Irregular after IUD removal/Provera- looking for buddies!

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Irregular after IUD removal/Provera- looking for buddies!

Postby hazelbazel » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi Ladies, I was hoping maybe some of you had gone through this and could offer some advice/support. I had my last regular period Aug 1 while on the IUD still, and my periods came like clockwork while on it (and always before the IUD too). Then it came out on Aug 13, and 2 days later I started really heavy bleeding that lasted about a week. I then had a ton of EWCM and o pains around Sept 7/8 and we BD'd like crazy trying the catch the egg. Unfortulately though now, I have still yet to have a period but had a negative pregnancy blood test. My doc put me on Provera (progesterone) to try to get my period back now and I've now taken my 4th of 10 pills.

Not only do I feel so sad that it seems we didn't concieve this month, but I feel extra moody I think due to the provera. I'm feeling lost at the moment since I don't know where I am in my cycle and don't know when AF will show. The doc said it may show while I'm taking the pills or sometime once I've finished my 10th one. I feel like it's just taking FOREVER to get here and I'm so frustrated with all of this. I hate this waiting.

I'd love to hear stories of what you've gone through after IUD removal, after use of provera, or anything else you want to share! Would love to have some buddies to go through this with.
DS born 4/1/08 after 5 IUI's and vericocele repair
DD born 1/29/10 natural conception
IUD for 2.5 years, removed 8/13/12
Cycle 1- 8 weeks long
Cycle 2- induced by provera and lasted 3 weeks
Cycle 3- clomid cycle.... BFP 11/12/12!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Found out TWINS! Born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Irregular after IUD removal/Provera- looking for buddies

Postby hazelbazel » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:56 pm

BTW- when counting ccyle days after IUD removal, do you count the post removal bleeding as a period? Its seems like no... but I'm not sure. If so, then I'm on CD 53... if yes then I'm on CD 38.
Cycle 1- 8 weeks long
Cycle 3- clomid cycle.... BFP 11/12/12!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Found out TWINS! Born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Levi » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:14 am

Hi there,
I had the mirena coil, I had it removed end of April. I have always been a irregular so it was no surprise to me when I didn't get a period for quite sometime after removal. I am finding that my periods are very Few and far between which is really frustrating. The doctor told me that it can take six months to a year for normality to return after having the coil removed. I am not really sure what normality is really as before I could have a period whenever too. I am not sure if I am ovulating or not therefore having a Progesterone test at the doctors And waiting for the results now. I think the coil has made my hormones all over the place I didn't get a period while having it in. After the coil removed I only had a brown discharge (sorry if it too much information) I have been drinking fertilitea to try and regulate myself it contains Vitex I'm finding so far it has good results it has brought a period, a proper period so far. I'm now hoping after using it for a couple of months it might even bring a proper ovulation. Fingers crossed hey. I don't think I would have had the coil had I known what it would be like after I have it removed. It's been six months since I had it removed and I feel like my hormones are all over the place still. I'm really hoping that the vitex in the fertilitea Will do wonders for me. The reviews for it a very good so here's hoping!! Xx
Levi
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby hazelbazel » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi Levi! Wow, so you've certainly had your share of challenges. Interesting that your doc says 6 mos to a year to return to normal.... mine said should return to normal asap. Doctors.... :roll: .... who knows what to believe half the time. So what is the mirena "coil"? Mine was the mirena one that is shaped like a T and was drug elluding. Is that different than what you had I wonder? Have you gotten your results from your progesterone test back yet? GL with that. Hopefully they can get you on some sort of regime to regulate your cycles better. If it turns out you're not o'ing, I've read that one drug regime that works for irregular cycles that lack o'ing, is provera to induce your period, then clomid once the period comes. Provera does not induce o'ing, it only causes a period to start, whereas the clomid will induce o'ing. So maybe an option for you depending on what you find out. Of course fingers crossed that your fertilitea/vitex do the job! Me, on the other hand, since I've been so regular prior to Mirena removal, they're hoping the provera will just kick start me into my regular cycles again. But if it doesn't and I continue to have this trouble, I'm def asking for the clomid too. I'm 36 going on 37 and don't have tons of time left to be messing around with all this... IMO!! :) Anyway, thanks for responding. Hopefully we can both get this all figured out and move over to the pregnancy boards together very soon!
Cycle 1- 8 weeks long
hazelbazel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mums » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:16 pm

Hi there, well I wasnt on an iud but have had a somewhat similar experience since stopping bc. Lots of cm, felt all sorts of twinges along with sore bbs. After stopping the pill and after I o'd on the next cycle DH and I were really trying to catch the egg too. No af was promising for a bit but after repeated bfns and no af I came to accept there was no bfp and that maybe something was up. So here I am starting provera and waiting to see how that turns out much like you. FX to all of us ttc and for those of us on provera, etc. that our bodies adjust & we have our bfps soon!
mums
Friend

Postby hazelbazel » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi mums! Yes, we are certainly in the boat. How has provera been going for you? I'm on day 5 of a 10 day dose schedule. I'm feeling really tired and irritable, almost depressed feeling. Kinda like I feel when I have PMS. How about you? I also got these really weird shooting pains in my breasts today... not sure what that weirdness was about! LOL! I'm also stressing over when to expect AF. My doc said it may show while I'm taking the meds (and if so to stop them) but may not show until "after".... pretty vague! I've looked online and it looks like most people get it anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks after the last pill. Lord help me if its another 2 weeks!! LOL! This waiting is killing me! What did your doc say about when to expect AF?
Cycle 1- 8 weeks long
hazelbazel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mums » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Well can't believe this happened to me as I've read this happening to others..the exact day I was going to start taking my first provera pill af came in full force..! My doc said to expect af in just 2-3 days after finishing all the pills. I was surprised that it is expected to work so quickly. I'm still going to get some labs just to check everything out on my end. Sorry you've been experiencing some negative effects of provera. Hoping it does the trick for you though..Lots of baby dust to you!
mums
Friend

Postby hazelbazel » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:20 pm

That's awesome, yay for AF! I hope your labs go well for you! Keep me posted on how things progress for you. All the best!
Cycle 1- 8 weeks long
hazelbazel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mums » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Thanks! And same to you..keep us updated on how things turn out. Hope AF comes soon for you!
mums
Friend

Postby hazelbazel » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Funny thing is that I'm on day 9 of my provera and I started spotting today! YAY! I'm hoping it comes full force tomorrow and I can skip that last dose... aurgh, those pills make me tired and wacky... not a good combination! LOL!
Cycle 1- 8 weeks long
hazelbazel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Levi » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:38 am

Hi ladies, how are you doing? Sorry not been on for awhile been so busy at work. What the results came back that progesterone was non-existent. My doctor is offered to put me on the pill for 3 weeks and then take me off it which apparently can make AF show her face And make you ovulate. He has done another blood test on Friday to test my hormones again, as last time I had the test I still had the coil in. I get the results next Friday And will go and see him. Looks like I didn't ovulate this month after all My chart seems to just be plodding along Around the same temps. I have upped my dosage of Vitex As I realised I wasn't taking enough. Gave me skin rash day which apparently is side-effect!! I'm reluctant to take any drugs as yet I will give the vitex a bit longer to work. Fingers crossed for something to happen soon.

How about you ladies? Any signs of anything?
xxxx
Levi
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby hazelbazel » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Good luck next Fri. I don't know anything about vitex, but hopefully it'll work for you and you won't have to go on progesterone, but it did indeed work for me. I finally got AF day nine of my 10 days on the progesterone. I was so relieved to finally get AF as now I feel like I can get on with things, start a new cycle, and TTC again this month.

Let us know how it goes next Fri... hope the lab work turns out good for you! :)
Cycle 1- 8 weeks long
hazelbazel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Irregular Cycles