Anyone get BFP after taking Provera to jumpstart AF??

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Anyone get BFP after taking Provera to jumpstart AF??

Postby sleepytime1010 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:42 am

Hello!

So I'm up to CD 90 which is not normal for me. I have had 1 blood test and 5 POS tests and all negative. Finally my doctor has prescribed provera to jumpstart af. That was on CD 88. AF hasn't arrived yet but we'll see. My hopes of getting pregnant are pretty shot. It's hard to work up the excitement when and you get is BFN's in the end. :cry: Now crazy cycle lengths and I'm tired of it all. I just want AF to start so I can get back to charting and tracking. I stopped thinking AF wasn't coming due to stress.

Although, in an attempt to get myself motivated to start trying again, has anyone had success the month after taking provera?
Me: 27 DH: 33 Married: Oct 10, 2010 TTC#1 since June 2012
sleepytime1010

Re: Anyone get BFP after taking Provera to jumpstart AF??

Postby sleepytime1010 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:13 pm

i must be losing it because I just bought some preseed w/applicators and a new BBT thermometer... I'm determined to make November my month once AF arrives! :x
Me: 27 DH: 33 Married: Oct 10, 2010 TTC#1 since June 2012
sleepytime1010

Postby wishful blessings » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Been a while but thought I'd post for the readers :o)

I had to take provera to induce AF after 3 months of no period. 10 mg/ 10 days. I took provera and on the 10th day of the pill, started AF (I read it can take up to 2 weeks after the last pill) I got AF for a whole 7/8 days which normal for me would be 6 days so no big deal after all I hadn't seen AF in 3 months. On CD 12/13 for the first time ever I felt my left abdomen kinda stabbing feeling (maybe ovulation?) and have since then felt twinges in the middle. I suppose where my uterus would be? I'm on CD 34/35 and haven't tested but I will thiz week or next. Maybe a BFP? I was hoping provera helped regulate me some but if I don't see AF by mid April then maybe I'm out for the month n will start provera again.
wishful blessings

Postby wishful blessings » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:51 pm

And just like you, I have the prenatals and preseed already handy. Just thought I'd go 1 whole month with no meds to see if AF would regulate. I guess we shall see the test results
wishful blessings

Postby hopingandwishing » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:36 pm

hi wishful, I took provera to junpstart af and ut came on day 14 after a 10 day pill... I had an uktasound and hsg done last month
.. today is cd 28 and still waiting for af, my bbt never spiked but had pos. opk this past monday... called .my re and he have set up for meto get my estridol, . progesterone testex ans a blood test for pregnancy... then call him for results next wed. I may have to get af induce again...

gl!
hopingandwishing
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Irregular Cycles