When to see doctor?

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

When to see doctor?

Postby mums » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Hello ladies, I'm new to the boards this week and am so glad there's a forum for irregular cycles! I'm going on a 6 week wait instead of a TWW :? and no AF in sight! My question is -- when should I see a doctor? I've been off of BC for a few months now. It's been over 50 days since my last AF. In your opinions or experiences, would a doctor just tell me to wait longer to regulate, or is there anything else helpful that they may do? When would one start considering medication to regulate things? I really doubt I'm BFP since it's been all BFNs and I really don't feel any symptoms worth mentioning. Really appreciate your advice so I don't have to waste my sick time to see the doc.
mums
Friend

Re: When to see doctor?

Postby hopingandwishing » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:45 am

Hi Mums!

I'm on cd 100+something and have been ttc for over a year (about 15 months)... went to see the doctor after a year of trying and my docs said she won't do anything until dh gets a sperm analsysis and dh is lagging...

don't want to give you false hope, but i've read two promising stories, litmajor got her bfp on cd93 and someone else got it on cd127... maybe you can search litmajor's name and read her story... i believe she just gave birth to a health beautiful baby girl... i'm a lurker :) when it comes to babies conceived with irregular cycles... gives us (or at least me) some kind of hope...

gl
hopingandwishing
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby litmajor » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:10 pm

I'm here! :D And yep, I just had my DD 2.5 weeks ago, totally perfect and healthy, and I didn't O until CD77(ish) on that cycle.. My chart is in my siggy. The temps stop because I had gotten so frustrated and angry that I decided to take a holiday break, and wound up Oing a few days later. I don't know if I would recommend waiting as long as I did, as that can be pure torture, but it's proof that you can still O late (very late), and have a healthy baby.

I imagine a doctor would prescribe you Provera, which would trigger AF and start a new cycle. I have mixed feelings on Provera, but I think it is appropriate with cycles that have seemingly no end in sight.

Good luck! Just remember, irregular cycles are a PITA, but you can definitely still conceive!
Me- 25
DH- 28
9/6/13- BFP!

The ugliest BFP chart
litmajor
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JazzBaby » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi mums! I have irregular cycles too. I think its up to you on how long you want to wait. It took me 3 months to go to the doctor to find out how they can help me. I didnt really want to take meds so I waited to see if I would ovulate on my own and get AF. I went to doctor exactly 3 months after. My doc had no choice but to give me Provera and I got AF about 9 days after finishing the pills. After that cycle...I conceived. So again, its up to you on how long you want to wait and if you are looking to get pregnant fast. I was looking to have a baby so I felt I couldnt go longer than 3 months. I was trying natural pills, drinks, teas etc., and no AF until I got the help from my doctor.

I wish you luck with whatever you chose to do. Lots of baby dust your way!
7/1/11 = M/C @ 6wks 6 days
9/1/12 = BFP @ 9 DPO
9/19/12 = :hb: 99 bpm (6 weeks 0 days)
12/28/12 = :hb: 153 bpm (20 weeks 2 days) - Team Blue
5/5/13 = My DS born (38 weeks 4 days)

JazzBaby
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mums » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Thanks for the input ladies. Well, turns out I'm going to start provera and see how that goes. Wish me luck!

Congrats litmajor! And you too jazzybaby (not sure how recently but congrats nonetheless). Will keep my FX for you hopingandwishing!
mums
Friend

Postby litmajor » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:29 pm

JazzBaby wrote:I was looking to have a baby so I felt I couldnt go longer than 3 months.

Just so we're clear, I was looking to have a baby too haha.

Good luck with the Provera mums! Hope it can start your BFP cycle :)
Me- 25
DH- 28
9/6/13- BFP!

The ugliest BFP chart
litmajor
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Irregular Cycles