irregular cycles since coming off the pill

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

irregular cycles since coming off the pill

Postby Loza83 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:37 am

Hi Everyone!! hubby and i have been trying for a baby since Oct 2011 and my AF has been all over the shop since. I went 3 months at one stage without anything. I was on the pill for ten years and i am wondering whether this has anything to do with my irregular cycles. Has anyone else experienced such irregular cycles after coming off the pill. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Loza83
Friend

Postby vbaker13 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:28 am

Hi, I stopped taking the pill at the end of March 2012 and my cycles are really long. 1st month off was 44 days, 2nd was 50 days and 3rd was 44 days.... it just takes some time for your body to regulate I guess.

Do you remember if you were regular before you went on the pill?
Me: 25 DH: 29
Married: Aug 13, 2011
TTC#1 since April 2012

BFP on Feb 3rd! (Ectopic)
Ectopic Surgery March 3rd *lost right tube*
BFP on Sept 5th - Baby Girl Due May 11th, 2014!!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3cd1e7/
https://www.ovagraph.com/cycles/17683/368807/chart
vbaker13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Loza83 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:47 am

Hi and thanks for your reply. From memory (it was a long time ago) my periods were approx 6 weeks late at the most but i dont think they were as irregular as they are now. I am also overweight which i dont think is helping me much. Im joining Weight Watchers next week so i am hoping that this will help :)
Loza83
Friend

Postby Cary2012 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:33 am

Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone with the ridiculous irregular cycles post bcp. I went off bcp last August and it has taken a YEAR to get back on track. (This happened the last time I went off the pill, as well.)

Hopefully things will even out for you faster, but if you're looking for something to help even things out, chaste tree extract can work well for some people. My cycles were always a little whacky and chaste tree seemed to regulate things to around a 30 day cycle. So, you may want to give it a try. (I've found taking 2 capsules of Vitanica brand of chaste tree per day is the brand/dosage that seems to give me results.)

Good luck!
I'm pregnant! Positive test Memorial Day at 10 DPO!

Trying on and off since August 2011
Chemical 05/03/2013
TTC #1
3 Fur Babies:
2 Crazy Kitties and 1 Energetic Pit Bull/Lab Mix
Cary2012

Postby nics_net » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:09 am

Wikipedia suggests the chaste tree stuff is a sexual supressant which doesn't seem like something that we need right now! :wink:

Did you have any experience of that?
nics_net
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Cary2012 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:16 am

I did a bunch of research before ever taking chaste tree. From what I remember, the "chaste" part of the name came from monks, hundreds of years ago, taking the chaste tree berries to help suppress their "urges". The more recent research doesn't support that modern types and dosages cause sexual suppression, and I've noticed no change at all in that area. There have been some more recent studies done and they suggest that chaste tree is beneficial in regulating cycles. I think it tends to be used more in Europe, especially in Sweden (if I remember correctly). You may want to check out the "conceiving naturally" section of the forum for more information and other people's experiences with it. :)
I'm pregnant! Positive test Memorial Day at 10 DPO!

Trying on and off since August 2011
Chemical 05/03/2013
TTC #1
3 Fur Babies:
2 Crazy Kitties and 1 Energetic Pit Bull/Lab Mix
Cary2012

Return to Irregular Cycles