A little nervous, got blood work done.

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

A little nervous, got blood work done.

Postby JazzBaby » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Today, I went to my OBGYN. I have always had irregular cycles but I have never gone this long without getting AF. My doctor prescribed me Provera which I knew would happen but before I submit my prescription to the pharmacy she sent me for blood work and she wants to get the results prior to me starting the Provera. I have to be honest, I am a bit nervous. I dont know what the results would be. I am 3 months late, no + HPT and no AF.

My doctor was saying if I want to get pregnant then I should be going on meds. I am trying to say away from Clomid because of the risk of multiple babies plus I want my body to ovulate naturally. I thought Vitex was going to help me but it hasnt so I stopped it because I had a feeling I would be given Provera. I saw my doctor requested FSH, Prolactin and I cant remember what else. I have to call her on Monday to get results. She said I can probably have PCOS or hormone imbalance.

Has anyone done these tests? What were your results?
7/1/11 = M/C @ 6wks 6 days
9/1/12 = BFP @ 9 DPO
9/19/12 = :hb: 99 bpm (6 weeks 0 days)
12/28/12 = :hb: 153 bpm (20 weeks 2 days) - Team Blue
5/5/13 = My DS born (38 weeks 4 days)

JazzBaby
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Tee2876 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:43 pm

Hey. U should have waitress till CD 3 to do that bloodwork. The fsh and lh figures are only accurate on that cycle day so if they come back out of range you may want to redo. I had all that blood work done too. Better to hav it done then waste more time waiting for af. Good luck keep me,posted
Tee2876
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JazzBaby » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi Tee.

I got my results today and it turns out everything is ok. She tested my prolactin just to make sure no tumor on the pituitary gland, no thyroid issues and everything else is fine. She told me she wanted to rule out any of those issues because if I had them the provera wouldnt have worked. She gave me the go ahead on the provera. I already took one today. Who would have thought I would be looking forward to AF...lol?! I guess in the TTC world we do.

When I get my AF and as soon as I finish...I will be going back on Vitex. I hope it can work for me like it has worked for you.
7/1/11 = M/C @ 6wks 6 days
9/1/12 = BFP @ 9 DPO
9/19/12 = :hb: 99 bpm (6 weeks 0 days)
12/28/12 = :hb: 153 bpm (20 weeks 2 days) - Team Blue
5/5/13 = My DS born (38 weeks 4 days)

JazzBaby
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Tee2876 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:14 pm

ahh glad to hear. well good luck then. im truly convinced the vitex worked as i stopped taking it and BAM on CD23 no sign of o even being close so im going to roll iwth my cycle as is for this month as i have 2 vacations coming up the first and second week in aug and cant have AF those weekends so the longer o takes the longer AF will take : ) being positive with this particular cycle. keep me posted
Tee2876
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Irregular Cycles