How were your cycles coming off bcp's?

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

How were your cycles coming off bcp's?

Postby MommyHopeful » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 am

I've been off bcp's since April, my cycle was well over 100 days with no af. Middle of last week I started having some very light brown spotting, occasional pink spotting. Not even enough to need a pad or tampon you know? This lasted from Wednesday to Saturday..Sunday I decided to put on a small pad, and there was a small Amt of brown blood, more significant than spotting but not really a full flow. Do you think that was my first af?? I put it down as "light" for my chart and it started a whole new cycle so I wanted to make sure that was right...any opinions ladies? Anyone else have something similar to this coming off bcp's??
MommyHopeful
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Kaiowa » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:06 am

Hey there,

I've had exactly the same problems since coming off BC. It's hard to say what the line is btw spotting and bleeding. However, light bleeding (where you only need one pad for a whole day), is not usually AF proper. It's usually a sign you haven't ovulated that month (still my problem nine months later!) It might take a while to settle down but it's breakthrough bleeding rather than AF most likely.

Kaiowa
Kaiowa
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MommyHopeful » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:19 am

Kaiowa, thanks for the reply...I'm sure you feel the same way, but if I had known it was going to be this way, I would have stopped taking bcp's a long time ago! Have you had your AF at all since coming off of them or Have you not had anything for that 9 months? It's so frustrating isn't it?
MommyHopeful
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Irregular Cycles