 pm

Thanks Kaiowa.

I will keep you ladies posted. Today is my 2nd day on Provera. No side effects. Last year when I took it, it just made me a little more irritated and some mild cramps but that basically all. It wasnt excrutiating pain. I've read so horror stories from people but with me it looks like its ok with my body.
9/1/12 = BFP @ 9 DPO

JazzBaby
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Kaiowa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:31 am

Do you have to take something else after Provera regulates things, in order to stimulate ovulation?

Went to have my blood test today. Never had blood taken before and I was obviously tense because the nurse found my vein but my blood would just not come out. It made me so dizzy and I think I had a panic attack because the blood rushed to my head so I couldn't see, and I was almost sick. She had to lay me down on the floor and cool me down. Told me to rebook the test but I said, "No, if I'm going to faint, I'll do it today! Take it out my other arm." LOL. So she took my blood whilst I was laying on the floor. God the things I put myself through to conceive!

One concerning thing though was that she testing my wee and she said there was a small amount of protein in it. I will have to wait and see what that means....

Kaiowa 8)
Kaiowa
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby JazzBaby » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:05 pm

Kaiowa, no I dont have to take anything else to stimulate ovulation. My doctor did tell me if I am not ovulating then we should be looking for meds to help me such as Clomid. I told her to give me about 2-3 months to see if I can do this on my own. I am scared of the possibility of multiple babies on Clomid...lol. After the Provera bring AF for me, I will go on Vitex. To see if it helps with the ovulation. I hear so many good things. I was trying it before for like a month and it was working because I didnt get AF or O but that was on this irregular cycle I am on. I have stopped Vitex now since I dont want it to interfer witht the Provera but I will go back to it one AF shows. I feel maybe Provera will jumpstart my body and then the Vitex will do its thing!! :)

Oh!, it sounds to me as if you cant take the feeling and the process of blood withdrawn. Next time, try not to look away...lol. I am the other way around. I have to see when the needle is going in because if I dont I feel like I will jump and it will hurt me more. So, I have to look at the whole process...lol.

I am not sure what does protein in the urine means but if I were you, I would google it. I hope thats nothing major for you and your TTC'ing journey. Good luck!
9/1/12 = BFP @ 9 DPO

JazzBaby
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Kaiowa » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:57 am

Thanks, I think the problem was that the blood wasn't coming out, so I started to panic because it was taking ages. Oh well all done now. I'll just see what the doctor has to say when I get all my results back.

I'm currently on vitex myself but I'm not sure it's definitely helping...I hope it works out for you anyway. I heard about Clomid producing a higher incidence of twins, but I always felt I'd like twins lol. I just hope I get to the bottom of the what's happening soon :)

Kaiowa x
Kaiowa
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby blueberryhill83 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:37 pm

i was anxious my body kept gearing up to O and then i wouldn't so i thought i would be in the TTW but after 12 dpo my body would just start trying to ovulate again... i went to the dr last week and she put me on provera i have not had a normal cycle since jan.. just some break through bleeding which I last had in April.. on sat im going for blood work 20 tests worth... if the provera doesn't get me going and my tests come back normal well start clomid.. she thinks i have pcos.. im glad i finally found a dr to start a clean slate with me... im so nervous and i get upset about everything pregnant now.. blah
Me- Breanne - 30; DH- 38
2 furbabies (adopted)

First BFP on 11/7/2010 - chemical
BCPs from 12/10 - 1/12

was tested with High Testosterone level 58 / high prolactin
9/14 ivfnj - results:

HSG clear = ovarian torsion = lap and thoughts of ovarian cancer .. all clear

moved to FL was diagnosed with low Vitamin D..

3rd cycle of Femara 5 mg with novarel trigger BFP on 10 dpo !!! so excited!!
beta #1 - 11 dpo 26.6 progesterone 31.1
beta #2 - 13 dpo 85.8

Weight loss 30 lbs

~*~*~ BABY DUST~*~*~
blueberryhill83
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JazzBaby » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:59 pm

Kaiowa - I hope everything comes out well for you. I was nervous about my blood work results but seems like everything is ok. I am scared of Clomid but I too wouldnt mind twins, it would be a blessing. What the great all mighty wants for me.

blueberryhill83 - My doctor didnt tell me that I had PCOS she did say I have a hormone imbalance I guess thats you I havent had a period in 3 months. I am on CD 104 and nothing yet. I too am taking Provera, I have 2 more days left and should see how long it takes for me to get AF. Last time I took Provera it took 9 days after last pill for AF to arrive. I am trying to go 2-3 months to see if I O naturally if not I will seek help with Clomid. I am glad you found a doc that is willing to help. Not all doctors listen to their patients. i wish you luck and the best.

Baby dust to us all!!
9/1/12 = BFP @ 9 DPO

JazzBaby
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Next

Return to Irregular Cycles