How long after bcp did your cycles regulate?

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

How long after bcp did your cycles regulate?

Postby Crae03 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:13 pm

I've been off of my bcp since September an each month since then my cycles have been different lengths. How am I supposed to pin point ovulation??
Crae03

Re: How long after bcp did your cycles regulate?

Postby mmm3v » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi Crae! After I came off the pill my cycle lengths kept getting longer each month but not by much. May - 28, June - 28, July - 29, August - 31. I got my BFP in September. I had a blighted ovum mc in November. Do you track CM or temp? CM is a good way to see if you are around time of ovulation. However, temping is the only way to confirm O. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
05/12 - married & off BC
09/12 - BFP
11/12 - MC at 12 weeks - blighted ovum
12/12 - 1st cycle temping & OPK (BFN)
01/13 - BFN
02/13 - No OPKs or temping
3/7/13 - BFP! Due Nov 17th
11/9/13 - DD 7 lbs 1 oz
12/14 - trying for #2

My Ovulation Chart
mmm3v
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tee2876 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:20 am

i feel that BC will only give you normal cycles while on it, kind of like a mask for underlying issues you may not have known you had, ie I went on BC due to long cycles which = PCOS, some go on BC to control heavy bleeds which = endometriosis witht that said, what was yoru original reason for going on the pill? Just as BC? I know many girls who never had cycle issues that went on BC ended up with fertility issues such as PCOS. Sorry for rambling. I would start charting temps and do OPKs till you get it figured out

Me (39) FSH: 5.82 with all other bloods perfect on CD3 so why can't we get pregnant! SCREAM (MTHFR, 1 Copy of A1289C) Still should not prevent me from achieving the ultimate goal, SCREAM some more!
DH (36)
DS1 (22)
DS2 (19)
DD (16)
DSS (10)
DSS (7)
Furbaby Cleo (4)

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about" - anonymous...

My Ovulation Chart
Tee2876
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wishful blessings » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:31 pm

BC never regulated me >=| although I only took it for 4 months and was regular while ON the pill. I stopped taking it n got my period exactly a month (on my own) never got AF after that. So I suppose the month I did get AF on my own was probably the BC still in my system. After 3 months of no AF I went back and they tried to throw me on the pill AGAIN?! I never took them n went for a 2nd opinion which she had me take provera which worked but I'm currently on CD 34/35 testing this week to see if provera helped .
wishful blessings

Return to Irregular Cycles